Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 63 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pull around to the next window.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-10, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #931
Ratstomper
Major
 
Ratstomper's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


After reading some of the points made here; I still fail to see how prone would bring anything remotely worthwhile to the game. Why exactly do you want to prone? Are you wanting to just lay in a corner and mow people down as they walk in the room? It's not like the cover in the bases and outside of them are so tiny that you have to prone to hide behind them. They seem quite adequate with crouching. Furthermore, I don't remember ever having issues with sniping duels in prone. In fact it made them more fun. Noone wants to spend 5 hours pixel hunting the douchebag camping up on the ridge whose shots are clipping through the hilltop.

I just fail to see why it would bring ANYTHING to the game at all besides some cheap, half-assed, gimicky type FPS bullcrap that we play planetside to get away from.
Ratstomper is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #932
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
You're still comparing a 64/64 to a 2000/2000, with 3 different teams with aerial and mobiles vehicles, deployables, MAX's, cloakers....do you see where i'm going with this? You can keep stating that they want to base PS2 around those games but they're nothing like them so they in reality cannot be compared and the devs have said this.

You are not convincing anybody except yourself, stop beating a dead horse.
ive compare also MAG a game with 256 players with multiple videos to proove the point prone isnt and never as been a problem in MAG how many time ill have to keep saying this

figth over base will be mainly or most of the time around 100 to 300 people per based exept some few epic times so MAg as pretty much those numbers

theyre will be rarely or almost never 2000 players over a single base thats for sure

so MAG when leters a b c d e f g h are opens is exacty the same scales as it will be in ps2 and prone as never been a problem in MAG this is the only game ive know who look pretty similar to ps2 but work well in MAG well see in the Beta for ps2
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #933
Phellix
Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
this is whats ive read so yes i think the video as make sens about whats you said its seams you said the campers will get spot to hide on the map behinds rock etc.. and that part of the maps is like the rocky plance around the base at e3 where people can camp prone and as you can see you can see them in bf3 and kill them so why not in ps2 ? even in ps2 people even with the sersert camo still have brigth color so they are even easyer to spot

if i get you wrong please explain me because this was the way i just understand it sorry if i misunderstand you


Watch this if you haven't already seen it, you were talking about it being useful as a rusher, right? This is what i was trying to explain.

No where in this base shown would prone be anymore useful to a rusher than crouching, because they designed the game to where the objects and terrain are just the right height, there's plenty of cover everywhere you would try and rush.

That being said, that eliminates your argument, doesn't it? Because the only other use would be for camping a hill or way out in nomans land, right? Where only campers would really make use of it.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't see how prone would be useful on PS2 with what we've seen map wise/base wise.
Phellix is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #934
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
I hope it stays out, it turns games into giant lamefests.
http://youtu.be/YCDuUIGsf34?t=1m52s «««««« is this look like a lame fest to you ? 256 players a base with the size of planetside 2 base same kind of map layout and the prone is a feature in this game where you see it broke the game or make it lame tell me ?
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-11 at 12:02 AM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #935
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
Planetside 2 E3 Stream - Day 3 - (feat. Totalbiscuit and Margaret Krohn) - YouTube

Watch this if you haven't already seen it, you were talking about it being useful as a rusher, right? This is what i was trying to explain.

.

you should take a look at this the maps in planetside isnt all about base you also have outpost and landscape combat and their yes prone will be more than welcome as a infantry base soldiers
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #936
Cuross
Master Sergeant
 
Cuross's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
How this could be irrevelant ive show someone in prone position and ive seen him and kill him with ease

thats was the whole point but i think i must upload some more video but ive already proove manything about prone yet Ignoring it do not make the video irrevelant they discredit all false arguments thats come up !

The only problem about prone could be the implementation of it mostly the hitbox and few thing like this

nothing to do with all the ,, camping , dolphin d , flow reduce , etc.. all of this has been proove wrong in my many videos

also after ive proove them wrong they start to come up with Ok its not because prone work in MAG and Bf thats it will work in planetside 2 nad ive said we will see it in the beta but as far as i know Matt higby John Smedley tramell Issac have all said the gameplay gunplays is deeply inspire by modern shooters such as Battlefield , call of duty , MAG and so on

So at the momment if a presume the gameplay is based on those game can i say Prone might work well as well ?
Alright, this is the last thing I'm going to say on this thread because I don't think we're going to be able to salvage enough glue from this dead horse anymore.

Basically what you're doing in all your posts really is just reiterating what you've been saying since the first, and most of your arguments we can actually use against yours, "I can kill all these people who prone easy". Well, the fact of the matter is that this thread is called "Planetside 2 needs prone" and it's a poll, so it's asking us if it does or not. I have been saying that PS2 does not NEED prone, it's a fun mechanic sometimes, but the game is not broken or flawed with or without it. I respect all those people who have an opinion of why prone should be put in, but you're pushing the line of arrogance AND ignorance. When you say that you can kill people who prone really easy, it sounds like the tactical advantage of going prone doesn't offer much help at all. When you say that you can use the mechanic to move up the line and continue the assault using prone, given the size of PS2, everyone will be able to flank anyone and there's more to "sneaking" into a position than reducing your profile by laying on the ground. When you say that you want to save your life while you're being shot at so you prone, once again I say as I have said in my other posts, LOOK AT HOW MUCH COVER THERE IS. I have not, in all the videos I've watched, seen a place with cover further than a short sprint away. If you're caught in the middle of nowhere and the only way to save your life is to prone, well I'm sorry, but those snipers and tank rounds are gonna find you anyway.

With all that said and plenty more I'm withholding, does Planetside 2 REALLY need prone, or is it just a mechanic that people would want for the minor tactical advantages that it offers? I'm going to link to my earliest post with all my opinions on it so that it can be perused again. I'm currently for it's not necessary for the game, thus no reason to put it in, but if it's in, I don't think it will make that big a deal regardless.

Previous post

So now, let's just stop with all these videos and bickering about why it should or shouldn't be in, but let's start talking about why it would be necessary for it to be in or not. Something fun and exciting for a change.
Cuross is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #937
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Why do you care so much about what I think?

I hate prone and don't want it in Planetside 2, deal with it.
ive just put up evidance about the prone mechanics

and i dont know how someones can hate a standing position i simply dont get it lol
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #938
Sirisian
Colonel
 
Sirisian's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Well, the fact of the matter is that this thread is called "Planetside 2 needs prone" and it's a poll, so it's asking us if it does or not. I have been saying that PS2 does not NEED prone, it's a fun mechanic sometimes, but the game is not broken or flawed with or without it.
You didn't read the poll question. It's a personal opinion poll asking if you want it in the game, not if Planetside 2 needs it. ("Do you want Prone in PS2?") The game technically doesn't "need" very much. Some of us just "want" the game to give players as many choices as possible so the combat doesn't feel dumbed down or simplified in anyway.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-06-11 at 12:15 AM.
Sirisian is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #939
Kran De Loy
Captain
 
Kran De Loy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Aye, and it seems that roughly 2/3 of poll'ers don't care for it. If it was there I'd almost feel obligated to make use of it. I'd rather be in a Lightning or a Galaxy than going prone out in the field. And if you're prone in a base, what the hell for!?

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-06-11 at 12:18 AM.
Kran De Loy is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #940
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Cuross View Post

I'm currently for it's not necessary for the game, thus no reason to put it in, but if it's in, I don't think it will make that big a deal regardless.



So now, let's just stop with all these videos and bickering about why it should or shouldn't be in, but let's start talking about why it would be necessary for it to be in or not. Something fun and exciting for a change.
Iam just ducussing with does you seams to missunderstand the mechanics because in few games prones was anoying because they where badly implemented ..

i just try to make those people see thats it work in games and give you more freedoms more options and have nothing to do with all the misconception around it !

Ill show you one quick exemple of contradiction ive seen :

Some say adding prone make the game more easy and more (( campers friendly ))

And the same people say its more hard to shoot at prone target than crouch target

So if its more hard to shoot at prone target why they dont want to make the game more (( hard )) and in the other hand claim the game will be more easy with it

lol you got whats i try to say ?

and this is just one exemple

for me ill judje in the beta if it fit or not for now i can only base my tough almost on MAG and battlefield 3 experience since both games share many gameplay elements with planetside 2 !

lets see in the BETA
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #941
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Planetside 2 does NOT need prone, and this thread does NOT need 64 pages.

Mr DeCastellac is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #942
Phellix
Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
PlanetSide 2 Alpha Highlights Video - YouTube

you should take a look at this the maps in planetside isnt all about base you also have outpost and landscape combat and their yes prone will be more than welcome as a infantry base soldiers
.......I just don't even know what to say to you anymore, do you not understand? Are you not capable of understanding? In what way would an outpost have different design? In what way would landscape have different object(cover ie rocks, walls, racks, tubes ect) design? There are objects everywhere in the game designed the same exact way. Do you get that? Do i need to say it again? Do you not understand what i'm telling you? They are all designed for crouch cover.

Here, i'll even make it easier for you since your argument for it is for rushing purposes, in what way are you going to use prone to rush someone in a landscape when people are already crouched hiding behind rocks?

I give up, you're hopeless man. I presented a very arguable point and you still are trying to find a way to say it's wrong.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-11 at 12:30 AM.
Phellix is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #943
Sirisian
Colonel
 
Sirisian's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
If it was there I'd almost feel obligated to make use of it. I'd rather be in a Lightning or a Galaxy than going prone out in the field. And if you're prone in a base, what the hell for!?
Read what you wrote again. Because something is in the game you'd feel obligated to use it? If you need to use crouch, you use it. If you need to throw a grenade you throw it. Anything in the game that's added you will feel obligated to use if it's the right choice. Who cares if you'd rather be in a vehicle in a field. Some players might want to be out with rocket launchers in the rocks or vertically up in a tree. It sounds like you want the game balanced in such a way infantry can only be used indoors and vehicles are used all the time outdoors. If you ever played Planetside you'll know that isn't the case. I'd run around with a lancer all the time taking pop-shots at vehicles. If someone is using prone in a massive base, it's the same reason as using crouch, to get better cover in their current location or to decrease their accuracy threshold when taking shots.
Sirisian is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #944
GreatMazinkaise
Captain
 
GreatMazinkaise's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


No sense arguing with Stew... even without the language barrier he's on an entirely different cognitive plane than the rest of us.
GreatMazinkaise is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #945
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
maradine's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Someday I, too, hope to taste the rainbow.
maradine is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.