PSU: Seriously, lay off the "Z" word.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-06-19, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Spiritbeast
Private

Re: Planetside 2... and my girlfriend

i see the point of this whole thread, u want a beta key for her...not fooling anyone ; P

as far as switching factions, i could NEVER switch to horde after playing alliance for a few years, but i was originally gonna start as a horde player, only reason i didnt is cause RL friends were on alliance, so i went where they were...smart friends FTW

a possible option is to make a 2nd free account for an NC toon, u earn cert points offline so it will lvl also, even if u have less time playing it, but idk, once u get an outfit might not want to switch toons, but who knows, at least if she doesnt wanna play u wont be far behind on your nc guy, good luck have fun
Old 2012-06-19, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
Duck lips = she isn't doing the kissy face. Gawd i'm so ashamed I know this.
Indeed it is. I had a hard time choosing an example its so prevalent.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Spiritbeast View Post
i see the point of this whole thread, u want a beta key for her...not fooling anyone ; P

as far as switching factions, i could NEVER switch to horde after playing alliance for a few years, but i was originally gonna start as a horde player, only reason i didnt is cause RL friends were on alliance, so i went where they were...smart friends FTW

a possible option is to make a 2nd free account for an NC toon, u earn cert points offline so it will lvl also, even if u have less time playing it, but idk, once u get an outfit might not want to switch toons, but who knows, at least if she doesnt wanna play u wont be far behind on your nc guy, good luck have fun

Considering how many accounts I have with beta keys = no issue (now watch me eat shit and not get but one)

The funny part? If she tries it on day one or in beta (god I hope) she will probably end up playing more then me and be higher BRxxxxx then me.

I am already with Blue Lions, hopefully the can understand the betrayal LOL
Old 2012-06-19, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

If I was NC and my Wife wanted to play VS, I'd keep it that way. It would give me something to lovingly give her a hard time about (its our thing).

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-19, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
The Kush
Captain

I will agree she looks like a dirty vanu.

However,

You are a man and you need to lay down the law.

I would say something like this;
B**** it's me or the Vanu, NC loyalty runs through my blood and you better get down on your knees and do as I say.

Now that's a little harsh for most people. So ease her into it instead;
Honey no one likes the Vanu, all the sluts choose that faction. You are a great girl. Classy, sophisticated, intelligent, and beautiful like the NC girls. The choice is yours, but I don't think you fit in well with those snobby, iggnorant, dirty girls on the Vanu. Choice is yours baby, choice is yours.

Never betray your faction! (Unless of course you are the VS or TR)

EDIT: Bro your signature says NC for life now you look like a fool

Last edited by The Kush; 2012-06-19 at 11:22 PM.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Grimshad
Private

You may love her, but she doesn't love you :P

You already have loyalty and she has none, yet she is requiring, or at least you are switching sides for her? She would lose nothing by joining the NC, while you would lose everything by defecting.

I would switch for no-one and my wife would understand.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
You sir are a brave man posting a picture of your gf on this site. I bow to you.

You sir are a badass!

I am 50/50 of this. She mocks me a lot, and I mock her alot... but for us to PLAY on separate faction, I don't know how it would work out lol. We enjoy playing TOGETHER and mocking each other for the fuck ups we make like "Bitch you just got me killed!" or "You are soooooooooo fail at this", now I could see us rolling around in like a Vanny and I end up not landing 5 out of 6 of my shots lol.

Otleaz: Let me guess... you are TR? Fail.
AB:SHHH you are gonna ruin the thread.
I could make so many jokes about a woman driving a vanny...

But seriously, there won't be just one server, so teach her the ways of PS on vanu toons on one server, and then show her the fun NC side of the game on another.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-06-19, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

So let’s have a little bit of fun shall we?

Well... She wants to try Vanu if she even TRIES PS2. I am through and through NC. So I tell her... For you, I will, somehow, manage to teach you the Planetside ways in the Vanu colors (Purple and green are her favorite colors HA). She goes "YESSS" and I explain to her JUST how very very deep the blood goes with this. I tell her "It’s like... playing the Horde for six years and only the horde... and one day someone you love convinces you to switch to the Alliance. It’s about a thousand times the controversy in your mind as a Planetside player. You’re likely to log in, see purple around you, and say "SHREW THIS NOISE VANU = THE SUX I'm OUT!" lol... Yes?
I play PS2 with my little 12 year old girl, she loves the game, its the only one she will even consider playing... But planetside... she friggen digs it. Even then there are things she does not like, for instance flying etc. The trick is to make it sorta social, and easy. She likes to be a gunner, so she gets kills, but doesnt need to bother with a damn map, or stuff like that.

I suggest you play VS with your obviously more intelligent, and wise girlfriend. Then play NC, when she isnt playing with you. This way you can get the NC fix, and when she shows up, she can continue to correct your misguided path... Before you know it, she will have saved you from a miserable career as a ruffian misfit. Finally, when you are fully purple, you will no longer be blue, missing her...

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-06-19, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Honestly, this seems pretty simple...

Play VS with her, Play NC when she isn't online.

You joke about her playing more than you, but it's not really true... is it.

Shit man, thank your lucky stars that your gf doesn't just groan every time you mention Planetside!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-06-19, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
I play PS2 with my little 12 year old girl, she loves the game, its the only one she will even consider playing... But planetside... she friggen digs it. Even then there are things she does not like, for instance flying etc. The trick is to make it sorta social, and easy. She likes to be a gunner, so she gets kills, but doesnt need to bother with a damn map, or stuff like that.

I suggest you play VS with your obviously more intelligent, and wise girlfriend. Then play NC, when she isnt playing with you. This way you can get the NC fix, and when she shows up, she can continue to correct your misguided path... Before you know it, she will have saved you from a miserable career as a ruffian misfit. Finally, when you are fully purple, you will no longer be blue, missing her...
I WILL ALWAYS BE A RUFFIAN MISFIT AND PROUD! See? Your missing it

(We both wont have a large amount of time to play, and depending on how much she likes it... most of my time will either be splent playing my smurf or on my barney... there will be no inbetween time lol)
Old 2012-06-19, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

My fiancee and I play Aion together... I also sub and play EVE Online though not as much as I used to.

I've told her how much I loved playing PlanetSide. She's never even played an FPS (she's an MMORPGer) but she's said she'll try PlanetSide.

I just have to figure out a way to ease her into it. She's gonna freak out when someone starts shooting at her... lets just say PVP has never been her favorite aspect of an MMO.

We'll see how it works out though. I just know she's going to want to play Vanu though...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-06-19, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread delivers.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-19, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
My fiancee and I play Aion together... I also sub and play EVE Online though not as much as I used to.

I've told her how much I loved playing PlanetSide. She's never even played an FPS (she's an MMORPGer) but she's said she'll try PlanetSide.

I just have to figure out a way to ease her into it. She's gonna freak out when someone starts shooting at her... lets just say PVP has never been her favorite aspect of an MMO.

We'll see how it works out though. I just know she's going to want to play Vanu though...
The difference here is my girl some how keeps a calm head in pvp, im talking she got Warlord in VANILLA wow back in 2004. One of the first on our server lol. So she has that attitude of "I WILL EAT YOU FOR LUNCH LITTLE MAN" hahahaha.....
Old 2012-06-19, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This thread delivers.
Hamma knows this trouble. PM him for advice.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-06-19, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
The Kush
Captain

Synapses your drifting farther and farther to the dark side. Come back man. Higby smack some sense in this soldier please. Tray must be using some crazy Vanu technology to trick him or something
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge