Help building a new PC needed? £1000 budget! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only good sound I've heard from a bagpipe is it being shot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2011-10-02, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Help building a new PC needed? £1000 budget!

Going off the top of my head you should be able to fit this in:

Intel Core i5 2400/i7 2600 due to no plans on overclocking
Intel H61/H67 due to no plans on overclocking
Crucial M4 128GB
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
GSkill 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
HD 6970 or GTX 570
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
A good brand 650W PSU
Plenty of good options for a case from the CM 690 II to RV-02

If you are even considering multi monitor you will likely have to stretch your budget by £350 to allow for another GPU and better PSU.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-02 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2011-10-02, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Going off the top of my head you should be able to fit this in:

Intel Core i5 2400/i7 2600 due to no plans on overclocking
Intel H61/H67 due to no plans on overclocking
Crucial M4 128GB
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
GSkill 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
HD 6970 or GTX 570
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
A good brand 650W PSU
Plenty of good options for a case from the CM 690 II to RV-02

If you are even considering multi monitor you will likely have to stretch your budget by £350 to allow for another GPU and better PSU.
Cheers Goku,

that will give me a good base to start looking, so all these will work together with multiple progs running at one time?

thaks again for you time
Old 2011-10-02, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Yes all of them will work flawlessly together.
Old 2011-10-09, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks for your time Goku, and thanks for the other post about up and coming tech.

You have given me a good idea of what to look for and I appreciate your time

And when my new PC arrives ill be sure to update you with some feedback
Old 2011-10-09, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Traak
Colonel

If you are familiar with theinquirer.net, keep your finger on that pulse to see when new CPU platforms/dies are going to be launched, and when new GPU's are about to get out to retail.

This will help you not invest in the Old Technology minutes before the New Better Lower-Power-Consumption Far Faster Architecture came out. Ask me how I know.

Having established that a certain thing, such as the three-digit i7 CPU's are not going to go out of vogue seconds after you buy them, you can then find the best balance of price and performance.

The motherboard will often last longer than your CPU/GPU combo, so invest in a very good motherboard, as it will allow you to get decent overclocking settings available that will allow you to maximize whatever you do buy, with the RAM, GPU and CPU. Think of the motherboard as the foundation.

Next thing is the power supply. Nothing in your computer works without it. A bad power supply can toast a good computer. Make sure you have the wattage to handle your envisioned system.

You will notice, as you price out CPU's, that the very top of the line is usually dramatically more expensive than others of the same maker that are within ten percent of being identically priced. Take advantage of this, and save some money by not going for the i7 Extreme for example.

GPU's are usually hotly competitive, so prices for yesterday's champ fall off a cliff soon after today's reigning king is crowned.

Comb the review sites, and find out what is doing well, and find out if twin cards in SLI/Crossfire that are relatively cheap cards can run with single-card solutions that are of the same or greater price. If a single card will give you close to the same bang-for-the-buck, then get one. That way, as prices continue to fall, you can swiftly upgrade your GPU power by buying a second one later.

Similarly with the RAM. If your motherboard has four RAM slots, populate it with two sticks of RAM, one in each channel. This way, future upgrades with then-cheaper RAM, will result in twice the RAM without having to toss the existing RAM in the trash to make way.

If you don't have the dosh for a solid-state drive, get a hybrid with 500GB of platter plus 4GB of Flash RAM for a nice balance of price versus performance. If your motherboard supports RAID, a few smaller drives in RAID 0 can deliver a LOT more speed than one big drive. If you can afford three small drives, plus a backup, you can run RAID 5, which has speed plus data safety, whereas RAID 0 is all speed, and if you lose one drive, you lose everything on both. With RAID 5, if you lose on drive, you slap in a replacement same-spec drive, and the data is rebuilt by the remaining drives.

Get some cheap-as-chips DVD drive, whatever will allow you to load your software.

Get a budget Sound Blaster or whatever sound card. There are very inexpensive offerings that take a little bit of the load off the CPU for sound, and sound better, too.

I hope you already have a monitor. If not, better smaller and sharp than big and blotchy. You can always sit closer, but you can't improve the picture quality.

Get a mouse that has enough buttons on it that you rarely, if ever, have to move your hand off the mouse and home position on keyboard. If you mouse with the left hand, the numeric pad, with its linear-aligned keys, is your home spot.

The case needs to have adequate airflow to cool your toys, and fit everything in it without blocking airflow internally.

A rigid mouse "pad" like the SteelSeries rigid plastic pads with the rubber texturing applied to the underside are great for mousing accuracy, far better than cloth/rubber pads of yore. Shop, though, not all SteelSeries pads have the monolithic rigid plastic with textured rubber sprayed on the underside.

And there you have it.

As you balance your "sliders" between price in one spot and price in another, you will be able to see how much of what you can afford.

Future upgrades would include more RAM, another GPU card, a Network Interface Card that is made for gaming, and will prioritize gaming traffic, and, of course, the CPU.

The bus speed of the CPU will be important. Better to pay a bit more for a higher bus speed, so any RAM you buy today will not bottleneck your future, possibly faster-bus-speed CPU by operating at a lower bus speed. Bus speeds now are 1066 and 1333 MHz, for the Intel offerings.

Pricing things on Newegg.com

Motherboard: This motherboard comes with a 20GB SSD included, so you can cram Windows, Planetside, and whatever other stuff you want to be as fast as possible, and then have a regular jumbo HDD for the Other Stuff.

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Number of Memory Slots: 4×240pin
Memory Standard: DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066
PCI Express 2.0 x16: 2 (single at x16, dual at x8)
Onboard Video Chipset: None
Model #: GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD
Item #: N82E16813128505
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
$239.99
$229.99 with Rebate
Free Shipping

This processor has the Sandy Bridge architecture.
Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600
Series: Core i7
L2 Cache: 4 x 256KB
L3 Cache: 8MB
Manufacturing Tech: 32 nm
Model #: BX80623I72600
Item #: N82E16819115071
$299.99

RAM: Notice the low CAS latency of 7. Two sticks of RAM, enables two more later
ushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 997000
Cas Latency: 7
Voltage: 1.65V
Multi-channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit
Timing: 7-8-7-24
Model #: 997000
Item #: N82E16820226203
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
$99.99

Power Supply: this one is ready for crossfire (thus SLI) so it has all the power you need now, plus no straining and brownouts in the future, so to speak.

750 Watts

OCZ ZS Series OCZ-ZS750W 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Performance Power Supply
Fans: 1 x 135mm double ball-bearing fan
Main Connector: 20+4Pin
+12V Rails: Single
PCI-Express Connector: 2 x 6-Pin, 2 x 6+2-Pin
Model #: OCZ-ZS750W
Item #: N82E16817341049
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
was: $109.99
$99.99
$74.99 with Rebate

Video card: Prioritized price on this, because it has the greatest impact on game enjoyment
ASUS ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Core Clock: 782MHz
Stream Processors: 512 Processor Cores
Effective Memory Clock: 4008MHz
Model #: ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1
Item #: N82E16814121429
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
$499.99
$469.99 with Rebate
$7.87 Shipping

Solid State Drive: Affordable speed, SATA III interface, which is the NEW interface for storage, faster than SATA II, so your interface isn't choking your fast data from your solid state drive.

This drastically reduces data flow bottlenecks. Use this one to store applications that need speed, such as the OS, Planetside, your voice comms you may use aside from PS voice comms, your sound card software, you get the idea.

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$54.99
Cache: 32MB
Parts: 2 years limited
Labor: 2 years limited
Model #: ST31000524AS
Item #: N82E16822148697

Sound:
$99.99
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card
Audio Chipset: X-Fi
Sample Rate: 96KHz
Digital Audio: 24-bit
SNR: 109dB
Model #: 70SB088600002
Item #: N82E16829102019

So you can hear directional sound, and analyze threats based on direction. This one is extremely valuable in a FPS, especially if you are using AA, as airplanes announce their direction of attack long before they are near because their sound distance is so much further than other vehicles. These are not ultra-powerful, but the directional capability can save your spawn/life/kill streak.

Creative Inspire T6160 50 Watts 5.1 Speakers
Satellite RMS Power /ea: 6 Watts
Subwoofer RMS Power: 20 Watts
Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20KHz (Overall)
Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR): >75dB
Model #: 51MF4105AA002
Item #: N82E16836116049

Blu-Ray reader
SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo SATA Model SH-B123L LightScribe Support - OEM
12X BD-ROM
16X DVD-ROM
2 MB Cache
Also does regular DVD's and CD's.

Case:

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans-1x 230mm front RED LED, 1x 140mm rear, 1x 230mm top, and 1x 230mm side
With Power Supply: No
Power Supply Mounted: Bottom
With Side Panel Window: Yes
External 5.25" Drive Bays: 6 (without the use of exposed 3.5" drive bay)
Model #: RC-932-KKN5-GP
Item #: N82E16811119160
$159.99

I always go for the highest-level OS I can, the little perks it includes can save me quite a bit of money on extras, and it is my interface with the computer, so I figure I might as well make it as pleasant as possible.

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit - OEM
Disclaimer: Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows
Version: Ultimate
System Requirements: If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver Additional requirements to use
Packaging: OEM
Model #: GLC-01844
Item #: N82E16832116997
Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy
$189.99

But, you can go for some basic Windows if you like.

Even with Vista, the Photo Stitch feature I got as a result of having Vista Ultimate allowed me to create some gigantic stitched images, which expanded the capability of my camera to take vast scenes in great detail. I just figure the OS is something, like the motherboard, I don't like to skimp on.

So, there you have it, you can slide the quality/price/feature sliders up and down to get this all under your budget cap.

Or you can just work some overtime, and spend one less night out on the town. Once you know what to shop for, which is a result of just reading, watching, and learning, you will know a good price/feature ratio at a glance, and be able to minimize how much money you waste on stuff that is on the verge of being replaced by something that is more future-proof.

In general:
-USB 3.0,
-SATA III, aka SATA 6.0Gbps,
-Nvidia GPU: 580 series
-AMD GPU: HD 6000 series
-Blu-Ray DVD drive
-SSD, Solid State Drive, either included with motherboard or one you get it separately.
-RAM that has enough speed/latency to be useful beyond your present CPU. New CPU that has a higher RAM bus speed will require RAM that can clock to that speed.
-Lower CAS latency on the RAM is better. If you have two brands of RAM for a given price, and one of them has a latency of 12, the other 7, well, guess which one is better.

Edit: Oh, and a cooler for the CPU. Many of the better coolers use a liquid inside heat pipes that transfers heat more effectively to the cooling fins where the fan is mounted.

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking-Ready Intel Core i7 (six-core ready) & i5 Compatible Five 8mm Heatpipes Dual 120mm Fans Intel & AMD Universal CPU Cooler CLP0564
Type: Fan & Heatsinks
RPM: 1,200 - 2,500 RPM
Air Flow: 101.6 CFM (Max.)
Noise Level: 20 - 43 dBA
Model #: CLP0564
Item #: N82E16835106150
$57.99
Free Shipping

Last edited by Traak; 2011-10-09 at 09:12 AM.
Old 2011-10-09, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Shit the bed Traak, thats a fantastic post, not sure if it was a copy and paste or not, but with both your help I will be well on my way to building a super computer.

Good news is I have all the components (minus the tower) like, keyboard, mouse, mouse mat, monitors, 5.1 headset etc etc. So all my cash can go into the guts.
Old 2011-10-09, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
...Traak, thats a fantastic post, not sure if it was a copy and paste or not, but with both your help I will be well on my way to building a super computer.
Yeah, I finally figured out that you were actually looking for a more detailed answer, more of an instruction set with explanations than just generalities.

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Good news is I have all the components (minus the tower) like, keyboard, mouse, mouse mat, monitors, 5.1 headset etc etc. So all my cash can go into the guts.
I found the components on Newegg.com and cut and pasted what I found into place. But the writings are from my years of being a computer hot rodder. I even used Prestone yellow antifreeze for my coolant in my liquid-cooled tower computer, because the stuff that Koolance provided scummed-up with some kind of biogoop after a while. The Prestone sure didn't. And it looked GREAT glowing yellow in the pale-blue Chernobyl light of my cold cathode fluorescent light. (which puts out enough UV to really make fluorescent colors pop).

If you want to keep with the Vanu theme, you can have purple cold cathode lights in your case, and some clear fans that are lit with green LED's.

Like the fictitious Italian warplane of WWII that had a swivel seat so the pilot could switch sides in mid-war, you can always just have a switch to change your case lighting to red or blue and yellow as you play on different empires.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-10-09 at 08:56 AM.
Old 2011-10-09, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Traak there is a lot wrong with that build. You should not be doing pricing via Newegg as Super is form the UK.

The ram is overpriced. I got a 8GB DDR3 kit for $35 just last week.

Motherboard will not serve his purposes at all. He stated no overclocking, so hes spending money on a overclocking board for no reason. You are better off getting a regular SSD as a boot drive verse using the intel SRT too.

The 2600 does not help in gaming, its only nice to have if you have the left over budget. To top it off you got him a regular version and not a K one, so he will not even be able to overclock.

Really no reason to be using a 580 at his resolution. Better off with a 570 or 6970.

Wasting more money by using Ultimate offers him nothing verse what you can get from Premium.

I like people giving feedback on builds and all, but next time please format it better. Just put in the component then put in the address using the web tool and the price next to it. No reason to post all the extra stuff in there as it is hard to read through.

SuperMorto here is a build from Overclockers UK:

OcUK ATI Radeon 6950 2048MB GDDR5 - £199.99
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz - £175.99
Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB - £145.99
Silverstone Raven 2 RV02B Full Tower Case - £129.98
MSI P67A-G45 - £89.98
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - £79.99
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 650W - £73.99
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - £43.99
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - £37.99

Total: £977.90 (VAT included) + £13.75 = £994.40

You had room in your budget, so I went for a 2500K and P67 instead. It was about an extra £40, but it is worthwhile if you even overclock a year from now. You can get that to at least 4.5 GHz and last you a few extra years. The K series Sandy Bridge CPUs are very easy to overclock as well. Feel free to switch to another case that fits your taste too. That is as good as it is going to get given your budget I think unless things change if you end up ordering in a month or two.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-09 at 12:34 PM.
Old 2011-10-09, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Traak
Colonel

Traak there is a lot wrong with that build. You should not be doing pricing via Newegg as Super is form the UK.
He can price similarly wherever he is, and find what the local prices were.

The ram is overpriced. I got a 8GB DDR3 kit for $35 just last week.
Did it have a latency of 7? Was it 2 sticks of 4GB so he could put in 2 more later?

Motherboard will not serve his purposes at all. He stated no overclocking, so hes spending money on a overclocking board for no reason. You are better off getting a regular SSD as a boot drive verse using the intel SRT too.
The reason I liked this board was future-proofness, for future, higher bus speeds, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gbps, and the included SSD. Nice set of features and price. But, like all this stuff, it is an example, not a set-in-stone thing, by any means.

The 2600 does not help in gaming, its only nice to have if you have the left over budget. To top it off you got him a regular version and not a K one, so he will not even be able to overclock.

Really no reason to be using a 580 at his resolution. Better off with a 570 or 6970.
With 2-3 monitors?

Wasting more money by using Ultimate offers him nothing verse what you can get from Premium.
I specifically stated that was my preference, and that he might not find it necessary. And Ultimate does have features that Premium does not. So you are incorrect.

Further, by putting the full sprecs of each item, he could see the entire thing on this page.

This is how I shop.

I look at my budget, and see what is available, add it to my cart, and watch the tally as it goes.

Then, after filling my cart with whatever I need to get the job done, I see if I have gone over the budget.

If so, I decide on whether some stuff can wait, other stuff can be spec'd at a lower level.

If I notice, for example, a really good motherboard with built-in SSD is going to cut a substantial amount of cost off of having a good motherboard without a built-in SSD, plus and additional SSD, I can just kill two birds with one stone and get the motherboard with the SSD, and use the price difference for a far larger platter HDD that can also back up my stuff that may be on my SSD.

If I notice that the amount of RAM I want will be two slow, I can spec less ram that is faster, and wait for prices to drop so I can add more later.

Definitely, an overclockable CPU is great. If you ever overclock your CPU. I tweak everything I can, CPU, RAM timings, GPU, and networking.

However, if you know you will never, ever overclock your computer, then a motherboard that has whatever bus speeds available that might be cooked up at Intel in the future is also a good choice.

I definitely like to shop known name brands for video cards, so the one I buy today, I can add another to tomorrow, and the company will still exist. Same with the RAM. RAM that can go further up the bus speed scaled than what my CPU is at today is more future-proof than the cheapest sticks of RAM I can find that are lucky to be able to make it to today's RAM bus speeds.

And, as I make my choices, I look for whether my video card has the latest DirectX capability, as the next year's games will be coming out to match that. If I have a video card that only does DirectX 10, I lose the extra visual goodies that DirectX 11 would offer.

I look for future-proofness, scalability, and manufacturer's reputation.

Future-proofness usually involves having the latest socket for the CPU, latest USB speed, latest SATA speed, and latest DirectX capability with the video card.

Scalability: If I can get one very-high-quality, very-high-speed item, and then add an identical one later, I have just scaled my computer's capabilities up with ease.

Manufacturer: Usually the thing that rings the bell that something is of questionable quality is some unknown name. Then the fact that it claims to be in possession of X speed, but at X/2 price. I don't really want to deal with some unknown manufacturer (or, repackager, more accurately) so I will be more likely to not have problems and regrets, RMA's and time spent without a functioning computer.

I will go to the CPU section, look at the most expensive CPU that uses the latest architecture, then scroll down to the cheapest. Usually, you find a huge price drop between the top-line CPU and the almost-right-at-the-top CPU. I see how much percentage of performance or features I can expect. Does this CPU have 8MB of Level II cache, or only 6MB? If it's only ten bucks more for more cache, or a lot more speed, or, as Goku pointed out, overclockability, then I can prioritize that, instead of saving the ten bucks.

For video cards, I settle on how many monitors I want, and how many I want to be using to view the same thing at the same time. Does this video card even have the ability to run three monitors? And at what level of detail and graphic quality?

Having established that, I can then see how expensive or cheap a DX11 monitor is that can do that.

Storage: How badly do I want speed? In my case, very badly, as the hard drive has been THE bottleneck in system performance (as far as lag spikes, which are spots during which the HDD grinds you down to ridiculously slow framerates as it searches for info and presents it). I don't just want a single SSD, I want multiple SSD's in RAID zero configuration, for even MORE speed, or three in RAID 5 for speed and data security, or the two in RAID 0 backing up important data to a third, inexpensive HDD.

I usually start out with the Woo Hoo high-price gaming machine, then slide the prices down to where I find the best balance of performance, scalability, and reliability that I want to buy at that price range.

But, Goku's suggested motherboard will automatically detect overclockable limits of your hardware, so, in effect, it can self-overclock, so with that CPU and MoBo, you would have the benefits of overclocking, without having to manually tweak every single setting.

It's like a self-tuning car. Might win you over to the overclocking idea

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-10 at 08:38 AM. Reason: triple posting in a short period of time
Old 2011-10-10, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
He can price similarly wherever he is, and find what the local prices were.

That does not help him. People posting threads here say their needs and give a budget. If you want to help go to the site of the user's country in order to do so.

Did it have a latency of 7? Was it 2 sticks of 4GB so he could put in 2 more later?

Latency and speed ratings have nothing to do with performance these days.

The reason I liked this board was future-proofness, for future, higher bus speeds, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 Gbps, and the included SSD. Nice set of features and price. But, like all this stuff, it is an example, not a set-in-stone thing, by any means.

You cannot future proof any computer. No matter how hard you try. You can have useful features, but you will not get beyond that. Most boards come with USB 3.0/SATA III anyway. Why should a user get a 20GB SSD is beyond me. A 128GB one will allow a user to actually put a decent amount of apps and games on the SSD.

With 2-3 monitors?

A GTX 580 cannot run three monitors. With Nvidia you need SLI in order to achieve this. Only AMD cards can do 3 way monitor gaming with a single card.

I specifically stated that was my preference, and that he might not find it necessary. And Ultimate does have features that Premium does not. So you are incorrect.

To the typical user there is no need for Professional or Ultimate. No reason to recommend it as a result. If the user knows what they need they will know to go for that OS.

Further, by putting the full sprecs of each item, he could see the entire thing on this page.

That does nothing to help. Only adds a huge long post to the thread and clutter. You are better off linking the item to the webpage instead.
^^^

Last edited by Goku; 2011-10-10 at 08:33 AM.
Old 2011-11-10, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Cheers guys for all the comments, but to cut a long story short I may buy a system from this site, could you have a good look and see if the pricing is good, or are they taking my eyes out?

Cheers, remember the budget is £1000

Falcon Computers: http://www.falconcomputers.co.uk/generic/website.asp
Old 2011-11-10, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I never have seen that site before to be honest. If you are looking for someone to build your rig I suggest checking out overclockers.co.uk . Those guys seem pretty good with their prices from the builds I have done there and from what I can tell a good rep too.

You can do a configuartion from these systems here. I did a quick pricing of a 2500K and 6970 build with the price coming to around £879. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-11-10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2011-11-10, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I never have seen that site before to be honest. If you are looking for someone to build your rig I suggest checking out overclockers.co.uk . Those guys seem pretty good with their prices from the builds I have done there and from what I can tell a good rep too.

You can do a configuartion from these systems here. I did a quick pricing of a 2500K and 6970 build with the price coming to around £879. Take a look and tell me what you think.
you wont have, they are my local pc superstore (apart from PC world) i was just wondering if thier prices were any good? also ill take a look at OC, and the o9ther site you gave

thnx again
Old 2011-11-10, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Ok I see. I guess what it comes down to then is the price for assembly. The pricing on the components look roughly the same to me over all. At least if you have issues with the PC you can bring it right back to that local shop.
Old 2011-11-11, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Vancha
Colonel

Also, Scan.co.uk.

Overclock.co.uk
Yoyotech.co.uk
Memoryc.com

Various places might have better deals on particular items, or have something no where else has.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-11-11 at 12:45 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum