News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit! - Page 23 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NO SHAMPOO IS BETTAHH!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-15, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #331
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
Cool, I loved that. Making "black market purchases", feeding false intelligence, or just having fun talking to people. I feel it's integral to fun warfare.
Yeah, and it's a lot easier to see enemies as actual people if you can talk with them. In WoW each faction hates each other and I think this is why; they're some silent, remorseless enemy.
Old 2011-07-15, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #332
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Without hate tells it just wouldn't be the same

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-15, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #333
Bags
Lieutenant General

The only hatetells I ever got were from cloakers and roamcell.

Sadfaceee.
Old 2011-07-15, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #334
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
Without hate tells it just wouldn't be the same

its sort of a minigame in itself, I WIN!

Old 2011-07-15, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #335
Bags
Lieutenant General

So the key to lots of hate tells is to play VS and live in Australia?
Old 2011-07-15, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #336
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
So the key to lots of hate tells is to play VS and live in Australia?
and also be a pilot, that adds lots of hate, even when not in a reaver. Also use a thumper, well.
Old 2011-07-15, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #337
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
its sort of a minigame in itself, I WIN!

I made a crappy collage a few years ago. I certainly have more than this. Still funny none the less. If hate tells aren't in the game I will seriously cry. I can't wait to school some CoD kiddies on their Hewlett Packard's.

And before anyone goes crazy, I'm not trying to wave my shlong around, just posting an example of why rage induced internet people are hilarious.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-15, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #338
Bags
Lieutenant General

Thumper is a unfair comparison as half of that hate will be from your own empire.

@D2A: Fun to see Mchief's4char on there, when I joined his outfit on my NC because I wanted to leach XP I learned that he apparently really respected me. His whole outfit did. I was kind of confused.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-15 at 07:15 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #339
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post

I made a crappy collage a few years ago. I certainly have more than this. Still funny none the less. If hate tells aren't in the game I will seriously cry. I can't wait to school some CoD kiddies on their Hewlett Packard's.

And before anyone goes crazy, I'm not trying to wave my shlong around, just posting an example of why rage induced internet people are hilarious.
oh yea I have way more these are just the ones from in like 2007. i do like crossrealm talk, it does entertain me, but i can see why it could possibly, go without it, yea people just do hate eachother more, while i get hate from alot of people, i still talk to some people on tr and nc.

Another problem with crossrealm chat is if somebody is easily offended its just more work for mods with reporting people and shit.

oh lol you got inspector hate tell too, guess they're nothing special, i swear the guy sends about 4 different hate tells eachtime he dies.

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2011-07-15 at 07:26 AM.
Old 2011-07-15, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #340
Bags
Lieutenant General

I dunno, I see more cross faction hate in games like WoW that disallow it than in Planetside.

In WoW it's not directed at any one person, but there's a lot more other faction hate.
Old 2011-07-15, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #341
Aractain
Major

Thats because horde players think they are important because they arn't pretty (ignore belfs).
Old 2011-07-15, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #342
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
Cool, I loved that. Making "black market purchases", feeding false intelligence, or just having fun talking to people. I feel it's integral to fun warfare.
I struck up a conversation with an NC player that I "killed"... they were standing still for a long period of time so I waited, and waited, nothing happened. So I shot them with my stolen Mag-scatter. I sent them a tell, and they were playing.

On another part of the game.

Turns out, it was some sort of weird server echo or something. Kinda like a cicada molts and leaves a dead skin clone behind? I don't know how to explain it. That's what I had shot, which was why it didn't die. Turns out, anyway, that it was a female player. Natalie. We started talking frequently, then she gave me her out-of-game contact info. We started talking there. That's all I'm going to say.
Old 2011-07-15, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #343
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I struck up a conversation with an NC player that I "killed"... they were standing still for a long period of time so I waited, and waited, nothing happened. So I shot them with my stolen Mag-scatter. I sent them a tell, and they were playing.

On another part of the game.

Turns out, it was some sort of weird server echo or something. Kinda like a cicada molts and leaves a dead skin clone behind? I don't know how to explain it. That's what I had shot, which was why it didn't die. Turns out, anyway, that it was a female player. Natalie. We started talking frequently, then she gave me her out-of-game contact info. We started talking there. That's all I'm going to say.
Killed people like that a bunch of times, I'd always heard them called ghosts. Although it happens to me a bunch too :/
Old 2011-07-15, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #344
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Pictures or it didn't happen!
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-15, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #345
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Of what? Me driving across three states so we could get together, have coffee, and then go hand out Bibles down at the YMCA?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion