PSU: We care a lot... Really, we do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-01-26, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kilroy
Private

Looking for a newb friendly outfit

Hey all! I am looking for a newbie friendly outfit I can join for Planetside 2 with experienced players from Planetside 1 that I can learn from. I am going to play vanu on the east coast.

I am looking for a relatively laid back outfit where fun does not rely on winning.

I am looking for an outfit where I can join with some friends from home and be allowed to squad with them on a regular basis (at least until they get to know other outfit members. This is to ensure my friends continue playing the game).

I am looking for a generalized outfit that will do everything under the sun depending on the mood of the night.

Lastly I'd like an outfit where specific roles are optional and if no one volunteers for that role the group will go without regardless of the implications it will have on the outcome of the battle. This way no one will be forced to do something they dread.

This list was composed based on my brief experience playing PS1 for a month with two separate outfits back in 07.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Re: Looking for a newb friendly outfit

www.enclaveoilrig.com - We're always recruiting people interested in working as a team and being apart of a large organized outfit.

The difference between The Enclave and a Zergfit is that we're organized and effective. Our videos and history prove that.
Old 2012-04-15, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tssha
Corporal

Re: Looking for a newb friendly outfit

Actually, you sound like a perfect fit for The Vindicators. We're Vanu east coast too, and my own experience with Planetside goes back to Open Beta. Heck, we organized before the game even started, starting on opening day, though I joined some time later, long after release (December, can't remember if it was 03 or 04).

We're pretty laid back and we want to have fun, but we like to win also. Still, it's not like it's essential to have fun. We're laid back, use voice chat and work as a team. We've done tower holds, gen drops, gal drops, lightning night (or other cert nights), worked with other outfits on joint ops, and generally had a good time doing it. Our tactics are flexible and based on the situation. We don't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

We've had groups of friends join before. I can't say it's always been an easy transition, but sometimes it works out. We're not going to force you to join the squad if you need this accommodation, we're prepared to be flexible. Just play nice on the voice comms and listen to outfit leaders and the voice server admins. Though, once you get to know us, we're sure you'll all become part of the family. We like to work together closely and that tends to bind us together, and during the slack time we're fine with people just chatting over the comms.

Feel free to check us out at www.thevindicators.com or check out our post in the outfit forum on PSU. If you want to sign up, post an application on our forum. As one long-time member once said, we're more like a close-knit, dysfunctional family of gamers than a competitive clan. Not that we can't kick ass with the best of them.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit