Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-15, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Obscura
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Something kiddpark posted on the roadmap forums a while ago.

"Easy.. take PS1 as your guide.

Waypoints: the outfit can earn upwards of 3 extra REAL waypoints so we can organize a platoon better. We've made it to that level without them (with great pain) and have earned the right for them.

Crayons: Let outfits that have reached this level have access to draw on the map for organization purposes because we do use them and really miss them for multi squad ops, armor/air/inf.

just off the top of my head. Those things are definite advantages but not so much that they have any real overpowering effect on another outfit IMO.

other things would be various discounts on a particular style of play. a solid 10% off armor, air, etc they could focus on ONE of the three resources that they deem their outfit plays a majority of the time. Also we could perhaps have a 'super' station cash to buy one individual specialized weapon (like annihilator all my guys are required to have) for every member of the outfit.

And outfit owned bases of course."
Old 2013-05-15, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.

Please, separate the cosmetics so we can apply wing tips and lumi, antenna, underglow and rims instead of having to pick between them.
Hotkeys for load outs - win.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Sifer2
Major

Not a direct game change but it sure would make the quality of the game experience better. I think it's time SOE gets itself involved in the population balance issue. It's threatening to kill your game. One idea would be to give new first time players a recommended faction/server. One that needs more members of that faction. If they accept the recommendation they get a bonus starter pack. Something like 500 certs, and a few weapons.

Secondly implement a respawn timer/vehicle acquisition timer penalty to factions that are very overpopulated on a continental basis. As in more than 40% pop on a continent you start to respawn slower. Help give the underdogs more of a chance by making death for the horde sting more.

On a more general UI note I agree with those saying loadout slots should use keyboard numbers as a hotkey. Mash 2 to select loadout 2. Also I think checkboxes are faster than tabs for toggling through map display options. Would like to see that just made into all checkboxes on the right side.

One idea I had the other day was also if Knife melee could be bound to the "use" key. If you were in range of an object you could interact with you would use it otherwise you would do the knife attack.

Lastly I dunno if you will do it as part of your quality of life pass but there are many older weapons/items in the game that are not really useful. I hope you guys do a pass to either remove or revamp them. If you do just ask us, and i'm sure we can fill a thread with them.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
megashades
Private

Some of my top annoyances pertain to the vehicle physics and handling.

- When you exit a vehicle as a driver, it'll sometimes just go haywire and start rotating or driving off without you and potentially run you or a teammate over.

- The harasser seems to flip really easily. I've hit negligible bumps and had the whole thing do a torpedo spin and flip over.

- Vehicles also tend to get lodged and "lock" into other vehicles and terrain occasionally.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Selerox
Sergeant

In no particular order:
  • Regionsay that actually works.
  • Voice macros.
  • The ability to set which minimap (fixed or not) you use for infantry/vehicle/air separately.
  • The ability to set your own squad colours.
  • Better waypoint system, including the ability to set numbered sequential squad waypoints.
  • Making weapons automatically unzoom/unscope when the magazine is empty.
  • The option to set HUD elements as opaque.
  • Making squad numbers show up for vehicles on the map.

I'm sure I could think of a ton more, but it's early and I have to go to work...
Old 2013-05-15, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Maniaboo
Private

I want to be able to turn off individual ui elements.

specifically friendly triangles. but keeping nme ones. when you have a sea of friendlies in front of you its hard to see past them at the nme .
Old 2013-05-15, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
ZephyrBurst
Private

Various things I've been thinking about lately.

-Remove the ally death icon if the ally can no longer be revived. This way Medics know at a glance who is still revivable. (Totally a word.)

-An option that allows outfit members to place an outfit waypoint. Any member that is given access could set it. (I'd like this one the most.)

-An option to see outfit members on the map/minimap.

-A command cert that allows squad members in your squad to set a waypoint as well. (Not one for each member, just one extra per squad for members of the squad.)

-When players log out, have their character model fade away with some particle effect instead of vanishing. (Just a fun thing.)

-I'd like the double health Nanoweave bug to be fixed. It makes me a sad sniper. D:

-A bug I noticed. If you're scoped and hold tab to bring up the scoreboard, it removes the scope overlay. Makes finding people a bit too easy sometimes. I've had to force myself to stop abusing this with my 12x scope.

And most important of all. The /dance command. We need warpgate rave parties. :3

Last edited by ZephyrBurst; 2013-05-15 at 01:47 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Dreamcast
Major

I love the game but Planetside 2 just feels so CLAUSTROPHOBIC for an MMO at times.

Their is just so much little cover in all continents, people pile on the same cover, unable to go anywhere else because if they try to advance they die.

Inside buildings like Biodome is worst. The small shield door stalemates that happen are just awful.

The facilities are really small overall for the ammount of players, more openess with better designs to flank instead will be great...Right now it just caters to who has the more players pushing doorway.

I mean the typical tower facility feels as small as a Call of duty map.

I love the game however, and this isn't a problem always.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Nur
Sergeant

What is important to have is MORE LOADOUTS.

I am quite fed up of having only 3 loadouts and having to change my weapons or secondary turrets always.

If I use 5 different weapons on my class, I need to change loadouts when playing and it is not funny.

Same for vehicles, All the time I need to change the secondary turret, so also on vehicles we need additional loadouts.

At least 2 or 3 more.

Last edited by Nur; 2013-05-15 at 02:04 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
MuNrOe
Private

ANTS AND NTU

Make them mine minerals around the map or something to start out. Just something to add more depth to the game. Once the ANT makes a return you can tweak the game around it.

The game in its current form lacks a lot of depth and meaning. I believe the introduction of the ant followed by certain bases giving benefits "Tech allows for MBT and Rocket Pods for aircraft other than pulled in sanc". scenario. It will put more emphasis on bases actually meaning something. After this you can add ways to drain bases so that the enemy can capture neutral bases behind enemy lines without a link.

Have a problem look to the original for the solution. All the ground works already done take the lattice for example. I really hope that over the next year or so allot of the stuff from the original can make a return, if not exactly the same at least a similar or better version of it. No need to re-invent the wheel.

Bring back the ANT@!@!!@

Last edited by MuNrOe; 2013-05-15 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
LeaRSi
Private

I would love to have GPS, or some sort of helping navigation system.
Amerish is sometimes very confusing to navigate in.
Also this could highlight the way that squads need to go with a waypoint...
Old 2013-05-15, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
nyar
Private

Post Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

#1 - infiltrator cloak effect does not engage if cloak is activated too fast after exiting a vehicle or drop pod. It might show for enemy, but it doesn't for me.

#2 - infiltrator decloaks during reload sometimes

#3 - bugged members in outfit list, psuniverse and PS official outfit stats report phantom members that do not exist when in game
Old 2013-05-15, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
BewareOTLeopard
Private

Landing gear bug.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Rothnang
Major

For me the biggest gripe with the game currently is simply how easily you can be shut out of playing your favorite units if you enjoy vehicles, be it because your faction is doing badly and you can't get resources or because the enemy has infantry organized in such a way that vehicles have no sway on the battlefield at all anymore.

That's what's ruining my fun most of the time because I simply enjoy the vehicle game more than the infantry game and currently it feels like the game drags you kicking and screaming back to playing infantry.

If anything could be done to make the game a bit more harmonious between the weapon groups I'd really love it. To me the most appealing thing about Planetside is the idea that I could log in and say "Tonight I want to drive a tank" or "Tonight I want to pilot a gunship" and do that, and get a solid experience of playing a tank game or a flying game all at the same time as other people get a full experience of playing their favorite unit. That just isn't working as long as you get put in the infantry timeout corner the second you start having too much fun.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Spoof
Corporal

When re-equipping at a terminal as a MAX, MAX should be the selected class. Too often the terminal presents a random class (LA?) that can cause an unwarranted class change and timer reset.

Continents that are not square. It's getting really old. And for the record, three does not divide evenly into four when positioning warpgates.

Region say, 100% reliable. I use it rarely, yet when I do it simply doesn't work. I can rely on it to be unreliable.

Bring back Jammer Grenades to deter tanks.

Separate tab for kill feed. We have to wait for GU10 for something as simple as this?

Resolve mouse sensitivity discrepancy between turrets and some vehicles. Magrider requires high sens to steer it at all, turrets and everything else require low sens to aim.

MAX charge ability should be 100% reliable. It often fails to work and 'roots' you by exhausting stamina or something.

When a bug is quashed, keep it quashed. Too many times I've seen the same, frustrating bug reprised with every update. And yes, I'm talking about spawning with zero health on the UI.

Team kills should not count toward death stats.

Zero respawn time for Warpgate. Or very low.

Remove delay from terminals. Delay only if used recently.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion