PSU: N0 1337 5p34k h3r3 p13453!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-06-06, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Pit the PS weapons against your Favorite SCI-FI worlds!

PS Vs Aliens : Aliens win

PS Vs Star Wars : As long as the Empire doesnt bring a Death Star, PS wins

PS Vs Star Trek : ST Wins

PS Vs the Aliens from V : PS Wins

PS Vs Predator : PS Wins (dark Light Baby!)

PS Vs Starship Troopers : Troopers wins, TAC NUKES BABY!
Old 2003-06-06, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

Please note, it is Vicchio's fault for unleashing The Nerd� within me. Blame him for any insanity that follows.

Vicchio, buddy, you need to be more specific here. What kind of limitations on equipment are we talking about here? Are the Wars/Trek people allowed to bring starships to a gunfight, or are we just talking personnel weaponry here? If it's the former, then of course Trek and Wars wins. Orbital bombardment, they don't even need to bother coming down to the planet.

If we're talking soldier-to-soldier, though, you might be a bit more on track. PS vs. Aliens? I dunno, Audio Amplifier means we can track the motherbitches pretty easily and I doubt that once cornered an Alien could do much versus a DC MAX, acid blood or no.

Wars, yes. We win again. Storm Trooper armor = reinforced armor and they're essentially bringing a stronger version of the Pulsar to the table. And of course AT-ATs and their lesser cousins are AV food. If we kill AT-ATs we kill entire squads at a time, and they can't respawn. Advantage PS.

PS vs. Trek?... well, Borg, perhaps. But we'd STOMP over everyone else's azzes. Klingons use melee weapons, we'd cut them down before they even reached us. Romulans are wussies and the Fed doesn't know how to fight (and using weapon power in Elite Forces as a judge, I'd say that a MAX could withstand at least one direct hit from a Phaser rifle.) Advantage PS.

Who the heck are the Aliens from V?

Predator? Good god. A race of nothing but infiltrators (but in infil suits that do have a small armor value.) Yeah, we'd kick their asses, even if they do have the equivalent of 200 life.

Troopers? I dunno. The Punishers On Crack are certainly a major advantage, but the best they wear is something akin to Agile armor. You bring some Reavers and Magriders to the fight, as well as some snipers and Pounders or Quasars, and I don't think the Troopers would last too long (it'd be bloody though.)

Last edited by SpaceDrake; 2003-06-06 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2003-06-06, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

:geek:

Old 2003-06-06, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sputty
Banned

AT-ATs would walk over everything we have in PS.
PS vs. Rebels = PS
PS vs Empire = Empire

Also, all but the VS would rape the borg. The borg's shielding is only effective vs. energy weapons from what I've seen.
Old 2003-06-06, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

Oh come on. AT-ATs move like 20 MPH at best. They're AV bait, especially if the legs are aimed for. And the lesser ATs (ST and PT) have significantly less armor, so they're also AV food.

PS > Empire.
Old 2003-06-06, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NightWalker XI
Colonel

ST would not win VS PS

Lasher vs Compression Rifle = dead redshirt holding compression rifle
Old 2003-06-06, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SpaceDrake
PS vs. Aliens? I dunno, Audio Amplifier means we can track the motherbitches pretty easily and I doubt that once cornered an Alien could do much versus a DC MAX, acid blood or no.

Wars, yes. We win again. Storm Trooper armor = reinforced armor and they're essentially bringing a stronger version of the Pulsar to the table.

PS vs. Trek?... well, Borg, perhaps. But we'd STOMP over everyone else's azzes. Klingons use melee weapons, we'd cut them down before they even reached us. Romulans are wussies and the Fed doesn't know how to fight (and using weapon power in Elite Forces as a judge, I'd say that a MAX could withstand at least one direct hit from a Phaser rifle.)

Predator? Good god. A race of nothing but infiltrators (but in infil suits that do have a small armor value.) Yeah, we'd kick their asses, even if they do have the equivalent of 200 life.
Okay, only quoted what is relevant to what I'm posting. Audio amplifier would only make their hiss louder, and you'll die with your ears ringing.
Stormtrooper armor=recycled pespi bottles, they'd get owned worse.
You're right on Trek.
Predators=small numbers. Get owned bad.
Old 2003-06-06, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

So MrV is a geek at heart.

Well that's refreshing.

Old 2003-06-06, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Talking

Who cares if the Preds can't cloak...
a. They can easily heal themselves
b. They have a lot of life
c. The range of weapons (Taken from AvP2 here)

Speargun - Sharpest material ever, I mean snipe through MAXs sharpness

Plasma Pistol - Electric gun, probably with EMP field

Plasmacaster - Huge Plasma Bolts that can lock on to enemies

Disc - Speargun material but in a Boomerang-esque disc

Not to mention, every possible vision mode and elite hunting skills

d. They DO NOT have small numbers. Predators are a race (Like us) they just hunt in small numbers

Preds would pwn
--------------------------

PS vs. Aliens? I dunno, Audio Amplifier means we can track the motherbitches pretty easily and I doubt that once cornered an Alien could do much versus a DC MAX, acid blood or no.
Aliens are way too fast to make a difference if you can hear them or not. The Marines in Aliens had motion trackers which are better than an audio amplifier. The sheer numbers of aliens mean that there wouldn't be enough ammo on the PS world to kill them all

Yeah I'm a Sci-Fi action film nerd (And proud of it)
Old 2003-06-06, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Robot
Major

Originally posted by Sp3ctre
. The sheer numbers of aliens mean that there wouldn't be enough ammo on the PS world to kill them all
The ammo is limitless, because it's made up of self-reproducing nanites
Old 2003-06-06, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

^haha very clever^

I'm just sure aliens would win! If one snuck in...
Old 2003-06-06, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

d. They DO NOT have small numbers. Predators are a race (Like us) they just hunt in small numbers
Exactly what I was talking about. One is worth more than a 5 MAXs, but you never see more than 10 of them in one place, even in fanfictions.
Old 2003-06-06, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Robot
Major

^haha very clever^
no, really, it is

why do you think all of the ammo boxes and crap disappear in a slowly fading green mess after a while?
Old 2003-06-06, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

PS vs my right index finger hitting the power button on my tower: me
Old 2003-06-06, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Robot
no, really, it is

why do you think all of the ammo boxes and crap disappear in a slowly fading green mess after a while?
It's magic at work! I guess PS would win if they had the Black Arts on their side! They may have hired Gandalf or sumthin.

About the Predators numbers not being over 10: You're right but I think if there was an interplanetary war between Auraxis and The Predator planet, I think they'll enlist more than 10 troops.

Question: How would Star Trek beat PS? They use Remote Controls for gods sake! Lol, maybe they could BORE them to death, by showing re-runs
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge