Deathwatch - Mercenaries - Vanu - PS2 [EU] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pie sold Separately
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-06-10, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ArchangeI
Corporal

Deathwatch - Mercenaries - Vanu - PS2 [EU]

Deathwatch Gaming is are a highly dedicated group of FPS & TPS Players, we make a name for ourselfs where ever we go, we pride ourselves in our dedication.

We have gotten our recognition out there through:
Featured on Planetside 2: Facebook and Twitter

Had our recruitment video displayed on the Command Center Ep 11
twitch.tv/planetside2/b/377804163 - fast forward to 23:35
Higby Says: Is this like schindlers list where all the important stuff is in color
TRay Says: These guys are pretty badass
- - - - - - - - - -
We are all about surgical strikes and the strategical planning that comes with that. If you see 2-3 Galaxies dropping on the enemy armor collum creating a big vacuum in there its more than likely to be us.
We put heavy weight into teamplay, so even if you're aim is shit you can carry your team in other ways.
- - - - - - - - - -

We're looking for members that:

- value squadbased play over lonewolfing.
- have the willingness to follow orders without question.
- understand the concept of Initiative Based Tactics (IBT).
- are willing to work towards the mandatory certs we've set out for our members.
- can understand and speak English on Teamspeak(mic required).
- can participate in Ops and Drills.
- have read the DWG Code of Conduct and other documentation provided.

Note: We're happy to take on new members to get them up to speed with the game and tactics that we're using.

Do not consider applying if:

- you prefer running as a lonewolf and see squadding as a waste of time!
- you do not have a mic or understand english.
- you do not understand the concept of teamplay.
- you are a rambo type of player that runs in before everyone else.. which would compromise the rest of the squad

- - - - - - - - - -
YOUR FORUM NAME MUST BE THE SAME NAME YOU'RE USING IN PLANETSIDE 2
- - - - - - - - - -

- Make an application thread based on the template provided in our forums Here
- If your application is approved you are handed a load of documentation you're expected to take part in
- During your trial period, you'll be expected to participate in squads, drills and ops.
- If your trial period goes well and you want to stay you'll become a grunt member.
- If you wish to advance past grunt you need to participate in x amount of drills and have the required mandatory certs to move on past grunt

You'll be in trial for 2 weeks after joining.
You can also trial the outfit without leaving your current outift: More info here

www.deathwatchgaming.com

Last edited by ArchangeI; 2013-03-29 at 05:47 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tikuto
Major

Thumbs up VS

edit: Correct empire.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2012-06-14 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Naveo
Private

Re: Deathwatch - Mercenaries - Vanu - PS2

EU or US
Old 2012-06-10, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ArchangeI
Corporal

Originally Posted by Naveo View Post
EU or US
Currently we have members from all Timezones and all countries, we aim to have actives on most if not all
Old 2012-06-10, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Naveo
Private

That seems... chaotic.
Personally, I'd prefer an outfit with order. Organizing their members, keeping everything in check.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tikuto
Major

That seems... chaotic.
Personally, I'd prefer an outfit with order. Organizing their members, keeping everything in check.
That's a discipline of TR quality and will happen....if they go TR.

What may happen is region-servers and mostly Europeans on the server. Everything will be in order. We have iOS and Android apps now, which is awesome..

Last edited by Tikuto; 2012-06-10 at 09:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Banjo
Private

Originally Posted by ArchangeI View Post
Currently we have members from all Timezones and all countries, we aim to have actives on most if not all
so what about servers?? do u intend to play on all of them aswell? xD
Old 2012-06-10, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ArchangeI
Corporal

That seems... chaotic.
Well i do see your point but it feels like a game where you would need 24/7 representation if it pans out as that aint the case well then there aint a problem
Old 2012-06-10, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ArchangeI
Corporal

Well what if we brand us as EU and lets see what the US guys do
Old 2012-06-12, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Banjo
Private

I just want to say that I joined this clan and looking forward to having fun with dominating the battlefield
Old 2012-06-14, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ArchangeI
Corporal

Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I just want to say that I joined this clan and looking forward to having fun with dominating the battlefield
Yeah and welcome bud, sorry for my absence been gone for 3 days doing a seminare on FIRO Leadership theory
Old 2012-06-14, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Just had a look around your site. Looks great. I'm sure you guys will do well. However as the leader of a successful clan which played in the original PS I'd recommend you guys rethink your recruitment procedure. We were one of those "oh no, no THOSE guys again..." groups but we only earned that reputation because of the strength of our playerbase. A tough recruitment process isn't necessarily a bad thing and having to work towards a goal can be rewarding in gaming; which can often be full of instant gratification.

We recruit on an invite-only basis because our reputation allows us to do so and i wouldn't recommend that for you guys, but we also have a 2-4 week trial procedure for every applicant. This basically ensures we maintain the highest standards and are ultimately successful in the games we play. It can be tempting just to invite people, particularly at the start but remember good players attract other good players and if you build a solid group they WILL come. However if your standards slip you will see the results come in loses on the battlefield!
Old 2012-06-14, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Banjo
Private

well I hope I won't bring the skill level down. I've played a bit competitive FPS's before, got on 6th place in the ESL VS BF3 Warmup + years of FPS experience as well as MMORPG and MMOFPS (planetside wasn't one of them though =/ ).
Old 2012-06-14, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
well I hope I won't bring the skill level down. I've played a bit competitive FPS's before, got on 6th place in the ESL VS BF3 Warmup + years of FPS experience as well as MMORPG and MMOFPS (planetside wasn't one of them though =/ ).
I wasn't aiming this at anyone in particular and Arch will probably ignore my advice anyway. Just an observation having run one of the best small-scale Outfits in PS. In my opinion a group like Deathwatch is only as strong as it's weakest member and unless you trial you can't be sure how weak/strong those members are. It's also a chance for the applicant to get used to the way you work before they make a commitment to the clan.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ArchangeI
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Just had a look around your site. Looks great. I'm sure you guys will do well. However as the leader of a successful clan which played in the original PS I'd recommend you guys rethink your recruitment procedure. We were one of those "oh no, no THOSE guys again..." groups but we only earned that reputation because of the strength of our playerbase. A tough recruitment process isn't necessarily a bad thing and having to work towards a goal can be rewarding in gaming; which can often be full of instant gratification.

We recruit on an invite-only basis because our reputation allows us to do so and i wouldn't recommend that for you guys, but we also have a 2-4 week trial procedure for every applicant. This basically ensures we maintain the highest standards and are ultimately successful in the games we play. It can be tempting just to invite people, particularly at the start but remember good players attract other good players and if you build a solid group they WILL come. However if your standards slip you will see the results come in loses on the battlefield!
I can only agree with you and you are right on all points except that we feel that we cant discriminate anyone, but of course as mentioned there will have to be some sort of confort zone for people regarding their skill level, i do think anyone can be trained and can practice to reach a certain level of skill.

To reach the point of where we can say that we are a force that can turn a battle we have to have members to train, i dont feel that we are in a state where we can exclude a large percentage of people.

Beeing Adapted to FIRO Leadership Theory i do think we can work really well as a group even if the individual skill might not be in top 100.

And as you do point out, a group is only as strong as its weakest link so thats where our focus will have to be.

But once we reach a certain level of respect we can as you say get to the point where we can be alot more selective

I like this type of constructive critisism
Thank you
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty