Dudes need to seriously learn... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: T-Ray is the Samuel L. Jackson of PS
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-12, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lethe
Private

Dudes need to seriously learn...

...now to combine your threads. Ive never seen a board move more rapidly and thats because theres about 50 thread with the same exact purpose. Instead of one thread for mass replying there are about 50 "NDA lifted!!!" threads or 30 "Heres a question" threads, theres another common one but I forgot it. You should have 1 NDA lifted thread where you can all post whatever you wanna post so the damn board doesnt scroll a page a day. I posted something, checked page the next day and it was on page 3....jeez. Need to concentrate your thoughts and check if someone already posted something of your topic
Old 2003-04-12, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

no. your dumb
Old 2003-04-12, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cyanide
Major

Maybe it moves fast because there are a lot of people on the board. Ever think of that?
Old 2003-04-12, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Pretty unorginized, yeah. But it works. Besides, if we combined em you would have to deal with 50 different "Why are adims messing up my threads?!?!" threads. My $0.02: If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Yes, there are alot of threads with the same topic, but is posting a thread pointing this out in the Game Discussion forum productive? Some people haven't taken the time to read the other posts before they post duplicate topics, so not only will they not read your post, but you've posted it in the wrong forum and added to the clutter.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lethe
Private

Second, as these those replies show, you guys need to start acting like a community and stop flaming everyone that suggests something. "No. Your dumb" is not a reply, its a moronic comment. The game will go nowhere if the community sucks ass. JG has a great community, we're all friends and dont go around flaming eachother for no reason. No ones gonna play this game if the community is a bunch of assholes.

Cyanide: Yes there are alot of people on, but those poeple shouldnt EACH be posting a thread on the same topic, they should be replying to one topic, therefore you would have the ease of not having to check through 50000 threads to find the one you wanna reply to, you could just check that one thread.

Militant: See above.

I beta tested JG and have been around it for 3 years, its lasted that long because the community is outstanding. If you guys hop on eachother sback everytime someone suggests something, no matter how great the game is, it will go nowhere. Would you rather play a great game with a bunch of assholes or play a decent game with a group of close friends?
Old 2003-04-13, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Euroclydon
Sergeant

Heh. Somebody's having anxiety attacks because their beta CD hasn't arrived yet...

heh, just messing Apoc. But really, this community is much bigger than JumpGate's, and something pretty big is happening right now (open beta) and with the NDA being lifted, there's a lot to talk about.

Also, I can't see this game thriving or disolving because of a strong or weak community. It's too big to get personal except on the outfit level. It'll never have the "closeness" of a small game like JG. Can't have it all in one game you know.

(aka Daedalus - Jumpgate/Neocron)
Old 2003-04-13, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Lethe
I beta tested JG and have been around it for 3 years, its lasted that long because the community is outstanding. If you guys hop on eachother sback everytime someone suggests something, no matter how great the game is, it will go nowhere. Would you rather play a great game with a bunch of assholes or play a decent game with a group of close friends?
*Clears His Throat*
I wasn't aware I was jumping on anyones back, I was merely offering up my opinion. I have been around these forums for a little while and I have to say, these people are far from "assholes".

On a more on topic note. The reason it is the way it is is because we are all human. In a crowded group of people (as this board is) when you are trying to say something to be heard you don't always obey what is the most socialy pleasant thing to do. In my opinion, these forums do move very fast do to the amount of reposts, but hey, I can deal with it (wich is good because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it). I don't post threads that have been covered before if I can help it but I do sometimes, it is to hard not to. But, like I said to begin with, just my $0.02
Old 2003-04-13, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lethe
Private

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
*Clears His Throat*
I wasn't aware I was jumping on anyones back, I was merely offering up my opinion. I have been around these forums for a little while and I have to say, these people are far from "assholes".

On a more on topic note. The reason it is the way it is is because we are all human. In a crowded group of people (as this board is) when you are trying to say something to be heard you don't always obey what is the most socialy pleasant thing to do. In my opinion, these forums do move very fast do to the amount of reposts, but hey, I can deal with it (wich is good because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it). I don't post threads that have been covered before if I can help it but I do sometimes, it is to hard not to. But, like I said to begin with, just my $0.02
You actually offered insight, I was referring to the 2 monkeys before you that just retorted with something moronic instead of saying something constructive.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Oh, ok. Yeah that wasn't just amazing netiquette.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cyanide
Major

I don't see any more duplicate topics on this forum than there are on any other forums that are this busy. People don't want to search back 2 pages to see if it's already been discussed.

Besides, if nobody started new topics all the threads would be insanely long with outdated stuff at the begining and it would be a pain to wade through the whole thread. I personally don't like reading 5+ page threads.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lethe
Private

Originally posted by Euroclydon
Heh. Somebody's having anxiety attacks because their beta CD hasn't arrived yet...

heh, just messing Apoc. But really, this community is much bigger than JumpGate's, and something pretty big is happening right now (open beta) and with the NDA being lifted, there's a lot to talk about.

Also, I can't see this game thriving or disolving because of a strong or weak community. It's too big to get personal except on the outfit level. It'll never have the "closeness" of a small game like JG. Can't have it all in one game you know.
No, after seeing this shit Im not doubting very much that I will break the damn CD when it comes.

Just because the community is big doesnt mean you cant have a shread of common sense amongst them, it doesnt have to be an angry mob situation.

I can see that man. With the way these people are acting its already turned me away and during retail if the boards stay like this, the people that actually check out games before they buy them will check out this site, look at the forums and think exactly what Im thinking right now. It does happen, and often. Plus word of mouth travels fast, theres alot of people I told about this beta and how great it was gonna be, on Monday at school theyre gonna hear nothing but bad things from me, which means, since Im there only source, PS just lost about 15 more people, now if there are 15 people like me, and they do they same thing PS just lost 225 people......do that a couple of times and you have a big potential customer base down the drain.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lethe
Private

Originally posted by Cyanide
I don't see any more duplicate topics on this forum than there are on any other forums that are this busy. People don't want to search back 2 pages to see if it's already been discussed.

Besides, if nobody started new topics all the threads would be insanely long with outdated stuff at the begining and it would be a pain to wade through the whole thread. I personally don't like reading 5+ page threads.
If there was one thread you wouldnt be searching back 2 pages to see if its been discussed. Also, with your later statements, if you kept on top of that one thread like you keep on top of the boards you wouldnt be scrolling the 5 pages everytime, theres a handy little button on the left side of the thread that takes you directly to the newest post, there ya go. All Im saying it is would eliminate the insane amount of board clutter here, and would provide a common ground for everyone to get there Qs and As.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Now wait just a minute! Just because you have a problem with a fan site why would you tell your freinds bad things about the game? The game is still gonna be fun as hell even if this forum only gets more disorginized and polluted with "NDA lifted" threads. Please, say what you will about the forums but don't deprive me of Vanu and Conglomerate scum to kill!! Personally I love this forum, one of the most helpfull game forums I have found in a while. But, hey, to each his own.
Old 2003-04-13, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cyanide
Major

Dude the community is not that bad. I think you need to lighten up a little bit. So people get into heated arguments once in a while. That stuff happens. It's human nature to inform others of your opinions and what you think of their opinions. For the most part i haven't seen too many people get flamed hard. There are some people who don't seem to realize that others don't have the beta. But for the most part the community seems decent. It's impossible to have a large, age diverse, community without sparking a few flame wars. Besides, you can always squelch (ignore) the assholes when in game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion