Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 38 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 1337=Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-10, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #556
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant
 
GhettoPrince's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Our opinion doesn't mean much right now, we haven't played the game. This isn't like Halo or COD where a match is 6v6 or 8v8 and one guy can carry a team or capture a flag to win the game.

A base defense goes on for hours, im not exaggerating, until one side or another loses their respawn or gets cut off from the area. What you saw in the E3 videos wasn't even a battle, that was maybe three dozen people all spawning on top of each other. That's barely a small tower fight.

I'm ok with prone, but only for medics and infiltrators, everyone else is wearing too much armor and carrying too much gear. If light assault get it, then I bet the jet pack is a large weak point on their hitbox.

Last edited by GhettoPrince; 2012-06-10 at 05:32 AM.
GhettoPrince is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #557
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
And I hated BC2 for it!
That being said, a lot of my frustration had to do with the destructible cover, which meant that if you were in the line of fire by a tank, you were toast. Either because it would blow away whatever you were crouching behind, or because your head would be popping out from behind cover.

The fact that cover is not destructible in PS2 will make this less frustrating, but I'd still like to see prone in the game.
Yeah ive been into the same thing when you just can go prone and the cover is not enough tall or even the rock your getting shot and you feel compleatly enable to react properly you feel trap and thats really bad !

Thats one of my main concern about the NON base/outpost combat not having prone in those can be ok sometimes but for 80 % of the maps in indar is mostly landscape desert with a very few rocks and hills so only the terrain mostly can be use as a cover for the infantry but whiout the prone it will be a nigthmare for infantry combat only vehicules will be use if their is no prone !
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #558
Anderz
Master Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't play games in the hopes that I will get to spend some quality time virtually lying down. Simulating the thrilling experience of not being able to move for fear of being insta-killed. Not my idea of a good time. The ttks will be higher in this game and you will get more opportunity to move, and have to spend less time eating dirt.
Just because it's in the game, doesn't mean you have to use it. If not yours, it might suit someone else's play style.
Anderz is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #559
mynameismud
Corporal
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


I do not care how it is implemented. It could take an hour to go from standing to prone. It still ruins all flow of action.

If you are alive you fight, when you die with honor you earn the right to lie down.
__________________
Team No Pants for life sucka
mynameismud is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #560
mynameismud
Corporal
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
Just because it's in the game, doesn't mean you have to use it. If not yours, it might suit someone else's play style.
This is not a feature you simply dont use if you dont like it. It effects the flow of all infantry combat whether you use it or not.
__________________
Team No Pants for life sucka
mynameismud is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #561
Rexdezi
Sergeant
 
Rexdezi's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


I'd like prone to be in, didn't realise it wasn't. Maybe only for infiltrators, maybe engineers and medics too I'm not sure. I've read all the previous comments and I'm not convinced by any of the arguments against it.
__________________
Rexdezi is offline  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #562
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
This is not a feature you simply dont use if you dont like it. It effects the flow of all infantry combat whether you use it or not.
^
__________________
Malorn is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #563
Cam
Contributor
Private
 
Cam's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


i don't care if prone is in or out . lets say PS2 put prone in and there were 50 snipers on a hill i would go grab a lighting and kill them all since i know they wont have any AV weapons since there is now a class system.
Cam is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #564
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant
 
GhettoPrince's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post

Thats one of my main concern about the NON base/outpost combat not having prone in those can be ok sometimes but for 80 % of the maps in indar is mostly landscape desert with a very few rocks and hills so only the terrain mostly can be use as a cover for the infantry but whiout the prone it will be a nigthmare for infantry combat only vehicules will be use if their is no prone !
If you are infantry and fighting on the open ground than you are already dead. A whole generation died in World War I because of that. That's a tank fight. That's the whole reason the tank was invented.



That said, it would be nice to let engineers place a foxhole or a small bunker, instead of just that shield.

Last edited by GhettoPrince; 2012-06-10 at 05:23 AM.
GhettoPrince is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #565
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Look at these guys do they need a prone to camp in the montain ? NOpe lol

This is another thing thats proove campers are campers and it will always have nothing to do with prone ... Prone = camping is irrevelant and compleatly wrong prone is a good feature for agressive player to deal with terrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-CZ9UVZYo
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 05:52 AM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #566
Greenthy
Sergeant
 
Greenthy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
If you are infantry and fighting on the open ground than you are already dead. A whole generation died in World War I because of that. That's a tank fight. That's the whole reason the tank was invented.



That said, it would be nice to let engineers place a foxhole or a small bunker, instead of just that shield.
Pretty sure the tank was invented to cross the nomansland between trenches.
It was ment to ride over the different set of barbwires and get ppl across to the enemy trenches.

It was the 'gattling' gun that was the killer in an open field.
Greenthy is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #567
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
Pretty sure the tank was invented to cross the nomansland between trenches.
It was ment to ride over the different set of barbwires and get ppl across to the enemy trenches.

It was the 'gattling' gun that was the killer in an open field.
the problem is not vehicules vs no vehicules in tanks you have mostlikely more chance to survive but the thing is prone will allow players to not feel hopeless or unable to deal whith the noman land wich is almost 80 % of the planetside 2 maps especially in indar !

saying that eveyones will have to get a vehicules in order to figth in 80 % of the maps will make a tons of people quit

planetside 2 is suposed to be for everyones every playstyle forcing the vehicules play isnt a good way to go

i think both vehicules and infantry should have the tool to deal with any sort of terrain situation climat and time of the days so the game will be fun and enjoyable for everyones !
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #568
mynameismud
Corporal
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
prone is a good feature for agressive player to deal with terrain
And that is your opinion, see how that works, nothing said by anyone so far has been a fact. You say it's good for aggressive play, i say its for girly men who wont earn their way into Valhalla. Neither of us are wrong. It simply boils down to do you like it or not.

And majority here do not.

And for someone CLAIMING to being impartial and all nice and objective just wanting a discussion until beta, i'm still waiting for an apology for you saying i wasnt a real person 3 times. someone discussing something with civility would apologize for such disrespect, then again civility on the internet...fat chance.
__________________
Team No Pants for life sucka
mynameismud is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #569
basti
Brigadier General
 
basti's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Stew: Learn english, stop insulting other people, and stop whining if someone tells you to learn english. Its a PAIN to read your posts.


Topic: It has been said plenty and plenty of times: The game does not have prone, it will not recive prone, and most people dont want prone. And it really doesnt need prone. So stop beating this dead horse over and over with the same arguments that came up long ago in one of the almost 600 (!) replys to this thread.
__________________

basti is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #570
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
And that is your opinion, see how that works, nothing said by anyone so far has been a fact. You say it's good for aggressive play, i say its for girly men who wont earn their way into Valhalla. Neither of us are wrong. It simply boils down to do you like it or not.

And majority here do not.

And for someone CLAIMING to being impartial and all nice and objective just wanting a discussion until beta, i'm still waiting for an apology for you saying i wasnt a real person 3 times. someone discussing something with civility would apologize for such disrespect, then again civility on the internet...fat chance.
its not a opinion their is a difference between opinion and fact !

their is a way more use of the prone position to actually moove foward take multiple cover use the terrain with the prone feature using edje and hillside etc.. as a agressive player

than simply just hit prone and camp all nigth long lol

theyre is no use of the prone feature to (( camp )) you can also camp with crouch position with a stand up position lol

Should we remmove the non mooving aspect of the game because someones can stop mooving and camp ?

Like you stop mooving you instantly die because been able to not moove lead to camp rigth ?

its exactly the same a saying prone involve camping this is a BAD misunderstanding of this feature thats for sure !

ive show multiple video of good agressive player using agressive play while using prone to get advantage of the terrain to reload to get cover from snipers etc..

If you said thats using terrain to not get shot is girly play so why at the begining of the match we should not just kill ourself so this will be man play ? runing like blind person to get shot from anywhere is been a man ? i certainly do not understand

iam mooving foward i take objective i cap flag i plant charge i blow up objective etc.. but iam a girly player because i take advantage of a cover when i need to reload when a sniper have me in hes scope at a range i cant even hit him because iam out of range This isnt look like man play to me this look like casual play !
__________________
Stew is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.