General Hawley's speech - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-22, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #316
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It started as a post made bout General Hawley's speech, then it turned into a debate once silent started to argue against removing saddam by force. Then silent started to drag in ww2 and the nukes to prove some point, after that its just been silent walking around in a circle not really answering annything and contradicting himself...

In one post he says he for one listens to the CNN, in the next he says he don't trust them...

I'm still waiting for an answer on why he thinks Saddam should be allowed to rule the iraqi people, a people he has commited genocide on. And yes, he has weapons, he can't even show the inspctors the weapons hes said he has so the weapons can be destroyed. And no, Saddam was not elected he took the power by force.
Old 2003-02-22, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #317
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Damn it, I should have stayed up to have some fun. Ah well, Mist, you did a great job.

I just want to comment on the US policing the world. The US trades with every country in the world. The US was a founding and current member of the UN. The US has peacekeeping forces everywhere. The US sends aide to tens of countries. The US is the superpower. If you don't like it; I'm sorry. It's fact. China will assume that role in the years to come however. That's another story.

Anything that occurs in the world affects us in some way. Our relations do not stop at one country. The world is not too big for our influence. We do not stick our nose in other's business; we assist for our interests.

I just wonder what Germany will do when we move our armies east, out of Germany. Mr. Shroeder is locked into his anti-american stance after he won the election by running it as his policy.

Besides, in Poland and other eastern european countries, training restrictions are just not as...well...strict as in Germany.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-02-22, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #318
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

Lol, I've NEVER said I listen to CNN. I said I turned it on while channel surfing, and they said if Bush made his decision, you could be at war within 2 weeks. Hmmm, so I watch. I don't watch CNN cause I find it too biased. That's the first time I've watched it in a couple months. Last tiem I watched it was when "Crossfire" was talking about our PM's public speaker calling Bush a "moron" (as always I stand behind my country).

As for bringing up WW2, don't you think that's something that should be brought up? Many arguments go around Iraq having chemical and biological weapons. Well the U.S. has them too. Wasn't it them who used Agent Orange in Vietnam? N. Korea is developing nukes. Was it not the U.S. that dropped two on Japan (which having read even more on it while doing this argument, I now don't even feel one was necessary). Unregistered said they were given ample time to surrender, which is a dogfaced lie. Hell, Sadam has had 8 years to surrender, Japan got 3 days. Japan was nuked merely as a display of the U.S. new weapon to scare russia (which lead tot he cold war and the arms race).

Mistled, as for you not agreeing with me on the nukes, did you read the site I posted way back? Well in case you didn't, I book marked it.

http://www.webster.sk.ca/GREENWICH/HIRO2BMB.HTM
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge