PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this look infected?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-08-13, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AirFell
Private

Help my clan is divided between factions!

Kind of bored at the moment, so I thought I'd bring this up to the public to get some outside input.

Background:

My clan has been around since about 2008. They picked me up about a year after they had formed in 2009. We regularly pick up new people, but don't actively recruit, when people meet us and like us in game, if they apply and are cool, they'll probably get in. Pretty laid back, tightly knit, fun based clan.

The clan its self is a generalized FPS based clan. If its an FPS game, someone in our clan has probably played it, but as a whole we gravitate towards bigger games such as BF2, BF2 Project Reality, BFBC2, BF3, ARMA, ARMA II, ect...

Occasionally we have members that dabble in some MMO's/RPGS in smaller groups, but finally, we've found a game we feel we can stick to and have a greater impact on- Planetside 2.

Given the date the clan was formed and our recruitment style, we've picked up a few former PS1 players. (I had never heard of it until about a year ago from a former player in our clan)

Current Problem:

Of our members that are PS1 vets, they have strong ties to their factions (to be expected), but now its causing a problem, we can't decide on a faction to play as a whole. Its split prettly evenly between TR and NC. We've debated creating different chars on different servers and playing what we feel that day, but given the amount of certs and time Higby has said we'll have in this game on launch, focusing on more than one char/account may be unrealistic.
We are expecting to consistently field 10 to possibly 25 players at any given time.

Any other pre-PS2 gaming clans/communities having this issue? Any methods you guys are planning to give a try?

Side note: I'm the kind of guy, I honestly don't care what faction we play as long as we're together doing the maximum amount of damage we can as a team.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Help my clan is divided between factions!

No, no, no, you did the right thing ruling out the crazy alien-lovers to begin with. Now your clan needs just decide if they want to spam bullets in everywhere in the hopes of hitting something like the TR do, or be expert marksmen like the NC who use weapons that require precision and skill.

Now that you've got my completely unbiased opinion, I'm sure you can be trusted to make the right choice.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-08-13, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Easy, tell your TR and NC fanboys to fight each other for the empire the clan will play. When the NC win, you will all join the Smurf Zerg.

Old 2012-08-14, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

You have people wanting to go NC and people wanting to go TR. You're not going to get a good decision either way as some people will be happy and others won't be. Best that everyone be equally unhappy as that way they can rally together more easily. Make everyone unhappy and join the VS, that way neither side has a leg up on the other. Less contention that way.

Or be both sides just on different servers.
Old 2012-08-14, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Tell them to play TR or get out.. problem solved.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-14, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
No, no, no, you did the right thing ruling out the crazy alien-lovers to begin with. Now your clan needs just decide if they want to spam bullets in everywhere in the hopes of hitting something like the TR do, or be expert marksmen like the NC who use weapons that require precision and skill.

Now that you've got my completely unbiased opinion, I'm sure you can be trusted to make the right choice.

There is no skill in using a jackhammer...

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2012-08-14, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AirFell
Private

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Make everyone unhappy and join the VS, that way neither side has a leg up on the other. Less contention that way.

Or be both sides just on different servers.
LOL, we had joked about everyone being VS just so nobody is happy, but we've kind of rested on TR on this server, NC on that one, and you just play what you wanna play, granted I still think this will divide us despite this being a more the merrier type game.
Old 2012-08-14, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kyonye View Post
There is no skill in using a jackhammer...

Old 2012-08-14, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

PS1 faction loyalty is a strange thing. Save yourself the trouble and tell any of the people who don't want to play the most popular faction within the clan to make their own sub-clans on different servers.
Old 2012-08-15, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Tell them to play TR or get out.. problem solved.
I like the Hamma approach

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-08-15, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Jesus. This isn't fucking rocket science. Are you guys completely new to the internet? I'm sure you have someone who's in charge. That person needs to stop being a spineless sissy, nut the fuck up, and make a command decision.

Or if you're a bunch of touchy-feely "WAAA MY INTERNET RIGHTS!" gamers, hold a goddamned poll, run it for a week, and make it blatantly clear that the majority rules. Those who don't like the decision should do as Warborn suggested and make a different outfit on a different server.

Problem solved. Twice.
Old 2012-08-16, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Join Vanu. Glad to help.
I Suggest you to do This, we also did that in the Past, everyone is happy with that.

We don´t know how many Servers it will be in the Future, maybe they can have 2 Accounts, (dont know how this will work, maybe 2 email ect...) the could have there own Fav. Fraction with a second char, right ?

No Problem, just play Together !
Old 2012-08-17, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kitsune
Sergeant

I'd recommend that your outfit take 3-6 days exploring all of the factions in game when you can, and at the end of the week they vote. Who knows, maybe people will like playing Vanu instead of their Ps1 faction.
Old 2012-08-19, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Arrius
Private

I don't see what's wrong with finally having a way to compete and joke with each other instead of all being on the same side 24/7. All of the factions are gonna have their bragging rights at times and that's part of the fun.

Plus it might give other members a chance to lead a bit instead of being sh$t on by the senior members all the time. It happens in every clan but people often keep quiet rather than creating a stir.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Better Red than..... Yeah

Get them all on board one faction. I don't see an issue if they want to be another faction on another server, they just need to be another (sub) outfit.

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge