Chat System - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People don't kill people, lasers kill people.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-03, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
CommanderStride
Private

Chat System

So for the most part I really like the chat system that was set up for PS. Squads, Platoons, Outfits, Command chats. Not really sure about how CR4 and SL chats helped, but I didn't have a problem with it at all.

My problem comes with the inevitable CR5 Spam and how the entire empire is managed as a whole, example, how Primary Targets are assigned. Would it be a good idea to be able for CR5's to be able to ban other CR5's global abilities? I think that this would help control garbage messages. Or maybe the CR5s could have a vote and give only a certain amount of people the ability to global.

Another side idea, should there be another box that specifically tells every person what the empire goals are, like Primary Targets? Of course managed by CR5s if they continue to follow the CR model.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Re: Chat System

CR5 spam is not caused by a faulty chat system, it is caused by the fact that there are more and more CR5's in the world.
Voting system are always easy to be exploited. Large outfits with many CR5's in them can collaborate together to silence another CR5.

The way to fix CR5 spam is managing the number of CR5's. One way would be that your command rank will slowly tick away and you'll lose your rank if you do not earn sufficient CEP to compensate for the loss of CEP.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

I was on Tr last night for two hours and I saw 3 garbage globals. I don't think it's a problem.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gogita
Master Sergeant

I would guess that that is caused due to the fact that there are not a lot of people on PS anymore. If PsN will be big (which i hope), will also mean that after a certain amount of time, enough CR5's have accumulated for spam to appear in global chat.
Also, you say you did not see a problem yesterday, does that mean that it does not exist? No, it only means it did not happen yesterday. So how do I know that the problem does exist? Because of the many many many complaints about it.
Old 2011-02-03, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
Large outfits with many CR5's in them can collaborate together to silence another CR5.
This.

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
The way to fix CR5 spam is managing the number of CR5's. One way would be that your command rank will slowly tick away and you'll lose your rank if you do not earn sufficient CEP to compensate for the loss of CEP.
And this.
Old 2011-02-04, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

I would think that we will likely see an overhaul to the command system in PSN. Who knows what that will look like but I doubt we will see free unlimited globals anymore.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-04, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I hope they don't change the player's ability to send tells to players from a different empire. The 'spying' and hate tells aside, this really helped to forge a good community.

And let's face it. It's good entertainment as well.

Old 2011-02-06, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KayOneElRoy
Private

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
I hope they don't change the player's ability to send tells to players from a different empire. The 'spying' and hate tells aside, this really helped to forge a good community.

And let's face it. It's good entertainment as well.

This was one of my favorite aspects of the chat system, I used to talk to the other empires as I got hammered by them. My PC was not so good so I could hardly play, but I could chat peeps up. I'll be disappointed if this is removed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion