New patch today!!!!111one - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: something to think about
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-21, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

New patch today!!!!111one

Sorry if this is OFN, but I haven't seen a post on it yet. If it is, I'll climb Mt. Cyssor and Hamma can blow me up with his lightning as a form of public execution.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000209.html

At 3 AM on November 21, we will be releasing a patch with the following changes:
quote:
Gameplay
* When a player activates an implant, stamina drain will begin immediately. This is to prevent players from "flickering" implants on and off to avoid the drain.
* You can now create modules of all types in every cavern. The non powered modules are no longer acquired from the capture point, there are 6 places to pick up the modules in the building now.
* Active geowarps on continents now appear on global map.
* The avatar "special ability" key (aka the "toggle stealth" key) was moved from the General keymap to the Soldier keymap.
* Added a pane to the Keymapping options for MAX armor that allows players to override the "Special Ability" and "Jump" keymappings in the Soldier Pane.
* Previously, Module Receptacles could take damage if they were holding a module. Now they are always invulnerable.
* Dropped modules now appear as neutral on the overhead maps.
* Time-to-Hack and LLU lifespan info should be available at ALL facilities (NOT caverns) for all clients.
* Caverns are now laid out in a ring on the global map.
* Building object sounds will stop when a facility has no power (exceptions are the Resource Silo and Control Console).
* Players must now leave a geowarp's warp bubble before they can warp again.Performance
* Certain rendering properties, animations and effects have been optimized to improve framerates - especially in heavy combat situations.
Bug Fixes
* Players can no longer bypass the reload time for weapons by holstering them and drawing them again.
* Players will no longer be propelled from AMS spawn tubes at high speeds and take damage for it.
* Implant and macro icons in the hotbar will no longer swap between players.
* Implemented improved Speedstep detection.
* Vehicle terminals will no longer appear destroyed for some players and active for others.
* Players who die while holding the fire button down to throw a grenade will no longer throw the grenade when revived.
* Players will no longer get a message that they can deploy an ANT here when they are outside of the base.
* Players can no longer load Ancient Tech weapons from a vehicle favorite if the facility does not have the Weapon module installed or linked.
* Ancient Tech Weapons are no longer listed twice at the AT Equipment Terminals.
* Going linkdead while drop-podding will no longer cause the avatar to die.
* Avatars riding on zip will no longer be able to use deployed Router teleport pads.
* The Lazed targeting reticule will no longer continue to appear after respawning or exiting the Flail.
* Players will be able to board the HART consistently when it is docked at the HART shuttleport.
* Router drivers will no longer get telefragged when another player uses its remotely deployed telepad.
* Players will no longer get stuck on cavern telepads.
* Friendly players in turrets will no longer show as red on the HUD when targeted.
* Jumping in a VS MAX will drain stamina properly again (this does not apply to using the VS jumpjets, which drain from the MAX capacitor as opposed to stamina)
* The gunner dots in the Prowler's HUD display show players in the correct position.
* Drop pods will no longer stack up on each other when multiple characters drop in at the same location.
* If a Medic goes linkdead while reviving another player, that player will not come back from the dead.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ

-----------> * Certain rendering properties, animations and effects have been optimized to improve framerates - especially in heavy combat situations.
YAY!
Old 2003-11-21, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by WritheNC
-----------> * Certain rendering properties, animations and effects have been optimized to improve framerates - especially in heavy combat situations.
YAY!

Old 2003-11-21, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice..... cant wait to get home and update
Old 2003-11-21, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

* Players will no longer be propelled from AMS spawn tubes at high speeds and take damage for it.
This is the one ive been waiting for. I've already lost 20 health from that. I always lose at least 5.
Old 2003-11-21, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

They should call it the cHaM patch.
Old 2003-11-21, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madcow
They should call it the cHaM patch.
Old 2003-11-21, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Figures Im at work and can't post a news update (busy) where are my slacking staff!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-21, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Um....slacking...

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-11-21, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by sutserikeru
http://planetside-universe.com/forum...ad.php?t=16446

The exploits that people were upset at cHaM for publically announcing seem to have gotten special attention all of a sudden.
Old 2003-11-21, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

sigh

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-11-21, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jagd
Major

Aww, are you sad because he had to embarass SOE to get them off their lazy butts?
Old 2003-11-21, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zompton
Corporal

Nice update, hope it goes well for you lucky bastards.
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2003-11-21, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

No, sad cause people are supporting some ass that did it the wrong way.

I made a simple email to a couple of people at SOE regarding the MAX key bind issue and it got fixed. It wasn't publicly plastered everywhere and wasn't cried about by all, and it got fixed quickly.

There are plenty of ways to get things done without being an ass about it. He didn't say anything that hadn't been said 100 times before, he just consolidated it and spamed it publicly though it was against the eula. If he did as much research into who to contact as he did finding the exploits there wouldn't be such a lame following and now future Cham wannabe spamers will come out.

How many people did Cham drive away from the game? That helps how? Patches don't mean crap when there aren't people there to see em.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-11-21, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Marsman
Major

Originally Posted by Gryphon
No, sad cause people are supporting some ass that did it the wrong way. ...
How many people did Cham drive away from the game? That helps how? Patches don't mean crap when there aren't people there to see em.
Exactly - all he did was make the game miserable for those who want to play by publically posting that info. SOE has already said they were planning to concentrate on bug fixes after cc was out - his post was hardly the sole factor and it irritates the hell out of me that people credit him with it. I personally am glad he is leaving the game - we don't need people with his mentality who have no consideration for those of us who enjoy the game and want to play it.
Old 2003-11-21, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Unfortunately, cHaM hasn't left the game. I saw him last night on Markov. Can't wait to hear his next bitch to try and ruin the game!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion