News: Ultimate Empire Showdown - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: eMaGyN is watching you...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-18, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Ultimate Empire Showdown

what the literal fuck? who in SOE thought this boneheaded idea up? What schedule 1 drug were they smoking?

Who are these vs and nc nobodies? Only one ive heard of is TB and he's the only one that remotely fits. Quite literally the only one that makes sense.

Please get rid of the guy who thought this up. Fuck, if you have to, make higby and tray the nc and vs commanders instead.

literally..

what the actual fuck was the logic that went into this? I think I'd rather vote for TB than the nobodies, and thats saying something.

And thats coming from one of NC's actual long time leaders.

edit: Fuck, im agreeing with the sentiment saying put evilpig in as the NC commander, and I don't even like Evilpig.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-18 at 01:06 AM.
Old 2012-12-18, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
SGTHACK
Private

Never heard of these guys. WTF?
Old 2012-12-18, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mechzz
Major

Oh dear.
And they want to do e-sports as well.

This isn't looking good.
Old 2012-12-18, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Canaris
Contributor
General

I don't know I think we got off lightly, at least TB has the voice of a leader.... poor VS & NC
Anyway TR will win... TR ALWAYS WIN!!!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-12-18 at 02:17 AM.
Old 2012-12-18, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Vakarian
Private

Frankly I'm ok with this, and it's not just because TB was the whole reason I even heard of Planetside in the first place. From what I've heard, the number one thing that killed PS1 was that SOE failed to advertise the game to people and get them interested in playing it. All three of these guys have massive amounts of subscribers, and the boost to the player count that they could provide will be enormous. Yeah, a good chunk of them will start as a bunch of obnoxious noobs, but then, couldn't the same be said of anyone here when they first started playing?
Old 2012-12-18, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Why so serious?

C'mon it make me laugh. If all we do is **** them and laugh... it's a good time.

I thought the Vanu guy was way into it
Old 2012-12-18, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Chewy
Major

How do we know if either the VS or NC "leaders" even play PS2? Can we get a stats page for them as proof of play? At least a video (fuck twitter) or something that shows gameplay of them playing PS2.

Im NC and although I like SeaNanner's videos, I can NOT trust him to lead a war without proof of him knowing how to do so. Being good at FPSs or being a very funny guy isn't enough to be in command of an army.

I think it's fair to assume that both the NC and VS need, nay Demand, that their reps prove themselves in battle before being given their ranks. Till then, I choose to question our "leaders" judgement in any form I see fit and to do what I must if I see that they are not fit to lead men to war.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ShadoViper View Post
Looks like I'll be team killing my leader in hopes of a real one re spawning..
Form an orderly queue at the spawn point, take turns TKing him as soon as he spawns in until we're weapon-locked.

Should be enough volunteers for that to keep him serially TK'd for, oh, a couple of weeks.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
How do we know if either the VS or NC "leaders" even play PS2? Can we get a stats page for them as proof of play? At least a video (fuck twitter) or something that shows gameplay of them playing PS2.

Im NC and although I like SeaNanner's videos, I can NOT trust him to lead a war without proof of him knowing how to do so. Being good at FPSs or being a very funny guy isn't enough to be in command of an army.

I think it's fair to assume that both the NC and VS need, nay Demand, that their reps prove themselves in battle before being given their ranks. Till then, I choose to question our "leaders" judgement in any form I see fit and to do what I must if I see that they are not fit to lead men to war.
You would have a point if PS2 required any kind of leadership or command tactics. TB has already proven on Waterson that overwhelming numbers is all that is needed. With the direction they are making base changes that is only becoming more so.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Maybe they introduce some global command channel and real intercontinental warfare with cont locks.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Golden Demon
Private

So, aside from TB... who the f are those guys and who elected them? Why would I follow them to... whatever this event happens to be?

Sucks to be NC... but atleast I'm not vanu! :P
Old 2012-12-18, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Elgareth
Private

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Form an orderly queue at the spawn point, take turns TKing him as soon as he spawns in until we're weapon-locked.

Should be enough volunteers for that to keep him serially TK'd for, oh, a couple of weeks.
I guess SOE would suddenly be very quick with Temp Bans... as much as I hate TKing... that would be awesomly funny if the "big leaders" just get TKed for hours on end
Old 2012-12-18, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Canaris
Contributor
General

okay so they can lead our factions for now but they have to wear

or no deal,

p.s. awesome pic Cryosin

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-12-18, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

NC: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaNanners
TR: http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut or http://www.youtube.com/TotalBiscuit
VS: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tobuscus or http://www.youtube.com/tobygames

SeaNanners, big name at Machinema, makes lets plays in calm fashion, maybe a review or such. Was an Xbox only player for a long time before starting a Minecraft series.

TotalBiscuit, a Brit. PS1 veteran, had one of the first gameplay videos of PS2 on Youtube, makes first impression videos, daily news, maybe a review (rarely), speaks his mind. Also makes great SC2 commentating videos.

Tobuscus, does good (or at least funny for some) music parodies from trailers, makes reviews, and stupid screaming let's plays. Screams all the time.

---

FML, we got Toby...
Old 2012-12-18, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Mavvvy
Corporal

No problem with this, any publicity is good publicity and these guys are popular in the YouTube scene, but I assume hilarity will ensue on the respective command chats. Especially the vs one, you have my sympathies purples (just this once).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion