Pc Specifications to play? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your gonna die, Die with your pants off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-08, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Pc Specifications to play?

does anyone know?

my laptop is MacBook pro using bootcamp
2.4Ghz dual-core intel core i5
4gb memory
500bg
intel HD Graphics 3000

EDIT:

after looking around on the net, there might be good news for laptop users wanting to play ps2.
you can connect a External Graphics card up to a laptop
http://www.villageinstruments.com/ti...hp?page=ViDock

also they are making a External Thunderbolt graphics card for Macs so you can use your laptop like you do normally but can hock up a higher powed graphics card via the new Thunderbolt port at home to play games ect
http://www.tested.com/news/thunderbo...ard-dock/2695/

Last edited by Magpie; 2012-01-08 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pc Specifications to play?

At the moment nobody currently knows. SOE has not released any specifications on what is needed.

Old 2012-01-08, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vash02
Major

They have a vague specifcation currently that at least 5 year old PC's will be able to play.
Old 2012-01-08, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Was_Ash_Emerald
Private

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
does anyone know?

my laptop is
2.4Ghz dual-core intel core
4gb memory
500bg
intel HD Graphics 3000
No way that graphics card will cut it.

Playing new games on laptops not specifically designed for gaming rarely gives acceptable performance.
Old 2012-01-08, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I can imagine you will be able to play this on almost anything, I can currently play PS1 on my new £350 laptop in full "everything" It will just depend on what level of detail you want, if your not to bothered on detail I can imagine anything 32 bit should be fine.

(but im no tech nut) So see the folks in the Tech forum or wait till you have confirmation

And I hope your not a Maggie?
Old 2012-01-08, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I can tell you right now that is likely not going to run the game at all. If you really want to play this game you will at least want a midrange modern PC (Core i3 2100 + GTX 550 Ti for example) anything less will likely just pull you down.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DeadlyButters
Private

Well i plan to run this game on asus laptop from 2010 with a i7 2.25ghz, HD5730, 4 gb ram.
It hasent let me down so far running most of my games (except bf3 it plays on medium) on high settings. Only problems i might have is in cpu power but theres ways to deal with tht

PS2 dosent look like its going to take alot from high end graphics cards though and hope tht they optimize the game to hell and back
Old 2012-01-08, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Running any game on (almost) any laptop is a poor plan to start with, chiefly because of heat. Moden laptops have negated this problem somewhat, but the heat dissapation will NEVER disappear - the laws of physics simply do not allow components cramped together to run as cool as a desktop would. There are ways for you to help your laptop deal with the load, but most of them would give you only an extra 1 or 2 fps, with anything more than that becoming increasingly impractical.

The only laptops that could really run games without any major compromises are something along the lines of this:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-M17x-r3/pd.aspx

But at nearing 10 lbs of weight and leaving space for ("only" lol) a 90 Wh battery, it's not exactly mobile, and you'd be stuck to migrating from outlet to outlet. I.E. After you spending $1500 on that brick, it'd spend 90% of its time parked on top of your desk... making it a DESKtop.

That said, you can build a machine that will EASILY outperform that laptop for under $1000 (including a full HD LCD). There are plenty of us who can help you with that endeavour here, just go to the tech forum.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-01-09, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by DeadlyButters View Post
Well i plan to run this game on asus laptop from 2010 with a i7 2.25ghz, HD5730, 4 gb ram.
It hasent let me down so far running most of my games (except bf3 it plays on medium) on high settings. Only problems i might have is in cpu power but theres ways to deal with tht

PS2 dosent look like its going to take alot from high end graphics cards though and hope tht they optimize the game to hell and back
PS being a DX8 game was still bringing higher end DX9 cards down when in heavy fights like red alert interlinks. My 7900 GT SLI with a AMD Athlon X2 4200+ did have issues playing during those circumstances. I am hoping PS2 is going to be more optimized this time around, but if there is going to be even more people on my screen this time those same issues will probably pop back up. If people really want to play this game to the fullest they are going to need a decently equipped desktop in my opinion. Laptops unless its a high end Sager/Alienware can only do so much.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion