PlanetSide Next Galaxy - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You got Wang!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-01-26, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Overall I like it. The cockpit area looks interesting, but the transition to the plane nose could be better.

Like with the Vanguard picture it almost seems to be, that they are getting rid of the 'entering vehicle animations'. There seems to be no way for a co-pilot/gunner to enter the cockpit. Even the pilot would have a hard time to get in (seems to be 3m above the ground).
Old 2011-01-26, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
CGar
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
NOW it's a proper effin' Galaxy. LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH.

Awesome picture

Image courtesy of Suntarin, from Black Widow Company
*Salute*
Old 2011-01-26, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
Overall I like it. The cockpit area looks interesting, but the transition to the plane nose could be better.

Like with the Vanguard picture it almost seems to be, that they are getting rid of the 'entering vehicle animations'. There seems to be no way for a co-pilot/gunner to enter the cockpit. Even the pilot would have a hard time to get in (seems to be 3m above the ground).
Not much difference with the current planetside. Gunner got a ladder, pilot has to climb.
Old 2011-01-26, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Chaotic Cow
Private

Freedom over oppression!

I honestly can't wait to see a in-game video. That way people will know what to expect graphical wise.
Old 2011-01-26, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Miir View Post
This is the easiest way for me to describe how these screen shots make me feel.
LOL, Brilliant!
Old 2011-01-26, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Not much difference with the current planetside. Gunner got a ladder, pilot has to climb.
The way it looks, the gunner would have to climb over the pilot though ...
Old 2011-01-26, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Tikuto
Major

So--err...

When's the game due, again? :P
Old 2011-01-26, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
The way it looks, the gunner would have to climb over the pilot though ...
Perhaps they enter through the ramp you can see open at the back? It would be pretty cool to walk inside the galaxy to the back to jump into the cockpit. I'd expect it to be like that if they are going for the whole 'cargo plane' thing.

Other than that it's hard to tell if the cockpit opens, it looks like it could be a seperate 'opening' door, the ladders could be on the other side of the plane for all we know. But the Vanguard definately had a hatch, so I imagine that there will be entering animations. If they did it for Planetside I don't see why they wouldn't do it for PS-Next, hell they even managed to do animations for the BFR's - although it did involve your character doing a triple backflip to get into the pereguine.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Really who turned graphics on Min? The game looked horrible.

My

9800pro 256mb
1Gb ram
Amd FX53

Could easily max out the game and it didn't even cost very much. Now we all have at least Geforce 460s or ATI 5850's, quad cores, 4gb ram etc etc.

If you don't even have that system then go out and buy one cause they cost pennies.

Your 9800pro 256MB, 1GB ram (assuming DDR400) and AMD FX53 Will take a crap at a PS high pop 3 way fight.

Do you realize the affect of high poly count on large scale battles? Obviously not, if you come in and regurgitate this crap. EviloHomer, you need to lay off that keyboard and go to bed.

On a side note.

I'm actually loving the direction it's taking, and in comparison to the old gal and new gal, the resemblance is just the right blend. The new NC vanguard is also a perfect match. Since NC always had the more modern look anyways. I can't wait to see actual screen shots of the change. This is moving in the right direction, and with all that's been going on with SOE, the progress seems to be impressive.

Planetside isn't a game for the extreme graphics that morons like EviloHomer feel entitled to complain and suggest (just don't play, no one will miss you or care). I doubt any high end computer will be able to handle a fraction of the stress that it would put on itself if it ran Crysis graphics plus the physics engine. Planetside has always been about game playability on large scale (300 player shootouts), and it delivered it on release. Though it hit rough terrain shortly after. Regardless, the game was way ahead it's time, and sadly - It's down fall was on not enough advertising, and user resources to provide a decent setup to handle the game correctly... and BIFFERS

Thumbs up for PSnext! 6 year Veteran KWA - Infektion.

BTW - I run
E8400 4.0Ghz
4GB 1066 DDR2 ram
HD 4850 512MB DDR3
2x Raid 0 300GB Velociraptors
1x 750MB Storage/Backup
---Watercooled---
Wrapped in modded Antec 300 =D

I run Crysis on high@ 1680x1050, VERY little slow downs.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

I'm on a 4.1 gHz quad core, 6 gigs of 2000 MHz RAM with a HD 5970 2 GB Graphics card and a Gigabyte mobo.

I get about 60 ish FPS in big fights.... on a game from 2003

Yeah, the game is stressful when it's played how its meant to be played - granted the lag was a lot less worse when they hadn't added all this crappy code ontop of crappy code and they had half-decent servers, I got respectable FPS on a GT 8800 but even then I had to turn down the graphics to get 30 FPS in the really big fights.

Comparing Planetsides graphics by taking one model then comparing it to a model from Crysis is a bit like taking a single jet from Battlefield 2 then laughing at EVE Online for not having the same amount of detail in its spaceships. You can't expect all the bells and whistles because when you get into those 3000 man fleet battles your computer will just die - no matter how powerful it is.

There simply isn't the hardware out there that can run a game like Planetside with its hundreds of square kilometers of open ground and millions of objects WITH 400 unique human players shooting the crap outta each other with the graphics quality of Crysis. If you want graphics quality you sacrifice other things like number of players (big one), size (another big one) and freedom.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
I'm on a 4.1 gHz quad core, 6 gigs of 2000 MHz RAM with a HD 5970 2 GB Graphics card and a Gigabyte mobo.

I get about 60 ish FPS in big fights.... on a game from 2003

Yeah, the game is stressful when it's played how its meant to be played - granted the lag was a lot less worse when they hadn't added all this crappy code ontop of crappy code and they had half-decent servers, I got respectable FPS on a GT 8800 but even then I had to turn down the graphics to get 30 FPS in the really big fights.

Comparing Planetsides graphics by taking one model then comparing it to a model from Crysis is a bit like taking a single jet from Battlefield 2 then laughing at EVE Online for not having the same amount of detail in its spaceships. You can't expect all the bells and whistles because when you get into those 3000 man fleet battles your computer will just die - no matter how powerful it is.

There simply isn't the hardware out there that can run a game like Planetside with its hundreds of square kilometers of open ground and millions of objects WITH 400 unique human players shooting the crap outta each other with the graphics quality of Crysis. If you want graphics quality you sacrifice other things like number of players (big one), size (another big one) and freedom.
Now if we could just hammer this reality into EviloHomers face.... yea, that's right. His FACE.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Now if we could just hammer this reality into EviloHomers face.... yea, that's right. His FACE.
My face is in Gatlinburg.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-01-26, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

I'm glad you guys are diggin the Galaxy.
Stay tuned
Old 2011-01-26, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Hamma
PSU Admin

T-Ray!

Welcome to the forums great to see you are on this project again!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-01-26, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Great to see you, T-Ray! We look forward to what your team is going to do with the game!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion