Anyone think the station poll results are disturbing? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [ Quote Removed by Admin. ]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-12, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Anyone think the station poll results are disturbing?

It says 47% are going to be "in the thick of the action, and 39% are going to be using infiltrator suits and 13% are going to be medics/engineers/troop supporters.

In my opinion, if almost half of everyone playing planetside (20354 people according to the poll) are going to be using infiltration suits, i think the darklight vision implant is going to be a neccessity... This is just me but the game wouldn't be too fun if everyone was invisible and shooting eachother with pistols or taking advantage of the tards not using darklight implant.

Anyone else think that 40% of people using infiltrator suits is alarming?
Old 2003-04-12, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

Well, these things have a way of evening themselves out. When there are literally too many stealthers, everyone will have darklight vision. People will not wanna be stealther when they keep getting blasted by people with it. So, eventually the amount of stealthers will tone down, then people will use darklight less.
Old 2003-04-12, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tieom
Master Sergeant

I think the large majority of those people, like the "I will be t3h l33t snip3r!" people, will quit once they realize how friggen hard it is to use and how using it is nothing like they thought it would be.
I, for one, am not gonna be doing anything extraordinary in my first char. Gruntwork all the way, baby!
Old 2003-04-12, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Any poll done from a web site is extremely misleading, primarily because there's no way to really guage how many people who've voted have actually played the game. Someone may go into the game wanting to be an infiltrator, find it's not what they expected, and switch to something radically different. As far as the Beta goes, infiltrators are uncommon. The number of people using infiltration suits isn't anywhere close to 40%. I'd be surprised if over 10% of people used infiltration suits frequently.
Old 2003-04-12, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Camping Carl
Major

No. Because most of them don't know how hard it'll be to be an infiltrator. It just sounds cool.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-04-12, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I hope there are a few enemy infiltrators...Cause I wanna flip on my Darklight vision as an Infiltrator, then stab them! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Old 2003-04-12, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info
Re: Anyone think the station poll results are disturbing?

Originally posted by Venoxile
It says 47% are going to be "in the thick of the action, and 39% are going to be using infiltrator suits and 13% are going to be medics/engineers/troop supporters.

In my opinion, if almost half of everyone playing planetside (20354 people according to the poll) are going to be using infiltration suits, i think the darklight vision implant is going to be a neccessity... This is just me but the game wouldn't be too fun if everyone was invisible and shooting eachother with pistols or taking advantage of the tards not using darklight implant.

Anyone else think that 40% of people using infiltrator suits is alarming?

Yes. But it seems nowadays everyone wants to be sneaking around, stabbing people in the backs. Not only in games, in real lie too.....

Old 2003-04-12, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cyanide
Major

Of course lots of people want to be stealthy and sneaky. Do you know how many of them will actually end up being any good at it? Probably like 15% The rest will either realize they suck at it and find a new roll, or continue to suck at it and be easy pickings for the rest of us.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Okay, lets first assume that this poll taken from a few people is a decent reflection on the gaming community (it's not, but let's assume). Most of those forty-someodd percent are going to find they're just not cut out for it (not that they aren't good enough, just it's not their style, no matter how much they want it to be). Most people are going to be grunts. This will vary between the empires since different concepts attract different kinds of gamers. Vanu will probably have a higher stealther percentage than the others and will have to play agressively, even when on defense. Terrans will have more grunts and probably snipers, and will be a nightmare inside structures, so on defense will be more willing to let the enemy inside the perimeter. Conglomerate will have more drivers and will likely play more defensively on the perimeter.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Corewin
Private

Seems to me that there will be more engineers medics and so on... I for one dont like thoughs polls because you know just about everyone votes everytime they see it again...
Old 2003-04-12, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

There will be plenty of "medics", there's no classes, remember, and med applicators use a pistol slot, which is next to useless for a sniper or pilot/driver. They just have to get certed, and being a medic is no loss to them.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bighoss
General

I don't need medics really, I just get the implant that heals you using stamina and then I use my nano thing to make armor better
Old 2003-04-13, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jammin
Private

Infils really aren't that common and, assuming the poll is remotely true, alot of people will find out they are deffinitely NOT what they expected when they try them. They have no armor so if yer spotted as a stealther you are screwed. Really they are more for scouting and such, and not that many people have/will have darkvision either it seems, it isn't that useful of an implant to get IMO, compared to some others. And another thing, infils don't do much damage either since all they use are pistols, so it isn't like yer running around super-stealth and destroying people at close range, though the are still really fun to play (atleast I think they are).
Old 2003-04-13, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Matuse
First Sergeant

primarily because there's no way to really guage how many people who've voted have actually played the game.
More significantly, in an open poll like directly off a website that does not require registration, there is nothing to stop any old gomer from voting 50 times.

The poll is meaningless.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion