A few random QoL questions about PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trying to eat you since the dev met the T-Virus!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Netsurfer733
Private

A few random QoL questions about PS2

Hey all - the lady and I are psyched for the game (I'm an old vet, she's new) and we were curious about a few things, so I thought I'd put up a thread for you knowledgeable-types, if you're up for answering some random questions (even if it's an I don't know):

1. Will you be able to walk on foot? (I find it actually helps me line up shots)

2. Will there be a /e emote channel (for taunts and the like)?

3. Will you be able to go into third person whilst on foot (i.e. PS1)?

4. Will you be able to hack enemy vehicles?

5. Will you be able to scavenge enemy weapons?

6. Will you be able to trade anything with allies (say, aforementioned scavenged weapons or ammo)?

7. Will you be able to store said scavenged weapons in your inventory? (I used to store tons of TR Repeaters - absolutely loved that pistol, rofl)

8. Will enemies be able to hear your local chat (text) as in PS1?

9. Will you be able to customize your look *under* your armor? I.e. faces and the like?

10. Is there at least talk of an optional, story driven tutorial type thing for new players?

11. Will the story/background be represented *at all* in game, or in safe zones?

If they haven't said anything about any of these, feel free to say so [And yes I know the game isn't even in beta yet; I'm just looking for what we know so far.] We're just excited. And I hope you guys don't mind if I ask some other questions as I think of them in this thread, so I don't have to fill up the forum with stuff. The girl wants me to ask these things for her, to, after all.

So - who here thinks they know what's up?

Last edited by Netsurfer733; 2012-06-07 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Re: A few random QoL questions about PS2

Originally Posted by Netsurfer733 View Post
Hey all - the lady and I are psyched for the game (I'm an old vet, she's new) and we were curious about a few things, so I thought I'd put up a thread for you knowledgeable-types, if you're up for answering some random questions (even if it's an I don't know):

-Will you be able to walk on foot? (I find it actually helps me line up shots)

-Will there be a /e emote channel (for taunts and the like)?

-Will you be able to go into third person whilst on foot (i.e. PS1)?

-Will you be able to hack enemy vehicles?

-Will you be able to scavenge enemy weapons?

--Will you be able to trade anything with allies (say, aforementioned scavenged weapons or ammo)?

--Will you be able to store said scavenged weapons in your inventory? (I used to store tons of TR Repeaters - absolutely loved that pistol, rofl)

-Will enemies be able to hear your local chat (text) as in PS1?

-Will you be able to customize your look *under* your armor? I.e. faces and the like?

-Is there at least talk of an optional, story driven tutorial type thing for new players?

-Will the story/background be represented *at all* in game, or in safe zones?

If they haven't said anything about any of these, feel free to say so [And yes I know the game isn't even in beta yet; I'm just looking for what we know so far.] We're just excited. And I hope you guys don't mind if I ask some other questions as I think of them in this thread, so I don't have to fill up the forum with stuff. The girl wants me to ask these things for her, to, after all.

So - who here thinks they know what's up?
1. I doubt they'll implement walking on foot, especially in Beta. As a hardcore roleplayer this disheartens me, but this isn't a game built around roleplay, it's a game built around pew pewing people.

2. They've talked about adding emotes(/taunts) and even custom emotes for people who are willing to shell some cash. If they're present though, it doesn't look like they're implemented yet.

3. At the moment no, you cannot go into third person mode whilst on foot. This may be changed later but will likely stay as-is.

4. Again, this isn't a current feature. Hacking vehicles was a big deal in the original Planetside and as much as I hope that'll be making a comeback, it isn't a current feature in beta.

5. No, you're not allowed to scavenge any weapons at all at the moment, not even ammo. The inventory system is limited if even present (the game mostly depends on loadouts ala BF3) to preserve a fast gameplay pace.

6. See Above.

7. See #5.

8. Yes. VOIP between factions has been talked about a lot and based on what we've seen so far this is one feature I can definitely say is going to be present.

9. Not sure.

10. Not sure.

11. Definite no. The safe zones are pretty much just slightly oversized installations inside of warp gates. They might add a bit of the faction's theme to it but it usually won't be populated so don't count on it.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-10, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Re: A few random QoL questions about PS2

9: planetside1 lets you choose a face and gender so i'm pretty sure planetside2 will allow you to do this to.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions