How to respond to GU11 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Harassar>Pedestrian
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-23, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Re: How to respond to GU11

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Id say the "....ok" part and the the fact that the 2 concepts are ridicoulus were dead giveways.
Ridiculous to you perhaps.

But to for-profit companies and corporate finance professionals like myself, those 2 concepts make perfect business sense.

Like I said, many PS2 gamers don't even realize that they're being farmed by SOE. You may be one of them.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
omega four
Staff Sergeant

This issue has nothing to do with the ease of pulling tanks.

The issue has everything to do with balance. It's impossible to balance a game like PS2 because one can never tell how many units will be pulled by one side and countered by how many units of another side. The permutations of such a combat interaction are immensely large.

Again, timers are in place to limit how often a tank may be pulled. The GU11 changes unfairly penalize dedicated players (tankers, pilots) who have spent lots of certs on timers.

And that's why PS2 will ultimately fail. SOE continues to cater to casual players and penalize long-term dedicated PS2 players with each GU release and gameplay change.

I Think you have issues with detecting sarcasm........

Id rather have expensive but powerfull tanks rather than Toys made of paper marche (or Raditz) that can be pulled on a whim but are not realy practical.

Its partialy becosue of their avlaiability that tanks got nerfed (directly and indirectly) to the ground in the past. People just kept complaining about being swarmed by a platoon of thanks, each of which can one shot them. Same with aircraft.

Not saying that the higher ups at SOE are benevolent and only want whats best not lookign at profits, but in thel ong run, you cant give peopel too much freedom becouse they start abusing int and ruin the experiance for everyone. Take the HEX system. The freedom it provides makes it impssible to makes italmost progress without haveing overwhelming numbers becouse the moment you leave a base one guy on a flash wil luse one of the avaliable connections that oyu cant remove and start caping it back uring the game into a whackamole.

Let people pull vehicles too often, you gat swarmed with them. You kill a tank and he is back within 2 or 3 minutes depending on how far the nearest base is.

On a side note. You must realy learn to use the edit button isntead of making several postsone after the other. Makes your conspiracy rants a little bit more bearable to read.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
MrMak
Sergeant Major

You SERIOUSLY need to learn how to use the forum properly.

The resource system is meant to force palyer to conserve their assets and make territory controll matter. Up untill now it only achieved that with infantry consumables.

If they realy wanted to cater to casual players only, they would do away with resources and cooldowns entirely.

Wether or not selling boosts is a secondary goal is open to debate.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-23 at 12:13 PM.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Give SOE time. There could come a point where resources and timers are removed completely.

As for making territory control matter, most casual gamers don't really care where they fight, just that they find a fight soon. Hence, the premise behind the "instant action" functionality.

For me, I pretty much ignore the command chat texts in the text box calling for assistance at Base X or Base Y. More often than not, those who use command chat texts are fighting with each other and telling the rest of us to ignore what the other command chat texters are saying.

The real teamwork in PS2 comes from participation in an outfit. Everything else is just window dressing when it comes to teamwork and strategy in PS2.

You SERIOUSLY need to learn how to use the forum properly.

The resource system is meant to force palyer to conserve their assets and make territory controll matter. Up untill now it only achieved that with infantry consumables.

If they realy wanted to cater to casual players only, they would do away with resources and cooldowns entirely.

Wether or not selling boosts is a secondary goal is open to debate.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
MrMak
Sergeant Major

And you just shot down your own thesis that the new system caters to casuals.

Resurce system makes territory matter.-->Casual players dont care about territory.-->Resource syastem caters to casual players.

See a problem with this logic?
Old 2013-06-23, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Where did I say that the new system caters to casuals?

The new system definitely does NOT cater to casuals.

The problem is that SOE is trying to appease and appeal to both casuals and non-casuals alike.

And that is why SOE will ultimately end up with a mess on its hands with regards to PS2.

Do you understand now what I'm saying? I think you're too preoccupied in "how" I use the forums rather than focusing on "what" I'm saying on the forums.

And you just shot down your own thesis that the new system caters to casuals.

Resurce system makes territory matter.-->Casual players dont care about territory.-->Resource syastem caters to casual players.

See a problem with this logic?
Old 2013-06-25, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Oh I know what you are saying. You want them to entirely shift their focus to casuals and turn the game into a giant chaotic mess.

I also remembered where I saw you before. You were quite....famous?.....on the official forums.

Arent you the one who claimed they should outright sell certs becouse you shouldnt have to play the game to progress?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion