It is as i feared... no deploy zones. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tastes Great...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-10, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wargrim
Sergeant

It is as i feared... no deploy zones.

So, SOE chose to take a road with no deploy zones with AMSes that seems to be the must stupid way possible.

Not only does it block attackers from deploying an AMS around a countrol point, which i already find a very stupid move.

But it even blocks DEFENDERS from deploying around a control point THEY OWN.

No defensive Sundie in Tech Plant Center.
No defensive Sundie in Amp station Center.

Hooray.

Am i the only one who thinks this is going to make it even easyer for an attacking Zerg force to surround spawn buildings and prevent the defenders from doing anything useful? At least we still got the tunnels.

I for my part hope that this decision will be reverted asap, and no - deploy zones get removed again.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Wahooo
Captain

Re: It is as i feared... no deploy zones.

Originally Posted by Wargrim View Post

No defensive Sundie in Tech Plant Center.
No defensive Sundie in Amp station Center.
That is very unfortunate. The point of the argument was the unhappieness that the attackers were able to spawn closer to the point than the defenders. This doesn't really change that it just makes both side run a little ways, but in a lot of places the attackers can still spawn closer while the defenders spawn room is vehicle camped.

*sigh*

I've actually been annoyed at the several design updates that have *fixed* the exploitable areas we could put sundies in Techplants and Amp stations. I wish the devs realized that wasn't breaking the design... or maybe it was, but that it wasn't the exploit that was the problem the base design was flawed and this was the players overcoming that.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Isokon
Private

You already said it yourself. The defenders got the tunnels.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

The devs should have considered the friendly/enemy SOI mechanic when considering no deploy zones. Just sayin'.

Old 2013-07-10, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

It may make it easier for attackers to get to the control point, but it will be harder for them to hold it. When attackers get Sundies in the back of the tech plant or the amp station garage, and idiot defenders repair shield generators, it really makes it difficult to resecure. Hard to say what the overall effect will be until it plays out. Maybe tunnels will actually become useful, who knows.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
It may make it easier for attackers to get to the control point, but it will be harder for them to hold it. When attackers get Sundies in the back of the tech plant or the amp station garage, and idiot defenders repair shield generators, it really makes it difficult to resecure. Hard to say what the overall effect will be until it plays out. Maybe tunnels will actually become useful, who knows.
The tunnels are already useful. I just wish there was a way to get back in them.

The 2nd (2nd? the one that leads to a shed outside of the middle bay) exit in Tech Plants is DAMN good to use. It was always un-watched by attackers and almost no one watched the middle bay. You could back attack either the vehicle bay campers or rear door campers, even could just ignore them both and go for the point.

But for Amp Stations I want to get back in the tunnels so damn bad. Gen to gen and then pop up in the SCU room. Thought would make defending easy if defenders could get to key points fast from each other.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Good.

Being able to spawn right on a point almost guarantees it's a pure numbers battle. I've never liked the ability to spawn right on top of a point for either the defenders or the attackers.

Defenders have the tunnels and the attackers have to make an effort too stay alive while defending.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The tunnels are already useful. I just wish there was a way to get back in them.

The 2nd (2nd? the one that leads to a shed outside of the middle bay) exit in Tech Plants is DAMN good to use. It was always un-watched by attackers and almost no one watched the middle bay. You could back attack either the vehicle bay campers or rear door campers, even could just ignore them both and go for the point.

But for Amp Stations I want to get back in the tunnels so damn bad. Gen to gen and then pop up in the SCU room. Thought would make defending easy if defenders could get to key points fast from each other.
This is the point of the no deploy zones. They created tunnels so that we could defend better, but no one really uses them because it was easier to get a sunderer to the center and just spawn there to move out. This worked too well for defenders and once attackers could get a sunderer to the center it was game over for the base... in most cases.

Now attackers will have to come from the outside and go in. Defenders can spawn and use tunnels to move around the base far faster than attackers.

Attackers will actually have to work to break the lines and then spread out to stop defenders from using the tunnels instead of just camping the spawn room.

Overall I think it will make defending easier which I think is something the game needs and it will spread out the combat so it's not so much a spawn camp fest.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-07-10 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2013-07-10, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

No deploy zones shouldn't affect the defending force. At all. Sure tunnels (et cetra), but when the defensive Sunderer is typically parked where the spawn room should have been in the first place...

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-10, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Timithos
Master Sergeant

This is a shame. It should have been for attackers only.

And I wanted a new generator/console in the facility's plethora of empty buildings to control the AMS no-deploy zone.

What about tunnels everywhere else other then Amp stations and Tech Plants? There are none. Defenders lose again.

I'm getting the feeling that some players only fight at major facilities. How sad.
Old 2013-07-10, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
PredatorFour
Major

I think everyone thought no deploy zones would only affect attacker's.... apart from the dev's.
Old 2013-07-10, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
This is a shame. It should have been for attackers only.

And I wanted a new generator/console in the facility's plethora of empty buildings to control the AMS no-deploy zone.

What about tunnels everywhere else other then Amp stations and Tech Plants? There are none. Defenders lose again.

I'm getting the feeling that some players only fight at major facilities. How sad.
With a few exceptions, I think small outposts don't really benefit that much from defenders putting sunderers near the cap point(s). The distance from the spawn room is relatively short.
The reason defensive sunderers in AMP stations and Tech plants work so well is because the are protected by the shields. Once the shields go down, the sunderer usually follows shortly after.
Old 2013-07-10, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SternLX
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Isokon View Post
... Once the shields go down, the sunderer usually follows shortly after.
This ^^^ Also a growing tactic I have seen recently is a Harasser with shield diffuser popping through with a AV MAX and a Halberd equipped and totally smashing the defenders deploy'd Sundy anyway.

In all honesty, I like this change. Makes for more running battles and doesn't give either side an advantage in AMP Stations or Tech Plants. Small bases... parking a Sundy on the Cap point is the fastest way to loose that Sundy. Especially when Half a Squad or more come running out of the spawn room as heavies with RL's in hand and only one target in mind.

Edit: Oh speaking of Diffuser. I expect we'll see that used more often on Sundy's to get an entire Squad in near the Cap points on Tech plants and Amp stations now.

Last edited by SternLX; 2013-07-10 at 07:00 PM.
Old 2013-07-10, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm willing to give this change a bit of time to see how it affects the game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-07-10, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Falcon_br
Captain

Yeah, I also think it is nice.
When I was walking inside one amp station I said, no way we can get this base walking that much!
When I got inside it and saw there was no enemy sunderer I thought:
I am ok with that, if both the defenders and the attackers must walk, it will no longer be a fight where the primary target is the enemy sunderer, if you want to win.
I just want to know how will DVS on Waterson do, since the tactics they use the most to take amp station is galaxy hotdrop, terminal hack, multiple Spawn sunderers inside the point, it is no longer a valid tactic.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion