PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PIMPTASTIC
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-01-19, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Outfit Runners Needed for Planetside 247.

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
What kind of support will you have for outfits that might not wish to stream themselves, but still want to participate? Personally, I'm kind of sensitive to other people (namely, EVERYONE, if this is being streamed) seeing into our ops, hearing our comms, and sort of being with us even though they aren't, you know? Our outfit members have those privileges, and some very special outfit friends - not everyone under the moon. If you're not a member of our outfit, you don't get the perks, and I think a lot of other outfit leaders have mirrored that sentiment here.

However, I very much want GOTR to be able to participate, somehow. We'll gladly give you access to our "SFRs" or "Sunday Fun Raids" which have been featured in other Planetside Players' videos such as BunnyBread's Vertigo series. There is nothing more entertaining than 60 Lightnings vaulting over a hill towards certain destruction, and we'd be glad to give you or one of the other 247 casters full, unfettered access to comms and the raid itself - because that's the point, it's FUN, it's just meant to be hilarious. Like Rick James night, for instance (search for it on Youtube).

However, the rest of the time, GOTR stuff is GOTR stuff, period. What else can we do to participate?

Here are some vids for you:

Planetside - Vertigo, Part 3 - YouTube

Planetside / GOTR SFR 5/29 - Reaver Revolution - YouTube

Ghosts of the Revolution - Rick James Night 6/12/11 - YouTube

Ghosts of the Revolution - Reaver Revolution 1.2 - YouTube
I'm putting some information together now rob, sorry for the wait but its complicated and a lot to do on your own
Old 2012-01-23, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
KaiserBob
Private

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post

You see the super duper mega elite outfits you speak about in the text above?, they are going to find it pretty dam hard "not" to take part, or even not to stream for that matter. You see, its the year 2012, there are more up loaders to YouTube than ever before, there are faster PC's and internet connections, and more people have fraps running 100% of the time, and also a whole host of sites like TwitchTV etc,

Along with promoting the game and the good/elite outfits that run the show.
Two things:

1. You played for the first year of a game which has been out for 9 years at a mediocre level, I don't really think you have a very good understanding of outfits operating at a high level which have been together for 5+ years.

2. And if you did you would know that those outfits would never stream themselves, but if they decided they did need "promotion" (whatever the hell that means), they would find whatever outfit was streaming and hit them like a bus. No better promotion than that.
Old 2012-01-23, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by KaiserBob View Post
Two things:

1. You played for the first year of a game which has been out for 9 years at a mediocre level, I don't really think you have a very good understanding of outfits operating at a high level which have been together for 5+ years.

2. And if you did you would know that those outfits would never stream themselves, but if they decided they did need "promotion" (whatever the hell that means), they would find whatever outfit was streaming and hit them like a bus. No better promotion than that.
Yea cheers for that, KaiserBob.

Please folks if you cant contribute to 247, then don't comment, your just making a mess of this thread. If you want to discuss this go to TeamStarz.net, otherwise leave my threads alone.

Thank you.
Old 2012-01-23, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Definitions:
internet forum (synonym: message board, bulletin board): an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages

forum: an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of subjects, topics or questions of public interest.
Old 2012-01-24, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Definitions:
internet forum (synonym: message board, bulletin board): an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages

forum: an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of subjects, topics or questions of public interest.
Exactly. Aside from a few snide comments, most of the discussion here is pretty thoughtful especially considering who's posting. Morto: you clearly have trouble taking any sort of constructive criticism, which is exactly what posters here have been giving. I laid it out very well for you in my post, KaiserBob's post was also quite reasonable. You have a clear lack of understanding about the community of this game, as you so clearly displayed on our forums - offering to "promote" FC. Any person that has ever played PS1 at even a semi-serious level knows we need no promotion (this is not me trying to brag, this is simple fact.) You are making assumptions and generalizations about the entire community, and stepping on toes in the process. The people who's toes you're stepping on happen to be some of the posters in this thread, including myself.

Look, I could call you an idiot and your idea dumb, but I'm not going to - that wouldn't be constructive. I don't also believe you to be an idiot (though you're treading awfully close to that territory recently) and I think you have a good idea, but you need a better grasp on community organizing instead of just making presumptions about everyone from a 9 year old game you only played for a year semi-casually.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BloodySoul
Corporal

I'm going to start a solo outfit in PS2 and call it SmallFit, (lol), I have been running with the Vindi's on VS and the Black Ravens on TR, and 88s on NC for a while now. And I gotta say.. I think it would be good to start fresh. If it ends up being a good idea then I will try to give you some running footage. xD
Old 2012-01-24, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I stripped away all the extraneous stuff and this is what I came away with: a nice summary.
Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Morto: you clearly have trouble taking any sort of constructive criticism
At the end of the road, we have two paths: either stream/FRAPs your shit, or don't. Most of us from "professional" outfits that have been playing this game since beta, whether non-stop or in bursts, understand the concept of OPSEC. Those that don't invariably are the ones who get some idiot stalking them out-of-game, learning their tips and tricks, and then schooling the poor bastard or hunting the person down without fail and griefing the shit out of them. Case in point: in what, 2004? I think it was, the NC decided to post on the official forums about their Great Halloween Invasion without any sort of clue as to OPSEC. They posted about how their target was hush-hush and that they had a plan but clearly, simply knowing who was participating and knowing the date and the time was all we needed. A bunch of TR and VS outfits temporarily suspended hostilities and camped the fuck out of their Sanctuary warpgates. Within about an hour, most of the NC had logged off and there were a thousand butthurt posts from angry little blue-and-yellow emo jackasses about how we were SOBs for ruining their fun. Lesson learned: good outfits don't say "hey here I am, this is what I'm doing, naananananaa you can't find me!"

Most of us saying we're not doing it are trying to point this fucking simple fact out to you so that you don't get some sort of weird freakish complex from lack of interest and end up cutting your wrists in some sort of bizarre streaming suicide pact. That, or simply to stave off the fifty fucking threads that have resulted from your obsession with this idea (not that there's anything wrong with being motivated, mind you).

I'd hate to see what happens to you when the Youtube public-at-large gets hold of your videos. Those sad pathetic sacks of shit will negatively comment, vote down, and otherwise trash anything you post because in the end, all they are is a collective assortment of butthurt dipshits who post like they have some sort of severe emotional problem ON ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE SHIT THEY SEE ON YOUTUBE. If you can't deal with the fact that somewhere, someone, somehow is going to disagree with you, my advice is to either build yourself a sycophantic army of Yes-Men and create a locked-down forum where nobody is allowed to post anything but "GREAT IDEA, MASTER!" or refrain from posting on forums.

Best of luck with your idea.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Guys here we are again talking trash talk in one of my threads, and to be fair its the same 3/4 folks rabbeting on about my idea and me.

This is a forum yes, but please read the "title" before posting, that is the whole point in having a title, so you can define a thread. And the title was = "Outfit Runners Needed for Planetside 247" now is that to fucking hard for you?. It does not say discussion about Planetside 247's outfit runners, or anything else for that matter. Now please get a grip and start practising what you preach.

And I can take as much creative criticism as any person, I just don't see much of it here.

And Firefly, are you on fucking drugs? As that post makes is sound like you are, look I'm not here for your input, in fact Im keeping myself off the cigarettes with this idea, its giving me a chance to love the games more, meet new people and do the things I like, like streaming, video editing, music, digital images and PLAY FUCKING PLANETSIDE, and to be honest there are more people loving the idea than not, so fucking blow me!!!

Now to finish it off I don't give 2 flying fucks what you/shock/sky or 99% of the fucking morons on this site think. But for the other 1% who actually are up for making the community are more valid and established one, and contributing to ideas regarding Planetside 1/2, I'm here for them, and there only seems to be 1 or 2 in this thread and about 12 fucking trolls.

And below.............. this is how you contribute to something: (its harder to troll than it is to contribute!)

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post
I'm going to start a solo outfit in PS2 and call it SmallFit, (lol), I have been running with the Vindi's on VS and the Black Ravens on TR, and 88s on NC for a while now. And I gotta say.. I think it would be good to start fresh. If it ends up being a good idea then I will try to give you some running footage. xD
Thanks BloodySoul, its nice to know between all the troll some nice folks are just dying to help out with community stuff. Your more than welcome to join up to 247, we are actively looking for new members to help out with the streams.

Cheers.

oh oh oh and 1 more thing, I could turn my PC of now, shut the site down and move onto something else and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to my life. This is all for fun, and the time I wasn't on Planetside, I was off out in the real world living my life to the fullest!

Now you can blow me again if you want.

PS. Trolls really get the fingers going, look at that lovely wall of text.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-25 at 06:35 PM.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Your density is troubling.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

So this is basically just an attempt at creating an unofficial War Reporter class?

Old 2012-01-26, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
So this is basically just an attempt at creating an unofficial War Reporter class?
Thats sounds about right. But reporting on the war is only a small portion of it, its the outfits I would like to see get some gratitude for the hard work they put in. Its going to be tricky but your more than welcome (all of you + trolls) to come and discuss what we can/cant do here: http://www.teamstarz.net/showthread....creen-watchers
Old 2012-01-26, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

A friend asked me to stop calling folks trolls, and due to the fact I have respect for him, I will.

No more name calling from me Lets carry on the recruitment for Outfit runners, and discussion should be taken here :http://www.teamstarz.net/forumdispla...lanetside-Live!
Old 2012-01-26, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hamma
PSU Admin

This threads is a sad state of affairs.

If you don't want to participate in what Morto is working on just don't.. no need to derail his threads. He's trying to do something for the community in the game that he loves.

PSU is the result of a similar effort - I saw a game with potential and created PSU as a place to stay for what I hoped would become an awesome community. And it hasn't disappointed me much over the years so please try and keep threads like this constructive.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-01-26 at 09:13 AM.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks for that Hamma, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BloodySoul
Corporal

Wink Re: Outfit Runners Needed for Planetside 247.

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Thats sounds about right. But reporting on the war is only a small portion of it, its the outfits I would like to see get some gratitude for the hard work they put in. Its going to be tricky but your more than welcome (all of you + trolls) to come and discuss what we can/cant do here: http://www.teamstarz.net/showthread....creen-watchers
I don't think its a bad idea. I actually wanted to try to make video and streams of my game play anyhow. So along with just running around as a camera man I will be also showing beginners, people new to planetside, how PlanetSide works. I know a lot of kids are going to troll the crud out of this game, and I can tell you now that they will be easy pickings. haha

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit