The new empire based Deliverers and fury - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC: They have No Competiton.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-18, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

but with your reasoning why do the balistick weapons fall at such an alarming rate, and why dont small arms fall?

Why not have indirect weapons, you don't have any and it would be very helpfull getting rid of those hidden Phoenix users. Its obviously going to be AI, and the lobbed weapons are better at AI in my oppinion, becasue its far easier to get it to hit at thier feet, with the direct fire you can shoot it right past them much easier.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-18, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

I honestly think we should reserve judgement until the damn things are at least on the test server.
Old 2004-04-18, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Acaila
First Lieutenant

VS have the best AA currently in the game, quit complaining you can't attack air effectively with your new toy. How do you think a Prowler feels compared to Magrider? Or a Sparrow to a Starfire MAX?

The TR version should be the most powerful, if you need 1.7* the number of people to use its full capabilities, it should beat the others convincingly in an encounter. Should.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Sounds great. I'm liking the TR Battlewagon a lot, since it'll be a great combat vehicle AND transport. The original Deliverer should be the only one that can still float, though, to keep some balance.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Well... the Aurora. It's the fact that it's a type of Flux Cannon, and the one currently on the Thresher is only good because the Thresher is so fast. This new Deliverer will be slower than the current one, so, it really depends on how fast it shoots, what the arc is like, how much damage it does, etc. etc. The others we already know are gonna kick ass, it's the VS having a weapon that is rather useless put onto something that will be compared to two others of the same type that are far superior.
Old 2004-04-19, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheN00b
KIA, you do realize that there are four 14mm's on the Battlewagon, and two 20mm's on the Deliverer? Hmm, hard choice...
Crap, that's what I get for trying to read something so early in the morning. Mind skipped over the 4 part and substituted 2.

Hmm, now I'm really getting worried. Has it started snowing in hell? Is this one of the signs of the Apocalypse? Is the world coming to an end? All must be true if they are going to give TR a better weapon system. Come to think about it, SOE must have something up their sleeve to keep TR in their place. Oh, I got it, slower and poorer handling! The thing probably drives at the pace of a stamina drained rexo and turns with the speed of a max walking backward. Only then can I believe that TR is getting this thing.

Wait, it just dawned on me. We will need 5 TR to field this thing effectively!!!! Let me guess, the other empires will only need 2. The world isn't ending after all.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-19, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Seer
Major

Between the TR needing 5 people to max out their empire specific deliverer and the Vanu getting the flux cannon, this empire specific deliverer thing looks to go to the NC.
Old 2004-04-19, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Its not a case of TR need to max out the deliverer as they could just have 3 gunners and it would be great. The point is the VS are having a bit of a pointless weapon stuch on the top of it. The TR and NC have little basis to argue at the moment as their empire spec deliverers will be good regardless. The VS can argue about it as the idea for our empire specific deliverer is flawed in itself.
Old 2004-04-19, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

The Vanu Sovereignty has developed the Aurora, which is equipped with two Flux Pod Launchers, a weapon with similar effects to the Flux Cannon, but with an indirect arc of fire.
It's not the flux cannon for fucks sake, quit bitching until you see it. It's like someone bitching (by someone who hasn't used it) that 150mm on the Vanguard isn't effective enough because the 12mm also has "mm" in the name.
Old 2004-04-19, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

what's a flux canon
Old 2004-04-19, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hoza
Private

A lot of these arguments depend on what the purpose of the new Deli's are. If they are still supposed to be mainly transports to get half a squad (Or a modrunner / llu carrier) from A -> B safely then the weapons should be defensive i.e. to discourage air attacks or make infantry think twice about sticking their heads up. Seems to me that the TR / NC varients have this in ******, where as the VS defense (as a concept - I know we haven't seen them yet!) seems to be a bit lacking.

The arguments about VS having the best AA seem a bit moot to me here, as I doubt that the Starfire (In non auto run mode), Magrider or Lancer wielder will be able to keep up with the Aurora so that leaves the common pool SkyGuard. (Interestingly as TR claim that they require 5 people to make the BattleWagon effective, the VS could make similar claims - 3 people in the Deli and 2 in the Skyguard!)

If on the other hand the varients are designed to be proper Infantry Fighting vehicles (With the appropriate armour buff to compensate for speed reduction.) then the VS has gained a versitile new addition to it's arsenal - They just need to use some common sense when to deploy it i.e. only if you have air superiority. I can see these becomming popular at tower assaults and base defense.

The Dev's have said on the offical forums that we shouldn't let the name fool us, and while the Flux Pod Launcher may be based on the same sort of technology as the Thresher gun it won't share many of it's characteristics, so I think it's probably unfair to compare the two.
Old 2004-04-19, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Nereid
Corporal

I would think if the flux pod launcher's perjectile speed and arc was the same as the other MBT's cannons then it would be the AI weapon they have been missing on their magrider. Man I wish my lightning could have a gauss cannon then I could snipe back at magriders heh. I think they all have their different advantages and I guess we gonna have to wait till they get put on the test server. Also does the fury have two hellfires or just one? And is it something simular to the firebird or slightly weaker?
Old 2004-04-19, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Seer
Major

Guys, we're not the ones drawing parallels to the flux cannon. That was the developers who did that. So stop saying it's 'unfair' or 'inaccurate' to take the developers at their word.
Old 2004-04-19, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The Dev's have said on the offical forums that we shouldn't let the name fool us, and while the Flux Pod Launcher may be based on the same sort of technology as the Thresher gun it won't share many of it's characteristics, so I think it's probably unfair to compare the two.
About time someone pointed that out

Also does the fury have two hellfires or just one? And is it something simular to the firebird or slightly weaker?
Afaik it only has one, but I don't know. I think it'll be equal or slightly more powerful than the Enforcer's firebird system.
Old 2004-04-19, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Afaik it only has one, but I don't know. I think it'll be equal or slightly more powerful than the Enforcer's firebird system.
o shit.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion