About Vanu weapons... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's the ultimate in PlanetSide resources.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-10, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WAAGHFACE
Private

About Vanu weapons...

So do they have no travel time or 'bullet' drop? I heard that instead of bullet drop, it just loses damage over ranger, but I haven't heard anything about the travel time.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMorton
Sergeant

Re: About Vanu weapons...

the current setup for the vanu weapons is very cool imo.

they have travel time (it appeared to be faster than the other weapons in the e3 streams, but I am not sure), but no bullet drop, they do lose damage over range.

the vanu weapons are the highest accuracy (and no drop), coupled with the highest recoil and medium damage/rof

personally, the coolest thing about them is that they appear to have no bullet spread.

Unlike the nc and tr weapons, when fired full auto, the vanu weapons appeared to never deviate from where the crosshair was pointed, even though the crosshair itself is thrown around by recoil.

This means that if you are skilled enough, you can completely compensate for the recoil and have near perfect accuracy even when firing full auto.

This is huge because no matter how good the NC and TR get at controlling their recoil, there will always be a random deviation that they cannot compensate for.

basically, VS is awesome.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by WAAGHFACE View Post
So do they have no travel time or 'bullet' drop? I heard that instead of bullet drop, it just loses damage over ranger, but I haven't heard anything about the travel time.

Thanks in advance.

They still have a travel time and are considered bullets that aren't affected by gravity but are still affected by accuracy of the weapon.

From what I saw the pulsar still had a blooming bullet pattern. Maybe I am wrong though.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-06-10 at 10:21 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
WAAGHFACE
Private

Ah thanks, I only played like a few hours of Planetside 1 and I chose Vanu. Then I looked at E3 streams, and I feel like the sovereignty is the one for me. Science, Technology and PROGRESS!!!
Old 2012-06-11, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrMorton
Sergeant

ok i lied

it appears that the spread takes a few bullets to kick in for all the factions, but the vanu players I was watching appeared to burst fire, which negated the spread, while some of the TR and NC players were just spraying...

VS is still the best

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions