People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet you're looking at this right now!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-03-06, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
"I'm to sexy for an outfit". You my friend, have missed the point of outfits.
Clearly, I have missed the point of outfits, but whether I get it or not, I'm not joining one because there is zero reason to do so. I hang out on mumble with my friends from EVE or DayZ or the old WoW or WAR guys and shoot the shit while I play Planetside. I have the capability to read the map and read Orders chat so I know where help is needed, so I take myself there.
__________________


Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Vashyo
First Sergeant
 
Vashyo's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


I still find outfit gameplay pretty much a waste of time, simply because of the open-ended and fast paced gameplay, I dont want to cap something just to lose it in the next 15 minutes.

Also capturing empty bases is boring as hell


We need gen-hold, ant runs, whatever to make outfit play more appealing.
__________________


Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-03-06 at 12:45 PM.
Vashyo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by Assist View Post
lol you're such a fucking tool it's ridiculous.

You're an adult? Surprises the fuck out of me. Relating sexual harassment involving dolls to people not wanting to join outfits? Seriously?

You want the truth to why some of us don't want to join an outfit in PS2, just read your own posts. We don't join outfits to avoid asshats like yourself that would make playing fucking miserable because we'd have to listen to you whine and cry about everyone who has a different point of view on the subject from yourself. I'm not saying you're not fun to play with, I'm just saying we'd all be a lot better off if you just played a single player game. It'd be more your play-style, where you can order NPCs around and make yourself feel special.

You seem to think that because we're not in an outfit that we play solo all the time. Almost every person who posted that they are not in an outfit also said that they play in squads sometimes. I'm never logged in for more than 5 minutes without being in a squad. I know, amazing right? You can have friends outside of an outfit! Maybe you can't, but that's because no one outside of your outfit could possibly deal with your attitude.
This post is amazing.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Assist and I both play on Waterson. What if we started an outfit for all the Vanu soloers on Waterson. Would the fact that we have an outfit tag next to our name make you super space soldiers happier?
__________________


Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


You would have to ask the "super space soldiers" as I'm sure many of people don't really care what you do. Some just don't get it, at least not for the reasons stated. For most i would imagine, Joining up with an outfit you can fit with completely changes the game for the better.

You see a lot of evidence of this when new players finally find an outfit that fits them.

To each his own.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-03-06 at 12:57 PM.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
You would have to ask the "super space soldiers" as I'm sure many of people don't really care what you do. Some just don't get it, at least not for the reasons stated.

To each his own.
This thread has made it very clear that you do care what we do.

"To each his own" is being used like "no offense" in this thread.
__________________



Last edited by Mastodon; 2013-03-06 at 12:58 PM.
Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
This thread has made it very clear that you do care what we do.

"To each his own" is being used like "no offense."
I Did not make the thread, only participated and expressed that I disagree, and see more benefits to joining one. I even answered the question directly. No, its not a growing problem.

To each his own, is because its a subjective choice. You on the other hand have presented joining a outfit is some sort of mental deficiency. That's ridiculous.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-03-06 at 01:01 PM.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
pharmboy
Private
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


I myself have joined an outfit, but do play solo at times. It all depends on my mood. If there are some good battles going on where my outfit isn't, it doesn't do any harm in foregoing the outfit platoon to bring up my kd ratio a bit .
pharmboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Tatwi
Contributor
Major
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
This post is amazing.
It really was. Can you stop posting in this thread now, please? Thank you.
__________________
Tatwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
It really was. Can you stop posting in this thread now, please? Thank you.
Sure. Even if it as False in every way possible.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I Did not make the thread, only participated and expressed that I disagree, and see more benefits to joining one.

To each his own, is because its a subjective choice. You on the other hand have presenting joining a outfit is some sort of mental deficiency. That's ridiculous.
I have been in many, many online groups whether it was clans in SOCOM, guilds in WoW or WAR, corporations/alliances/coalitions in EVE. I understand the value of teamwork. However, in a game such as Planetside, which amounts to nothing more than Battlefield's conquest in a persistent world, I see no need to be in an outfit.

If you play Planetside intelligently, watch orders chat, check the map, understand basic tendencies of the opposing factions you can play perfectly fine without being in an outfit.

If people want to be in an outfit, more power to them. Those of us that don't shouldn't be viewed as a "growing problem" because we choose to operate independently of the all-powerful, super-elite outfits.

I argue this because thus far in my planetside career, I've only seen two outfits that actually make a difference. The Enclave and Azure Twilight. When either one of those outfits shows up, you know you're in for a world of shit. Other than those, I can't honestly say that I've ever noticed an outfit accomplishing anything that a bunch of randoms can't.
__________________



Last edited by Mastodon; 2013-03-06 at 01:14 PM.
Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Last post as I have been asked not to post anymore.

Mastodon, I agree with much that you say in the last post. I Feel the same way as to the meta layer of Planetside. I'm sure you can read a map. We truly do not differ that much in thees regards. I also have agreed many times in this very thread, its premise is ridiculous. Solo players are a non issue. With a possible caveat that in any online game, Outfits, guilds ETC, have been shown to increase retention though the bonds they create.

And in that regard, I think people are missing out on something that can enhance their game time.

I also have stressed, there are so many outfits and groups, that using a few of the more notorious to label all of them is wrong. Sure, finding a group in ANY game is always a trial and error proposition. But I don't think it should stop people from trying to find a group to mesh with, it does nothing but help IMO.

And all that is a FAR cry from "I'm to bad ass to be in an outfit".
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Last post as I have been asked not to post anymore.

Mastodon, I agree with much that you say in the last post. I Feel the same way as to the meta layer of Planetside. I'm sure you can read a map. We truly do not differ that much in thees regards. I also have agreed many times in this very thread, its premise is ridiculous. Solo players are a non issue. With a possible caveat that in any online game, Outfits, guilds ETC, have been shown to increase retention though the bonds they create.

And in that regard, I think people are missing out on something that can enhance their game time.

I also have stressed, there are so many outfits and groups, that using a few of the more notorious to label all of them is wrong. Sure, finding a group in ANY game is always a trial and error proposition. But I don't think it should stop people from trying to find a group to mesh with, it does nothing but help IMO.

And all that is a FAR cry from "I'm to bad ass to be in an outfit".
I could see the retention part, but I know for me, Planetside is the best shooter option out there right now, so I'm not going anywhere. The only real chance of me leaving PS2 is EA unfucking the mess they made of BF3 and launching a new Bad Company game. or rereleasing BF2 updated to run on the Frostbite engine.
__________________


Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
5. Who ever has lead has lead, you will follow him to the maw of death, you will get your turn if you want it.
I Do have to clarify the above. We routinely have different squad leaders. That rule is not there to protect "The" squad leaders of the the outfit, its to give respect to ALL Squad leaders.

If Mastodon is squad lead tonight, we will follow him. Because every squad lead deserves that. And when its your turn, you get that same level of respect.

Its 100% there to curtail people who love to say an order is stupid, they wont follow it, because they are smarter, but they won't lead because they are too awesome. Those people are not fun, and not fun to play with.

fin
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Mastodon
Private
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post

If Mastodon is squad lead tonight, we will follow him. Because every squad lead deserves that.
Mastodon would never be squad lead. I've had my run at running guilds, squads, raids, etc., and that's how a game turns into a job. When a game turns into a job, I stop playing. That and I have a ridiculously bad tunnel vision problem.
__________________


Mastodon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Tags
lone wolf, outfit, recruitment

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.