Weapon handling concerns. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real life is over rated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sir Talbot
Private

Weapon handling concerns.

Having been thoroughly disappointed with BF3 and BC2 for their horrible console style shooting mechanics, I'm concerned PS2 will also have this spray and prey, no skill quick tap firing rubbish.

You should have to drop a knee and the man with best shooting reflexes, technique and reaction time should win; NOT the man who side steps from side to side spraying like a moron. Obviously this is all relative; it's not such a problem at fairly close ranges but at medium to long range it's just daft.

In 2142, for example, which I think is the most underrated and overlooked multi -player FPS, the shooting mechanics are a whole level above BF2's. There is a distinct difference between the average players and the above average players in terms of infantry combat.

As a person who likes to ground pound (as an Assault class) and nothing else this is the most concerning area and I hope it does not get consolized or dumbed down.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Weapon handling concerns.

Consoles, as a rule, simply don't have the RAM needed to play MMOs when every character on screen is different.

And if the E3 gameplay footage is any indication, spray-n-pray loses to "short controlled bursts" outside of short range.

Sorry TR. Only not.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions