Looting system - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nano powered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.14 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-23, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Prexun
Private

Re: Looting system

Originally Posted by SztEltviz View Post
It is fun to go Rambo (the first movie) in the forest, killing one at a time then scavenge them to get ammo to kill the next.
Yea well this isn't Rambo, this is planetside 2. You're supposed to be working with your team.

Untrue, in PS1 there is vhacking and looting and you can't say there is no difference. It's rare to loot and hack.
Why can't I say there is no difference? And what kind of argument is "it's rare to loot and hack"? Does that mean it's fine because people don't do it that much?

Again it is in PS1, and no problem with friendly fire. BIG GREEN NAME TAG ON FRIENDLIES!!!!!!!!
Have you seen the PS2 E3 gameplay? Alot of friendly fire going on there because they didn't know what their factions' vehicles looked like and the little icon above them weren't so easy to see. Also caps lock won't help you win the argument.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Thumbs down Re: Looting system

Originally Posted by Prexun View Post
Yea well this isn't Rambo, this is planetside 2. You're supposed to be working with your team.

Why can't I say there is no difference? And what kind of argument is "it's rare to loot and hack"? Does that mean it's fine because people don't do it that much? Yes my suggestion would mean it is skill that takes points and rank to unlock.

Have you seen the PS2 E3 gameplay? Alot of friendly fire going on there because they didn't know what their factions' vehicles looked like and the little icon above them weren't so easy to see. Also caps lock won't help you win the argument.
Irrelevant E3 player had never seen the game before they were complete and utter noobs. They left the friendly fire in on purpose to force strategic thinking. It takes time to learn. You don't necessarily notice the green nametag over a friendly immediately. #andyourpointis?

This would in no way be spamable, and any spec you might have on your gun would be negated by the fact the you were completely untrained in the use of the new weapon. foregrips, scopes,and sights all gone. Unless you specifically spec alot of points into a particular enemy weapon for some strange reason.
In time you will see MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE
Old 2012-06-23, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
SztEltviz
Sergeant

There is PlanetSide. Where you're supposed to be working with your team. Yet it has looting and it's working.

And

This is a game. You're supposed to have fun. So, please don't tell me how should i play.

Why can't I say there is no difference? And what kind of argument is "it's rare to loot and hack"? Does that mean it's fine because people don't do it that much?
You can say anything, but if you say that being a TR who in 50 lives, uses MCG 49 times and Jackhammer once is the same as being NC who in 50 lives, uses Jackhammer 49 times and MCG once, then you are fool. There is difference, because it's rare to loot. If you could loot in your every second life easily a full loadout then you could say that the looting makes too similar the factions. But that's not true.

I saw it. They were total newbies, even teamkilling in the spawnrooms. That's not relevant. But if they can't see the nametag, the solution is not to drop the whole looting, but increase the size of the tag. Or make it bolder.
Caps lock was there because i already pointed out in this thread that there is the nametag.

Have you even played PS1? Did you have problems with recognizing your teammates?
Old 2012-06-24, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Prexun
Private

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
Irrelevant E3 player had never seen the game before they were complete and utter noobs. They left the friendly fire in on purpose to force strategic thinking. It takes time to learn. You don't necessarily notice the green nametag over a friendly immediately. #andyourpointis?

This would in no way be spamable, and any spec you might have on your gun would be negated by the fact the you were completely untrained in the use of the new weapon. foregrips, scopes,and sights all gone. Unless you specifically spec alot of points into a particular enemy weapon for some strange reason.
In time you will see MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE
"You don't necessarily notice the green nametag over a friendly immediately."
Well there you have it. If you can't see the nametag then what can you else do to identify the players? That's my point.

Also I don't care about the scopes and all that, planetside 2 just wouldn't be the same if everyone could run around with the same weapons. Because then what would be the difference between the three teams? The color of their armor? That's starting to sound like the Red vs Blue multiplayer on halo.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Prexun
Private

This is a game. You're supposed to have fun. So, please don't tell me how should i play.
I never told you how to play. I wrote "you should" work with your team because otherwise you're going to die very fast and the support class would be unnecessary. Also, your team wouldn't have that much fun if everyone's just going with "every man for himself".

You can say anything, but if you say that being a TR who in 50 lives, uses MCG 49 times and Jackhammer once is the same as being NC who in 50 lives, uses Jackhammer 49 times and MCG once, then you are fool. There is difference, because it's rare to loot. If you could loot in your every second life easily a full loadout then you could say that the looting makes too similar the factions. But that's not true.
There it is again, "because it's rare to loot". You're basically saying that it's fine to have scavenging in the game because people wouldn't use it that often. That's just like saying eating two cookies is fine because it's not as bad as eating four cookies.

Some of the noticeable differences between the factions in-game are:
- Different weapons
- Different vehicles
- Different armor
- Different playstyle ( for example the VS have to play differently because of their energy weapons)

Adding scavenging and hacking would remove three of these (and perhaps more). Another thing it would remove would be the feeling of being in a unique faction.

I saw it. They were total newbies, even teamkilling in the spawnrooms. That's not relevant. But if they can't see the nametag, the solution is not to drop the whole looting, but increase the size of the tag. Or make it bolder.
Caps lock was there because i already pointed out in this thread that there is the nametag.
I agree to that, if they'd add hacking they would also have to increase the size of the tags and icons. But they would never be able to completely remove that friendly fire problem, not with this lighting system. Have you played battlefield 3? If there's a friendly plane between you and the sun it'd be completely impossible to see the blue icon above him because of the light. The same thing will happen in PS2. I'm not saying that it's not going to be visible at all, but there's going to be alot of cases where it's slightly harder (or completely impossible) to see the icon or name.

But if it's not a problem to see the name it's still going to take a longer time to identify someone by looking at the color of his name rather than looking at the shape of his vehicle.

Have you even played PS1? Did you have problems with recognizing your teammates?
To be honest I never played planetside (shame on me :P), but I've seen some gameplay. From what I've seen there's no super bright light like there is in planetside 2.
Old 2012-06-24, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
SztEltviz
Sergeant

There it is again, "because it's rare to loot". You're basically saying that it's fine to have scavenging in the game because people wouldn't use it that often.
No, i said that to your "it wont be different empires" argument. I wouldn't mind if you could loot every time.

That's just like saying eating two cookies is fine because it's not as bad as eating four cookies.
Well, if we count eating cookies as a bad thing then eating less is lesser bad.
A lot of medicine is poison if you overdose it, but good for you if you use a small amount.

Some of the noticeable differences between the factions in-game are:
- Different weapons
- Different vehicles
- Different armor
- Different playstyle ( for example the VS have to play differently because of their energy weapons)

Adding scavenging and hacking would remove three of these (and perhaps more). Another thing it would remove would be the feeling of being in a unique faction.
Just weapons and vehs., the player armor doesn't change.
Playstyle change is good, if you can use a few times the other weapons, you can learn better counter moves.

I agree to that, if they'd add hacking they would also have to increase the size of the tags and icons. But they would never be able to completely remove that friendly fire problem, not with this lighting system. Have you played battlefield 3? If there's a friendly plane between you and the sun it'd be completely impossible to see the blue icon above him because of the light. The same thing will happen in PS2. I'm not saying that it's not going to be visible at all, but there's going to be alot of cases where it's slightly harder (or completely impossible) to see the icon or name.

But if it's not a problem to see the name it's still going to take a longer time to identify someone by looking at the color of his name rather than looking at the shape of his vehicle.
Even if the sun blinds you and can't see the nametag, you can still check the minimap. And I played from the start and never had problem identifying the enemy.

EDIT: And there are already a lot of vehicle that looks uniform, all the common pool!

Last edited by SztEltviz; 2012-06-24 at 10:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

No, i said that to your "it wont be different empires" argument. I wouldn't mind if you could loot every time.

Well, if we count eating cookies as a bad thing then eating less is lesser bad.
A lot of medicine is poison if you overdose it, but good for you if you use a small amount.

Just weapons and vehs., the player armor doesn't change.
Playstyle change is good, if you can use a few times the other weapons, you can learn better counter moves.

Even if the sun blinds you and can't see the nametag, you can still check the minimap. And I played from the start and never had problem identifying the enemy.

EDIT: And there are already a lot of vehicle that looks uniform, all the common pool!

This guy gets it
Old 2012-06-27, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
akiadan
Private

"When your running out of everything but the enemy, you are in combat."

I agree with this statement.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault