So - It's been a year this month - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and teh pimp hat! Oh YEAH!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2004-05-03, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MadCat360
Corporal

You know, I may just start playing again...I don't know though...We'll see.
Old 2004-05-03, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

oh nice sig

I love mechwarrior 4
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2004-05-03, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SporkfirePS
PlanetSide Alumni

Wow.

Thank you, everybody. The rest of the team definately needs to see this to brighten up their day.

And we'll do everything we possibly can to make year two live up to year one.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EarlyDawn
Major General

Year one was good, don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer a better year two. First, I'd like to see more marketing to make sure we have a year two. Overall, these little additions and tweaks are nice, but there's so much more you can do.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

If you don't get the little tweaks sorted before you stick the big tweaks on top then you'll have an even larger mess to deal with when stuff goes wrong

Core combat I feel proved that, new content rushed out the door before the rest of the game had been ready for it. As I think has been said by some other people, if Core Combat had been released now, things could have been a whole lot different

But that's the past, we hope for a brighter future, one filled with content and much more fun
Old 2004-05-03, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I think the best way to get more people to play is to optimize the game engine.

I have worked at EB Games for 2 years. I think everyone that shops at a gaming store knows that one sales associate that just LOVES Xbox, or PS2, or Gamecube, or whatever.

I'm probably the only EB salesperson that holds that towards PlanetSide. I tell a lot of people about it, and the most surprising response was, "Yeah I saw it, but it runs so slow, even on my friend's "(insert 2.0ghz, 512mb ram, 128mb video card computer.)"

That is what I hear more than anything else about PS. Most FPS junkies have already played it, and aren't gonna go back until it's fixed.

Until the engine is optimized for people with lower system requirements instead of just the hardcore computer junkies, the game will have a limited population.
Old 2004-05-03, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
EarlyDawn
Major General

I was not refering to bug fixes. I was refering to (relatively) small changes like BWGs and the LLU when most would have prefered more in-depth character development or OBO or the like.

I mean, c'mon. Who can really say they would have rather had Core Combat over Outfit Base Ownership or getting Elite abilities early?
Old 2004-05-03, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I agree with Navaron. Some of the decisions they have made are just ass. I wont be back unless the devs get thier shit together about Infiltrators and put in new bases and/or urban areas. I might re-up for a month after post BR 20 skills go in to see if they suck or not
Old 2004-05-03, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Red October
Second Lieutenant

I got addicted when a friend of mine let me play for a little while. That day foward I decided to get a good computer...and I did. Now the only thing that stops me from playing is 1) Work 2) Wife 3) Yard/House Work.

I think Planetside has huge potential that hasn't been tapped into yet. Some serious marketing, a way for Playstation console's to get in (open up a whole new market and stab x-box a little). I agree core combat felt rushed, but with the addition of new vehicle variants for free, it may wipe the bad taste everyone got. Should another expansion occur (space, water, whatever), it should be well thought out. But of course the priority should be improving whats already there. And I think the Dev's are doing a good job thus far.
Old 2004-05-03, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Planetside + PSU > Any other game or site I have been with.
A-bloody-men
Old 2004-05-03, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

a way for Playstation console's to get in (open up a whole new market and stab x-box a little)
I don't think the xbox is good enough to run Planetside, although I may be wrong if they can optimise it in such a way that it does run pretty well.

However, can you imagine playing Planetside with a controller? I suppose some people have keyboards and mice for their consoles but it'd still be a massive feat to pull off for those who don't have those accessories.
Old 2004-05-03, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I mis the old look of PSU
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-05-03, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
I mis the old look of PSU
Agreed

But, I do not agree that PS is a let down... I've had so much fun playing the game. It just got old, but as said, the massive battles can't be beat.

I doubt I will play it again, but it is a special game to me.
Old 2004-05-03, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Lartnev
However, can you imagine playing Planetside with a joypad? I suppose some people have keyboards and mice for their consoles but it'd still be a massive feat to pull off for those who don't have those accessories.
More fodder for the cannon

But Sony could do something similar as they did to Final Fantasy (game + hard drive). It would be Game + Keyboard + Mouse
Old 2004-05-03, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

That could work
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion