Outfit war?! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTS?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WickedDeus
Sergeant Major

Outfit war?!

Do you think they will add this to the game?

I know you should never want to kill people in your empire during wartime but sometimes people just piss you off. I'm hoping their going to be adding something like a dual and guildwar command like the one in EQ. That way you can kill each other without the grief points.
Old 2003-04-21, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I think this might end up causing more of a free-for-all feel than the game was made for. Duels would be really cool, but outfit wars may be too much. Just my $0.02
Old 2003-04-21, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Harps
First Sergeant

yah i agree with militant... i think u would see it to much and i dont really think the game was made for this
Old 2003-04-21, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rifle
Private

if you want outfit wars, i suggest you stick to Tribes and CS
Old 2003-04-21, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Well maybe it would work, not for just getting peeps pissed off, but to choose the better one in the squad/outfit? You have a stand off and when the timer hits zero you 2 fight and first on dead loses. And it would be in a building on the empires santcuary.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
WickedDeus
Sergeant Major

Yeah thats what I mean. You don't have to do an outfitwar if you don't want to. In EQ when a guild wanted to see who was better(or if some other person/guild piss you off) they would do a /guildwar <guildname> and the other guild would have to accept, otherwise there is no war. Ofcourse if you don't accept then you pretty much lose. Works the same with duel function. I think it would be fun to have best of the best compatition between other people and outfits.
Old 2003-04-21, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

It might work in planetside, never worked in EQ though. It was just too pointless and the guilds that really piss people off (for the most part) are the high end guilds. The high end guilds won't bother because they are trying to advance to harder encounters/farming the encounters they have recently mastered and don't want to waste the time. Any lower guild (the people who would generally have the motivation to start a guildwar) would be demolished by a guild that's equipped in gear three tiers or more above them.

In Planetside though there is no gear farming and, for the most part, the encounters are dependant completely upon what the opposing faction brings to the field. Therefore people aren't trying to move on to harder encounters and it's based on teamwork and tactics instead of what equipment you've spent hours farming. If you think about it though, Planetside is almost like a guildwar where all three guilds are equipped with relatively balanced equipment.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-04-21, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WickedDeus
Sergeant Major

Yeah, I believe it would be a nice feature to have.
Old 2003-04-21, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Harps
First Sergeant

heh maybe they can do it in the VR mode or something stay out of every1 else's way
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion