The people playing the game are making the game look bad - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where your PS dreams get shot down by others...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Re: The people playing the game are making the game look bad

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Because pseudo-analogue control (lack of better term) is better than digital control for aiming. Joystick users have at least 4 dimensions of pseudo-analogue control, mouse users only have 2. With a keyboard you'd have to adjust your aim with small finger taps, always being limited by how fast you can tap, and how short you can make the duration of an interrupt. With a mouse you can just move it at a controlled speed - an advantage joysticks have in at least 2 other dimensions.
Ah I really haven’t noticed a difference (I have a full flight sim setup for IL2) but in most other shooters with vehicles I have always preferred a mouse and keyboard to joystick. To each his own I guess.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Envenom
Sergeant Major

I'm pretty sure you can shoot while cloaked, however upon taking the shot you instantly come out of it. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 2012-06-05, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hyiero
Private

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Whoa, seriously? That is DEFINITELY a nice feature then, knowing we won't get cloak sniped.

How was the MAX melee? Hit hard? Knockback?

And some of us have been wondering if the Reaver/Scythe/Mosquito could have guns put in place of the rockets. See any special customization options?
Yep I definitely was a huge fan of finding out infiltrators can not snipe while stealthed as far as the max I didn't test it out for myself today so I'll get back to that Tom and yes they can replace rockets with guns and just let me know what customizations u want expanded on and Ill write down whatever u want to know. Bringing the iPad tom to take notes
Old 2012-06-05, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hyiero
Private

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
I'm pretty sure you can shoot while cloaked, however upon taking the shot you instantly come out of it. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes unless it is a cert that I did not see, the game refused to let me fire cloaked
Old 2012-06-05, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Stew
Major

game mechanics are pretty solid but most of the time every game look like this lol !

When you look at any shooters games on gamepot , gametrailers or few others the players are BAD because its mostly a new game and it most likely some press or randoms guys who play it Not a ELITE veteran players who know everything about the game etc..

Every games look this way while been show on the show floor !

But even with these mostly BAd people playing theyre was actually some few good players

people who are smart enough will get it

but thats why livecast arent representative of the game

We need some TEAM work trailers like the killzone 2 ones on a bigger scales showing class roles and Voice over IP to really represent the game !

Now on E3 is more like some few lucky can FEEL the game can experience is a little ! thats all

but i got your point ! thats true people running around do not make the game like it should be !
Old 2012-06-05, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Hyiero View Post
Yep I definitely was a huge fan of finding out infiltrators can not snipe while stealthed as far as the max I didn't test it out for myself today so I'll get back to that Tom and yes they can replace rockets with guns and just let me know what customizations u want expanded on and Ill write down whatever u want to know. Bringing the iPad tom to take notes
Haha! Great amounts of info man. You're now, like, the common man's hero (well, common PS1 vet's hero). Nevertheless, we appreciate all the info you bring back from the holy land (E3).

See if they have any guns on the Galaxy yet for me, I don't think I've seen any Galaxys with guns yet in the videos.

Oh, and make SURE you test out the weapons and stuff on VANU. Got that? Pink laser popping xenophiles. V-A-N-U.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hyiero
Private

It's np I do what I can and the vanu will die like they always do!! And I'll make sure to see what all weapons can go on the galaxy if anyone else wants me to test or go into more detail on things just let me know
Old 2012-06-05, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

It looked as if they were playing standing up, it's pretty horrible to do that because the forces in your hand are all messed up. I'd suck hard if I was playing in that position so hats off to the guys in the stream who were playing pretty damn well.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-05, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

This was just a demo folks, not a professional tournament.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Zulthus
Colonel

Of all the things one could complain about.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I know but two of my friends, who saw the footage weren't impressed because all they saw was people doing suicide or not being in battle.....

All though I did battles thru out the game mixed with suicides and people just walking.

I think the camera should only be on a person SOE puts in that knows how to play so new viewers interested on the game will get to see how the game is actually played.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Razicator
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just sayin, if some of us had the beta, we can do really eye-candy stuff for the demoers, even if they're not effective. Things like multiple galaxy drops, max crashes, MAX-surfing on galaxies, etc
Old 2012-06-05, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hyiero
Private

Let's leave the profressional tournaments to the small sized fps's cause we are here. Where size matters!!!
Old 2012-06-05, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Of all the things one could complain about.
^

Old 2012-06-05, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
The setup was pretty stupid though, probably due to lack of space; they had the screens mounted to a wall at eye-height, the keyboard and mouse on a narrow desk at normal height, and there were no chairs, so everyone was playing while standing. I just tried to play Max Payne 3 like that just to see how badly it would affect my playing, and it was horrible. Now factor in screaming cheerleaders, marketing bois and other gameshow-bobo's and it starts to look very ugly. I can't even concentrate when someone is in my room with me, let alone in a setting like that.
ya rly.

Press are typically known not the be the best players, but yea that setup was horrible, people need to cut them some slack, unless you offcourse want to stream your first session playing planetside so we can all laugh at you...if you do do that though... play from somebody else's computer while upside down though.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion