Please let us know you experience with PS 1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf Beans.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-20, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fate
Corporal

Please let us know you experience with PS 1

I see a lot of names that I have no idea who you are. If you have no idea who I am then you probably haven't played in a long time. I would just ask that you include some kind of metric to rate your overall time played in PlanetSide. Things like BR/CR, overall time subbed, OP or even your in-game name/outfit name.

I'll start off with this. I'm best known as DarkFate or DarkFateVS.

I have over 100K kills on my main (that's being conservative after kills stopped tracking)
I'm BR40/CR5 on my main, I have another BR38/CR5 VS, a BR20/CR4 VS, a BR35/CR5 TR, and a BR34/CR4 TR.
I've subbed at release, but didn't play consistently until 2005.
I'm currently a member of Future Crew from Markov VS.
Old 2011-12-20, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Please let us know you experience with PS 1

SKYeXile needs no introduction.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-20, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LostSoul

LostSoul, br36/cr5 VS

Original Werner player with Immortal Serial Killers (ISK)
Moved on to many different outfits but currently within the ranks of Vanu Corp.

Still play now and then, but started about 4 months after the game launched. Not quite sure how many kills I got, quite a few i'd recon.
Old 2011-12-20, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Since 2004 werner, I done stuff.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
LordHumungusXOX
Private

SkinlessJACK, now gimme your pads
Old 2011-12-20, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

And this is in PS2 section why?
Old 2011-12-20, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

shogun01
br38/cr5

i subbed at release and played very much for a total of about 5-6 years. with pauses.
my only char higher than br10 is NC and i played on werner in the outfit new hope, later with fight club and blue lions.
my main role was support and sabotage.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

ZulthusVS BR30/CR5, DARK

Started playing in 07-08, random outfits such as AT, GOTR, some others until I found the small but elite outfit DARK. I unsubbed about a month ago, didn't really care for the low pops anymore, the game wasn't fun. I have somewhere around 30k kills, I'm not a hardcore player like most.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2011-12-20 at 04:16 PM.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Sorry, but what's the point of this thread? To brag about how many kills you have? To get yourself on the "who's who" of PS? What does this have to do with PS2?
Old 2011-12-20, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

Raymac - Markov NC
Also played as ReMaxx on Johari VS

BR30-something / CR 2 (Yeah I know, just spent more time helping 4.5s get to 5 than on my own CR. It kinda became a source of pride for me because I felt like that Sergeant Major that told you to not call him "sir" because he actually works for a living.)

Played since late May, early June of '03, so Planetside literally taught me how to upgrade my RAM and GPU.

DarkFate and SkyExile, both you guys have killed me more times than I'd care to remember. I bounced around a couple outfits until I joined up with the zergfit, 666th Devil Dogs because I really got a kick out of rolling the MASSIVE raids they did. It felt like "Oh nice little battle you have there. Excuse us as we completely change the tide with all these tanks and planes."

I got bored of the inside battles fairly quickly, so I really spent most of my time in a Reaver and when I wasn't flying rapid response, I was usually helping to take the courtyard, and then once that was secure, I'd fly CAP and fight off any reinforcements that would try to counter.

I still fly the 666th banner when I play now, not because they are active, but just to keep the memory alive. So, if you don't recognize my name, which I doubt anyone does, it's because I was usually up in the air.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Sorry, but what's the point of this thread? To brag about how many kills you have? To get yourself on the "who's who" of PS? What does this have to do with PS2?
Yeah. So?

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-12-20 at 12:02 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-20, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheRealStinky
PSU VIP

Played heavily from 2005-2011, took a break this last year but still jump into game from time to time.

2ndrealstinky TR Markov
NOTaTRspy NC Markov
Old 2011-12-20, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Aurmanite
Captain

I was in early beta before the COF fix when the game was all about who could crouch first. Back then people went to empty continents so they could get base capture XP without having to fight for it.

I played at release up until a few months after BFRs. Johari for life. BFR's didn't necessarily ruin the game for me, although they were a large part of the reason I stopped playing.

My computer back then couldn't really handle Planetside so I drove a tank (always a driver, never a gunner) for about 2 years straight. I also sniped, and was pretty damn good at it. Sometimes in big battles I would steal kills so fast that my name would spam as fast as I could reload.

Samnite
AA Alliance
BR20 CR 4.8. I easily could have been CR5 3 times over but I started playing sporadically and stuck to sniping/tanking with my roommate. Extra battle ranks came shortly after I stopped playing.
Old 2011-12-20, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Probably my most prominent character in PS is the BR27/CR5 AlekseyGV/NC/Emerald toon. If there is a Cyssor in PS2, expect the macro back.

I started playing back in late 2003, shortly before BFRs came out, when a friend of mine finally convinced me to try the game. I was very skeptical of the whole idea, I didn't want to become too much of an addict. I originally started out as a TR, but one night when I was bored, I joined the Emerald NC for an assault against the VS on Searhus. I ended up in a squad led by The Renegades, and had stuck with them since.

The Renegades lasted as an outfit for about a year and a half after that, but eventually, things started dying down, and it was disbanded after most of us migrated over to WoW. I played WoW for about 6 months, getting a toon up to 60, but WoW never delivered the same amount of thrill for me as PS.

Up to today, things had picked up, and what little time I did have left to play games was spent on mostly playing a little bit of everything to try and find that same PS kick, that feeling of teamwork and purpose, in BF2, BF2142 (closest to PS1 imo), BFBC2, TF2, and I'd resubscribed to PS for a few months about a year ago, and I've tried giving WoW another chance after the expansions. But all in all, I just can't fucking wait to lay my hands on PS2. I start behaving like my dog (the way he gets all giggidy when I get home from work and it's time for the daily run at the park) just thinking about it.

On that note, I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about populations in PS1 starting a resurgence since the PS2 announcement. Anyone got any realistic numbers they can throw at me?

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2011-12-20 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2011-12-20, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Where to start...

Subbed in June 2003 a month after release, I subbed to play with my brother-in-law who was already part of an outfit called (SOL) Navy on TR Konried. I also played his account in beta when he wasn't on. I played off and on, getting to BR20 by early 2004 and CR5 around August of 04. I became the outfit leader of (SOL) Navy after much of the outfit migrated to WoW (I personally hated that game.) After a short stint as outfit leader, I quit to join a TR pilot outfit called Liberty Reborn with Warpath and TheViper (now VenomDT.) I then quit LR to do a trial with Serious Gamers, however one month into my trial I found their playstyle and attitude towards the game not fitting for me at the time. This information became public on the official forums due to a raging former outfit member of LR. Not wanting to partake in anymore "Emerald drama" as I called it, I moved to Markov VS in late January of 2005. Using my SOL Navy alt character named ShockSN (SN = SOL Navy), I joined Future Crew after the outfit leader at the time, Abathur, recruited me.

Shortly after joining Future Crew I began playing non stop, massing kills, outfit points, and respect from within the outfit and around the Markov server. By September of 2005 I rose to the #2 position as LtSmash took over outfit leadership. In charge primarily of recruitment, I recruited many players who would become recognized as FC mainstays and Markov VS legends - including JimiJazz, RELOADS, and Tav. LtSmash, after going through periods of his own inactivity, promoted me to outfit leader in June 2006. Two months later, the infamous outfit wars began. Going on a drive to get all inactive members back and spreading the word, we were able to mass 30+ players per game and won outfit wars on Markov with a perfect 6-0-0 record. After that I participated in various different experiments and periods of recruitment - which include the forming of aeroPhalanx on Emerald, sniping all the top members of Lost Minions (including DarkFate), Tripulacion Futura, The Balance, and many more.

I'm often referred to by people as the PS1 player encyclopedia due to my large amounts of community involvement - specifically on the official forums and markovforums - as well as the large amount of people I've played with and talked to over the years. I've made my mark on or have been involved with almost every "leetfit" classed outfit to grace the game (even with several large outfits, including GOTR, and the ULTRA Alliance). I eagerly await PS2 because I know the community that was so fantastic in PS1 will be present.

Finally, my stats and some of my outfits stats... I suppose since everyone is doing it?

100k+ Kills on all my characters combined (conservative guess.)
Future Crew became the first outfit with under 100 members (never broke 100 in our history) to mass 10 million OPs.
Future Crew was the second outfit to reach 3 million total kills among outfit members (2nd to PCP.)
ShockSN, VS 35/5 - Future Crew OL, 360k OPs ~80k kills
Her0ic, VS 33/5 - The Balance
ShockFC, TR 30/5 - The Overlords, this character was renamed from "Sh0ckDockt0r", my original TR Konried character
Old 2011-12-20, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I'm best known as Effect/Effective/Gigantor (call me whatever, I don't care really :P) I've poured more then a couple hundred hours into this game probably, I don't even know for sure.

TR - TRxEffect - 40/5 - 24k kills
VS - Effectivexx - 25/3 - 2.5k
NC - TauFX - 18/0 - 1k kills at the most

Other account - Not sure about the total kills off the top of my head, all together it's probably about 40-50k kills on this account
TR - TRxEffective - BR40/5 (had some help with this one though :P)
GIGANTORtr - 26/2

VS - PublicEnemy - 33/5
GIGANTOR89 - 26/3

NC - DeltaFX - 34/5
Effective - 18/1

I've played on and off for a long time since august of 2003. I didn't start playing consistently until right before the markov/emerald merge. I was part of GotR before that happened, and joined the Juggernauts afterwords. I played with several groups of players of the course of that time, and eventually found my way into a somewhat infamous group of players known as TRx (Knights Of The Old Republic). Many good times to be had playing with them as a support role before they split due to some in-house problems. While I'm still technically part of TRx, it's remaining members don't play planetside (and I'm not subbed either), but we don't play the same games at all.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2011-12-20 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added kill count
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion