Why didn't i get my beta CD? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop refreshing the page dimwit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-04-20, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zylos
Sergeant

Why didn't i get my beta CD?

i thought they were supposed to come no later than friday. well its Saturday and I still havent got it. Was there another "miscommunication" that delayed the CDs?

Dance slave, dance!

Old 2003-04-20, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Civilian
Contributor
Major

I would say somewhere in the range of 75% of the members of open beta have NOT received their disks yet(including yours truly). You are not alone, be patient and cross your fingers for Monday.
Old 2003-04-20, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zylos
Sergeant

only reason to cross my fingers now is to hold myself back from flickin SOE off.those bastards......torturing us this way.....buncha assholes....

Dance slave, dance!

Old 2003-04-20, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Revenant
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Zylos
only reason to cross my fingers now is to hold myself back from flickin SOE off.those bastards......torturing us this way.....buncha assholes....
Or they could just give you nothing at all.......?
Old 2003-04-20, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zylos
Sergeant

Hey, i don't need your lip, man. I just a little pissed my friend who doesnt even meet requirements already got the game, and cant play it, but wont let me install it.

Dance slave, dance!

Old 2003-04-20, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

So you wana yell at SOE for a lie your friend told? Sounds lika bunch of BS i tell ya. So I wouldn't be yellin if i were you.

SO WAIT

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Matuse
First Sergeant

Whenever you get the urge to complain about the arrival time of your FREE beta discs, say the following to yourself:

"Goddamn am I a thankless whiney dumbass"

and post nothing. This will make the problem considerably better.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Joker
Private

Whenever you get the urge to complain about the arrival time of your FREE beta discs, say the following to yourself:

"Goddamn am I a thankless whiney dumbass"

and post nothing. This will make the problem considerably better.

www.dreamscapevirus.com

Woah! Too much goddamn information!
Old 2003-04-20, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sputty
Banned

I need a cd-key Anyone have any extras?
Old 2003-04-20, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
air_head1
Corporal

stop complaining u will probably get urs monday but me i will have to wait till tuesday cause i live in canada no delivery on monday cause of holiday
Old 2003-04-20, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Homicide
Corporal

They ( the open beta peeps) are getting very whiny.....BUT they really were promised there disks by the middle of next week at first.....then friday, and they still have no disks and the dev team is not really giving them a reason why.

Oh well I am still waiting for my confirmation E-mail. :o
Old 2003-04-20, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DarkDragon
Corporal

Originally posted by Homicide
They ( the open beta peeps) are getting very whiny.....BUT they really were promised there disks by the middle of next week at first.....then friday, and they still have no disks and the dev team is not really giving them a reason why.
Finally someone who understands.
Old 2003-04-20, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the people whining about the Open Beta testers whining about not getting their CDs!

If you're complaining, you're either a) already playing Beta, so STFU you lucky SoB - you have NO room to talk, or b) you're not in Open Beta. If the latter is so, my deepest sympathies. Really. But us Open Beta testers were told about 2 weeks ago that our Beta CDs were sent out and we should recieve them within 3 days...

Hmmm... Let's see... I've been sitting on pins and needles for about 2 weeks now. My family and friends can barely tolerate being in the same room as me because I can think of nothing else other than the Beta CD. I've called home from work incesantly inquiring as whether the Beta Faerie has visited our happy household. Nope. Nah. Nadda. Nothing.

For people still having trouble grasping our dilema, let me make an analogy:

A man in a lab coat wearing steel rimmed glasses kidnaps two kids to experiment on. He tortures them both with unthinkably twisted tortures. He then promises them freedom and every pleasure imaginable if they endure it for 1 month longer. So the torture continues and the days pass by. On one of the days the man comes by again and says that the kid that looks smarter (Kid A) will be released to the promised heaven in only 3 days, while the dumber looking kid (Kid B) will still have to wait the previously allotted time. So Kid B, crestfallen, can do nothing else but wait and endure. Kid A, also having to endure, can only imagine the pleasures that await him in, now, only 1 more day! And then nothing happens... Kid A thinks he must have miscounted or something, so they wait another day. Nothing. It isn't until the very next day that the man in the lab coat walks in and apologises by saying that they had meant to free him, but that he'd have to wait longer now - another 3 days. He bitterly turns it over in his mind and realizes he really just need to nod and smile. After all, he's getting out earlier than that dumber looking kid, right? So, to make a long and dramatic story short, it does not come in those 3 days. During that time, Kid A could do nothing but think about what awaits him. He could only talk about how cool it is going to be in just a few more days! Obviously, Kid B did not appreciate that, but knew that he could do nothing to change the mind of the man in the lab coat. Finally, the man comes by again and the smarter looking kid asks why he has not been freed yet. The man adjusts his glasses and looks him over. He tells Kid A that they sent his release papers in through the mail, and that the proper department should have recieved them by now and he should be released. He then shrugs, and explains that it's tax season right now and that the mail is probably being bogged down. So it could be, oh, another 3 days... Kid A then goes crazy and starts foaming at the mouth. He refuses to talk normally and throws poo at anyone who acknowledges him from this point forward. Kid B, surprized at these turn of events, wonders what pushed the smarter looking kid over the edge... He'd ponder it more deeply if he could, but he can't. After all, he isn't the smarter looking kid...
And that, my friends, can explain the Open Beta tester's mental state of being for those who have not recieved their Beta CDs yet. You may think the story ends too soon, but guess where we are now?! That's right! Just where the story ends! It's irrelevant if we eventually get the CDs, because most of you will eventually get the retail. So for the moment, we are worse off then you. Kindly be quiet and lent us vent our angst.

**edit: spelz0ring r0x0r.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2003-04-20 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2003-04-20, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Urthstripe
Private

Nice job Zarparchior. I'm to annoyed to type much of anything. Damn USPS. So, meh...
Old 2003-04-20, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Frozen-Monkey
Master Sergeant

my friend Fire-Monkey got into open beta and he hasnt gotten his cds either, have the postmen gone on strike again?

<STFU> Frozen_Monkey
<Storm Troopers From Uranus>
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion