Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-06-07, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Airsoft

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Another reason why I avoid airsoft like the plague... PX Rangers. The whole "mil-sim" thing draws out the worst kind of pukes. It does to a lesser extent with paintball, but far less because a lot of paintballers try to distance themselves from the military aspect with their jerseys and markers.
Not uncommon, see it every day online, never seen it at the fields I play at. Seems to me that the people who actually did their time don't talk about it so it's fairly easy to spot a fraud.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

I've had my starter Echo 1 G36C 1:1 since the beginning.
Loved it, kept it.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-08, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

G&P M4 CQBR. It came with a fore grip but I added different one because of the feel. Green Laser attachment for hip fire and quick targeting. Red dot sight also came with the gun and has 7 brightness settings.

UTG M4 90 spring shotgun. Nothing done to it.

KWA USP and Cold Steel Black Bear Classic. Nothing done to either
Old 2012-06-08, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Not uncommon, see it every day online, never seen it at the fields I play at. Seems to me that the people who actually did their time don't talk about it so it's fairly easy to spot a fraud.
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1260.htm

ROWLAND, ROBERT ASHLEY... apparently still doing it in Florida. =/
Old 2012-06-09, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Surprised and pleased to find some people in this community who play airsoft. Pretty neat. I play airsoft about every other weekend with 40-50 other guys from the local club, always great fun! I love the sport. Funny thing is I used to have the exact same gun as you Zulthus, the UTG MK96. I upgraded it internally with a tightbore, bucking, and spring and finally found out that sniping wasn't my thing and switched to a KWA SR10. Also have a whole loadout which Iv’e probably spent way to much money on, but hey, like I said, I love the sport.

Pic of my gun.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by lMABl View Post
Surprised and pleased to find some people in this community who play airsoft. Pretty neat. I play airsoft about every other weekend with 40-50 other guys from the local club, always great fun! I love the sport. Funny thing is I used to have the exact same gun as you Zulthus, the UTG MK96. I upgraded it internally with a tightbore, bucking, and spring and finally found out that sniping wasn't my thing and switched to a KWA SR10. Also have a whole loadout which Iv’e probably spent way to much money on, but hey, like I said, I love the sport.

Pic of my gun.
That thing looks sweet. Yeah, sniping is more for me, I hate wasting BBs with AEGs... for backyard plinking I use my G36C, it's some $50 Double Eagle LPAEG. Got it since I really can't use my 450 FPS sniper in CQC.

I wish there were some teams around my area. I don't play often, especially since the nearest team that plays outdoors is about a three hour drive up north in Kent. Bleh.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
MBRicochet
Private

Another reason why I avoid airsoft like the plague... PX Rangers. The whole "mil-sim" thing draws out the worst kind of pukes. It does to a lesser extent with paintball, but far less because a lot of paintballers try to distance themselves from the military aspect with their jerseys and markers.

With airsoft, though... it seems to be a big trend. My sister and her boyfriend played in a big scenario-type league out in California. My sister is a Marine, and her man-toy was a Cali state trooper. I flew out to visit her and they took me to a game. Turns out the captain of their team was some bad-ass Army Ranger. So he says. After about ten seconds of listening to him talk, I pegged him as a fraud but I kept my mouth shut because I wasn't there to do anything but hang out with my sister. But this dude really started getting under my skin and I kinda whispered to my sis that the guy was full of shit. She went after him, he mouthed off, and that's about the time that I started challenging him. What was his class number, his roster number, who were his RIs, that sort of thing. Guy kinda muttered some BS about it being top secret. Big red flag.

I called him on that, too. Told him I had a TS/SCI clearance, did my time in Battalion, and that I knew his top secret answer was garbage. I stood toe to toe with him and asked him to recite the Ranger creed. He couldn't do that, either. I ripped off his Ranger tab and his Ranger scroll, which he'd decided to put on both sleeves claiming that he was "in the Mog" and had done "wet works" in Afghanistan. Nobody uses that word except REMFs and maybe Marines, think it may be part of their jargon. The whole time I shouted the Ranger creed to him. Guy rage-quit the field.
GOOD SHOW.

I love airsoft, but I hate military impostors. I have an ISAF patch, and a few other military patches. If I wear them it is out of respect for our military doing their jobs on deployment.

I find the airsoft mentality better then the "hot rod" paintballers in the area that I play.

I play airsoft. A game were grown men and kids shoot at a each other with plastic BBs and have fun.

I am not of the few who have the mentality to join the military and spend 14 months away from my friends and home to get shot up in some far off land.

I am an airsoft player, a military wanabe, and I will never let some stupid store bought insignia or uniform go to my head.

Some people just don't know where to draw the line. Same with kids who play COD and think they are high speed killing machines. Only those who have never served would be so ignorant.

You can always tell a fake. Only a fake would brag about such things.

As far as airsoft goes, I have two KWA AEGs. An SR12, and a custom M4 I built out of an SR5 that a friend pretty much gave to me.

I also have a KWA USP45, and a King Arms M79 sawed off.

Tons a fun Great hobby, and great people. Airsoft for life!

Last edited by MBRicochet; 2012-06-10 at 04:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
That thing looks sweet. Yeah, sniping is more for me, I hate wasting BBs with AEGs... for backyard plinking I use my G36C, it's some $50 Double Eagle LPAEG. Got it since I really can't use my 450 FPS sniper in CQC.

I wish there were some teams around my area. I don't play often, especially since the nearest team that plays outdoors is about a three hour drive up north in Kent. Bleh.
Thanks! Yeah quality BB's are a little expensive, I usually stay completely on semi auto, but its always well worth the cost for a few weekends of fun! 3 hrs? Dang, takes about 40min to get to where I play. Were lucky enough for the national forest to allow us to organize games. Btw, nice paint job on the MK96, looks awesome, always wanted to do something on mine when I had it but I never had the guts lol.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MBRicochet View Post
GOOD SHOW.
I am an airsoft player, a military wanabe, and I will never let some stupid store bought insignia or uniform go to my head.

Some people just don't know where to draw the line. Same with kids who play COD and think they are high speed killing machines. Only those who have never served would be so ignorant.
It's one thing to be mil-sim or tacti-cool, even wearing certain patches. That's fine, sort of (I still lulz). It's entirely different to claim military accolades that one did not earn.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by RodenyC View Post
pics
I really like the M4. They're probably the most common airsoft rifle I've seen, but I love the look of it. G36C is personally my favorite, just something about the top rail/stock designs.

Never used a shotgun myself, though. Looks neat.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
MBRicochet
Private

It's one thing to be mil-sim or tacti-cool, even wearing certain patches. That's fine, sort of (I still lulz). It's entirely different to claim military accolades that one did not earn.
Or rocking unit patches... Regional patches is where I draw that line

Other then that, it's all moral patches.

I got a little "infidel" tab I wear, and I got a few others. Every once and a while I'll get a laugh from some one with em.

Rank patches are stupid too. Though my "team" does have a loose rank system and we use rank patches to signify roles.

Commander= Full Bird

Squad leaders= Butter bar

Second fire team leader = NCO ranks

Every one else rocks the "Fuzzy"

Helps the other people sorta figure out who to listen to as well. Since most of the other players won't know you by name. It's easier to just go by rank patches.

Then again. It's airsoft. Have fun and play. It's a game. You can wear where ever patches you want. The thing that bothers me is the attitudes. Even in all my "toy battle rattle" I won't try to rule over some one and tell them how "1337 killing machine I am" or try to act like I'm a "HARDCORE" type.

Ranger tabs or SF tabs are my only peeves. I do not understand some one who would put those on them selves and feel good about it.

Unit patches can be alright.

We had a group out here that rocked the 10th Mountain for a while, but they were a bunch of kids, and they liked the daggers.

I facepalmed when I talked to one of their team officers about it and he said it's a Special Forces patch. We started nicknaming their team "special ed" and after a few weeks of jokes they stopped wearing that patch for their team.

Last edited by MBRicochet; 2012-06-11 at 08:18 PM.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Zulthus
Colonel

There's an airsoft event going down in CA, PS2 themed. Would be really fun if I could make it, but too busy to drive down and back for one event.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Archonzero
Sergeant

Just sharing my AS m4 operator.

Old 2012-08-04, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Zulthus
Colonel

That looks awesome. I just can't bring myself to buy an expensive AEG because I'd have to consistently buy ammo for it. I like the whole 'one shot one kill' satisfaction of a sniper rifle.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I used to play with my Marui (or was it G&G) G36C; 100+m/s (or 90 depending on which spring I was using and the rules), about 25 shots per second. I had a lot of problems with feeding, had to replace the clip. Then again that was a common problem with that line if you tuned them with high speed.
The hanguard of course had to go so I could fit a larger battery.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-08-05 at 12:00 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge