Trayvon Martin - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's where to be when not playing PlanetSide.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-04, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Yeah, Fox News is a Republican mouthpiece..because all the other news outfits are so liberal its disgusting.
It's interesting how some people only see things as being either "good" or "so liberal its disgusting".

And it also adds weight to the fact that, by Florida state law, he had every right to put a bullet in his attacker...because he had a CCL.
Except Martin almost certainly wasn't the attacker. The only reason anyone thinks Martin (a kid with no history of violence on his way home from the store, talking to his girlfriend on the way) was the attacker here is because of scary black person stereotypes. It is vastly more probable that Zimmerman, a guy who does have a violent history, who had been fired from a security job for being too aggressive, who actively chased down Martin, made things turn physical.

To assume that Zimmerman did indeed get lost in his own three-street neighborhood, and Martin attacked him, tried to take his gun, and then said "You got me!" as Zimmerman shot him, well, it isn't because of logic that you believe that's anything like the truth.
Old 2012-04-04, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
This shit happens DAILY in the US and nobody gives a fuck, but SUDDENLY they care SO MUCH about a dead black guy just because the media makes it into something big.
Now that is an interesting question! Why did the MSM choose to make so much ado about a scenario like this one, at this particular time?

What else would we be talking and thinking about if not for this distraction?

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
It is called distraction. It is no accident this is happening right now, it takes attention from Obamacare being destroyed by the Supreme Court.
Or Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness, signed on the ides of March.

Or . . . ?

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-04-04 at 11:45 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #228
ArcIyte
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I am amazed at how you ignore large facets of this case, and warp the rest to fit your personal political ethos. More surprising is how blatant the media has been in doing the same. What they're doing is almost criminal in itself.

Do you actually believe in the garbage you post or are you just board warrioring?

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM

Last edited by ArcIyte; 2012-04-04 at 11:45 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

What are my personal political ethos which warp my perception of this case as a white Canadian?

And I'd say I've read/heard pretty much every facet of this. It may be every day stuff where some people are from, but it's a pretty crazy story for me. What I'd really like to know is whether the defense of Zimmerman here is a racial thing, a 2nd amendment thing, a... "the LIEberal media are saying X, therefore I believe Y!" thing, or what.
Old 2012-04-04, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

How about a due process thing?

Old 2012-04-04, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Acknowledging the facts surrounding the case doesn't mean that all of a sudden George Zimmerman is no longer entitled to due process. I know PSU is a pretty cool site with a pretty happening Political Debate sub-forum, but I think the Florida prosecutors are going to go at it without consulting us for the verdict this time.

And yes, I think Zimmerman is going to be indicted. Angela Corey is the one looking into it. Prosecutor in Florida teen shooting aims to do "right thing".

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-04 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2012-04-04, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Point is, the man will be found guilty no matter what the truth is. His due process was taken from him by the media.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:50 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #234
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
I am amazed at how you ignore large facets of this case, and warp the rest to fit your personal political ethos. More surprising is how blatant the media has been in doing the same. What they're doing is almost criminal in itself.

Do you actually believe in the garbage you post or are you just board warrioring?
I'm also amazed at how you are absolutely certain it was justifiable homicide. I'm also amazed at how everyone defending Zimmerman is trying to draw attention away from him and onto the media, as if that is more important than a fair trial itself.

Does the media influence? Sure. Should it? No. /deliberate media derail to blame it on the liberals.

Ad hominem much btw?
Old 2012-04-04, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Point is, the man will be found guilty no matter what the truth is. His due process was taken from him by the media.
YEA! Just like OJ's and Casey Anthony.
Old 2012-04-04, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheSHiFT View Post
YEA! Just like OJ's and Casey Anthony.
That is actually a good point.

If the public thinks you're guilty....you're automatically guilty.

That's why Casey Anthony is in hiding...even though she was found not guilty of any wrongdoing.

And that's why I'm saying give the fucking justice system a chance to do their job before you start crying about Zimmerman getting away with some type of injustice. You don't know what happened, you weren't there....you don't know better than anyone else.

This discussion...like another poster commented....is warping into a political ethos war.
Old 2012-04-04, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

That isn't true at all. OJ walked, even though he was clearly guilty, because the cops/prosecution were incompetent and Johnnie Cochran came at them with the wookie defense. OJ's case wasn't obvious before the trial began, though, so maybe the analogy is a bit off.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-04 at 07:38 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:50 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Or maybe there's another reason why I might think poorly of a man who chased down an unarmed teenager and shot him to death with a pistol. Or do you suppose all the Americans who agree with my sentiment are themselves... non-American? Honestly I'm not sure why where I'm from makes any difference. Is there a place on the planet where it's a fine thing for men to go around shooting boys because they think they're suspicious?

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-04 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2012-04-04, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
Hamma
PSU Admin

Innocent until proven guilty.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum