Scout rifles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do it for Hamma!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Scout rifles

Im interested in playing infiltrator, very interested, but the question i have is about the other weapons besides sniper rifles they can use. I had read somewhere that they can use scout rifles as well as sniper rifles. Can anybody give me any details about these weapons? Are they basically singleshot semi auto rifles? If so then im great with that, some of my favorite weapons have been single shot semi auto rifles . But was just curious, ive been watching a ton of footage from e3 and various other footage but havent been able to find any information about that, so any information would be appreciated , thanks.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Scout rifles

They should have shotguns, rifles, and other tools. What we're seeing at E3 is fairly bare bones so don't take it as holy writ.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Really? They can use shotguns as well? Havent seen that anywhere, im fine with whatever the secondary is just was mainly wondering what a scout rifle was. thanks for the reply.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xaine
Major

Its been said they can use shotguns, yeah - but that might change. Stealth + shotgun seems a little... interesting? :P

Also, by the looks of it, you can customize your weapon to a pretty large extent. So if you want a big, single shot rifle or a faster firing semi-automatic one, you should be able to get what you want. There seem to be a while load of scopes as well, so honestly i think you'll be able to get what you want.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AirFell
Private

Nah, use shotty on recon in BF3 all the time, set a respawn beacon and tugs before you run in, die and run back in :P
Old 2012-06-10, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Sniper Rifles, Pistols, and SMGs where confirmed at one point. They are only testing to see if Shotguns fit with Infils
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-06-10 at 11:03 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Awesome, glad to hear about the smgs, thatll come in very handy for close quarters. Cant wait to play, god the wait is killing me lol.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by AirFell View Post
Nah, use shotty on recon in BF3 all the time, set a respawn beacon and tugs before you run in, die and run back in :P
Yeah i play recon alot too, love the m39 emr i think its called the modified m14, thats been my favorite gun of all time. Hoping i can find something similar in planetside.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Cuross
Master Sergeant

I remember it was mentioned that scout rifles were the mid range versions of full on sniper rifles. As Higby mentioned in an interview, they were high risk high reward. But then again, anytime the infiltrator is close enough to the enemy to warrant retaliation if he missed, it's gonna be high risk :P

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions