Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-08-11, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'm all whiny, whiny and MEMADBRO!

Can't really stand PS2 Beta Forums now.
People that were not even here when the PSU hit the "Most Popular PlanetSide 2 Site" milestone, that haven't played PlanetSide for good 6 yeras, suddenly pop out of nowhere and start claiming how PS2 is inferior... How it is like CoD, BF3 and Halo, and how the game is designed for "casual cod-kiddies" while THEIR TRUE RACE OF GAMERS (that has been playing Single CTF and King Of The Hill game modes for near a decade), basically wants to turn PlanetSide 2 into a copy of PlanetSide 1.
Right now official PS2 Forums turned into a d*ckfest of people who have their eyes closed to any innovation, slowly turning the game into "a box of conservations", as I called it. I think my profecy on how I'd rather keep posting here after the start of the Beta fulfilled itself.

Now, please comfort me...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kitsune
Sergeant

Re: I'm all whiny, whiny and MEMADBRO!

Ya, was afraid the betas would be like this...

What are some examples?
-Super fast killing?
-Sticky Targeting?
-Camping? (Guilty)

Also, make sure this is not violating your NDA. Not sure if ya'll gotta keep quiet about both the game AND beta forums.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Ya, was afraid the betas would be like this...

What are some examples?
-Super fast killing?
-Sticky Targeting?
-Camping? (Guilty)

Also, make sure this is not violating your NDA. Not sure if ya'll gotta keep quiet about both the game AND beta forums.
What's happening there is what was happening here, but was successfully contained by the allmighty Hamma.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

I want to bash their face in for all they've complained for.
Old 2012-08-11, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kitsune
Sergeant

Still not getting a clear answer cuz I never see what Hammer takes down. Buuut I can tell it's making you lose faith in the success/community of Ps2.

Kinda what happens when beta keys are thrown around like candy. Gotta be careful with who you give keys too, otherwise you will get crazy bad beta testers hell bent on making the game go the wrong direction because they THINK they know better.

Especially when the target audience is between 12-45 and most are FPS maniacs with as much maturity as a spoiled 2 year old.

Beta testing is something you kinda grow into. First game, I never reported anything and now every bug I see I report, and if possible, I put in a, "my experience" topic on the forum. Still working on making that as thoughtful and professional as Totalbiscuit or Extra Credits but Meh, I'm learning. But I do hope there are legit beta testers, both who played Ps1 and not, that provide thoughtful and meaningful advice and reports.

The trick is for the devs to find those people in the sea of blind beta giveaways and take their work seriously, not the angry mob.
Old 2012-08-11, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
What's happening there is what was happening here, but was successfully contained by the allmighty Hamma.

I can't wait for the NDA to lift.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-11, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

I can't wait for the NDA to lift.
BRING DOAWN TAEH HAMMEararaf
Old 2012-08-12, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kyonye
Contributor
General

The only beta I have ever been apart of was Closed and open beta for PS1. After that I was kind of like, who cares about any other beta? Of course that was until PS2 was announced. Man did I want to be apart of that beta. Too bad my computer is messed up.

The fact is, there is a delicate balance between giving beta keys to people who "THINK they know better," and people who will be 100% complacent with everything in the game. There is a reason that beta keys are handed out to the extremes of the spectrum. It all depends on what exactly is being talked about, within the game.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge