Paying for xtra conts - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A, B, C, D, P, S, U......wait..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-05, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Paying for xtra conts

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
I also agree that there will definitely be money involved... How long can they keep a game running by offering visual effects ? I think their plan is eventually to get people to subscribe by offering a lot of conveniences for subbing players.
Running costs for a cluster of servers these days are not what they used to be, it's actually dirt cheap to keep a room of them up and running.

Leauge of legends is on it's third year and is still experiencing heavy growth, both economic and population wise. Guess what? They basically only offer skins for heroes, or the option to buy heroes for real money instead of ingame currency. That's it.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Paying for xtra conts

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Yea the caves themselves were really fun, but trying to find your way around with the damned ziplines was crazy.
Yeah, the caves where a blast. But those dam ziplines where crazy. Just when you think your going the right direction off you go to some other ledge. It payed to have a mossie in the caves just for getting around.

As for paying for extra content. I'm not a big fan of the idea, but I plan to pay a sub anyways. So I doubt it's gonna make much of a difference for me which route they take if they do this.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion