Adjusted Air Vehicle Spawns - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this ISN'T SPARTA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-19, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Notsononymous
Private

Adjusted Air Vehicle Spawns

Something I've noticed while watching recent gameplay (for example this video from TotalBiscuit) that air vehicle spawns are not very suitable for promoting teamwork.

This is nicely demonstrated twice in TB's video (for example at 36:18). Air vehicles appear to spawn in midair, which basically made it impossible for his squadmate to get in the Liberator gunship for them to carry out their proposed bombing run. He had to land on the ground and wait for significant portion of time for his squadmate to get back to ground level to hop in the Liberator.

While this is fine for the single seater craft, this is a useless system for the Liberator, which is most effective with teammates in the other two seats. The obvious solution in my mind is to add landing pads similar to the ones seen at 17:45 in TB's video. Then the air vehicles could spawn onto these pads, allowing squadmates to get in to your vehicle without wasting valuable time and possibly crashing your gunship flying it to an area where your squadmate can get in to.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ParisTeta
Sergeant

Re: Adjusted Air Vehicle Spawns

Yes that is really a problem, here is my suggestion: My Post
Old 2012-07-19, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Purple
Sergeant Major

i think its fine the way it is. when alot of people need to spawn air you need to get people moving off the spawnpads as soon as possible. it worked well in PS1 where the aircraft started in the air then met their gunners in the CY.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

i couldn't agree more. this is deffingly something that needs to be fixed. props to you, and good idea!
+support.
Old 2012-07-22, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Amen
Old 2012-07-25, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

The way it is now actually works out the best when you have hundreds of players trying to spawn an aircraft. You know, we want everyone to "keep it moving, keep it moving"...

Based on the video you are referring to, if TB and his friends was more organized, they would have had a set location for pickup each time. You know... "hey fellas, I'm pulling a Lib, meet me at LZ1 for pickup", so by the time he is going to airterm to spawn Lib, his friends could be working their way to the LZ at the same time. And by TB has the Lib and lands at LZ, his friends would either already be waiting or just about there for pickup.

In short, I think the way aircraft spawn now is fine... and this is from exp playing PS waiting in queue for my plane.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MorioMortis
Corporal

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
The way it is now actually works out the best when you have hundreds of players trying to spawn an aircraft. You know, we want everyone to "keep it moving, keep it moving"...
But now there are like 6 spawn terminals per location, so the circulation issues should be somewhat eased.

Plus, letting people step up to the pads allows you to easily land on the towers and have people spawn inside be able to immediately walk up to it and get in; this should help with getting pubs to fill auxiliary seats on Libs and Gals if you aren't with your outifit or have open seats.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BraavikStal
Private

Having them spawn then fly somewhere to meet your gunners Is all well and good, if your playing with friends or a outfit, but what if your by yourself? It would be easier to get people into your lib if people could just walk up and get in rather than having to run out of the tower and find you.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault