Questions for the Developers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Beamers are not cars.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-05-27, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ImpKeeper
Private

Questions for the Developers

hi postet this on your facebook group too but i never got an answer

Hi question for the develepers!

in planetside 1 we had the option to craft our own classes sorta like customizing it with our own idea's of what Vehicles we wanted to mix with what gear and weapons and perks like hacking and support like the engineer or the medic

don't we get that in planeside 2 ?

or will there be an option for you implementing it in a later patch so we can use Custom classes if we want instead of say a medic or an infiltrator ?

one of my favorite moves was picking MAX Certification, Infiltrator suit, and when i got enough points for it hacking so i could hack enemy consoles. then i could sneak past people during a cross fire or while they ware not aware, and when i got past them hack there Console pick my MAX dual cycler,

Lock Down my Ancors, and watch people freeze in terror as they heard that sound,

already knowing what they ware thinking """ That sound ain't good! MAX!!?!?!? """

and then start mowing them down before they get a chance to turn around XD. and even if they did mange to get in a few hit or two, i'd still get atleast 4 or 7 people before i died XD

---

please oh please don't let such precious moments die out with planetside 1

i really really hope you will impediment a Custom class for veteran plays that know what the hell they are doing...

don't get me wrong i love the idea of making a class system for the people that don't know shit about there Certifications so they get an even ground on us old timers, but i really loved the freedom there was in Planetside 1, you could make your soldier like you wanted him to be

and if there was a vehicle you didn't like you ware not forced to take it, you could just avoid taking that vehicle if you didn't like say the ATV, or the Harasser or the Skyguard for that matter, you had the freedom to chose if you wanted

Only thing missing back then was Classes for the people who ware new and needed to to learn before they knew what certs to get

---

that is all i hope you have the time to answer my question i really put alot of heart into this Message

i have played it since release and as far as i recall i do have a 5 year annual badge XD, i might be remembering wrong

and yeah i was a TR at heart, but i had a faction on ech server so i also had a VS and a NC :P.

But TR was my main Faction
---

part of me inside would just really cry if i saw you destroy the idea of planetside by taking a World of Warcraft approach to the game, soo many games have been turned into that game its like a disease every game must have a class and stick to that class our freedom has been striped away from us

Same happened to Starwars Galaxies

Personally i would prefer if you did a "Call of Duty" approach on it

you have classes to start with, when you gained a few levels or some time or what ever you can start making your costume class, or you can keep playing your Classes if you wish to do that ..
Old 2012-05-27, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Re: Community Message from Matt Higby

in planetside 1 we had the option to craft our own classes sorta like customizing it with our own idea's of what Vehicles we wanted to mix with what gear and weapons and perks like hacking and support like the engineer or the medic

don't we get that in planeside 2 ?
Not as it was in Planetside 1. The classes are fixed with small customization options. This means you will not be able to e.g. mix sniping with heavy armor.

or will there be an option for you implementing it in a later patch so we can use Custom classes if we want instead of say a medic or an infiltrator ?
I don't think they will because it will defeat the purpose of the class system.

one of my favorite moves was picking MAX Certification, Infiltrator suit, and when i got enough points for it hacking so i could hack enemy consoles. then i could sneak past people during a cross fire or while they ware not aware, and when i got past them hack there Console pick my MAX dual cycler,

Lock Down my Ancors, and watch people freeze in terror as they heard that sound,

already knowing what they ware thinking """ That sound ain't good! MAX!!?!?!? """

and then start mowing them down before they get a chance to turn around XD. and even if they did mange to get in a few hit or two, i'd still get atleast 4 or 7 people before i died XD

---

please oh please don't let such precious moments die out with planetside 1

i really really hope you will impediment a Custom class for veteran plays that know what the hell they are doing...
We will see how this works during the beta. Even though I miss the mass customization options in PS1 when it comes to gameplay, Changing it into this might be interesting as well, because now it is more clear what role everyone has and it will promote more teamwork, because you cannot be every role as a single person simultaneously

and if there was a vehicle you didn't like you ware not forced to take it, you could just avoid taking that vehicle if you didn't like say the ATV, or the Harasser or the Skyguard for that matter, you had the freedom to chose if you wanted
The vehicle certs are still in the game
Old 2012-05-27, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shogun
Contributor
General

you can change class at any terminal, so i guess the "spawn tubes surprise max" will still be possible. as long as terminal hacking is still in the game. walk in as cloaker, hack terminal, change class to max, practice evil laugh. the classes are no mmorpg permanent classes.

the classes are more like the "favorite" slots from ps1 terminals. you just cannot combine every weapon as you like. so there is no heavy armored medic with gluegun and av weapon at the same time. but you are still free to change classes like you could change armors in ps1. so at least there is no WoW like class lockdown.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-27 at 06:32 AM.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ImpKeeper
Private

ah thanks i guess that answered my worries XD.

just a last question so The vehicle certs work for all classes ?, given that your armor can fit in the vehicle ??

like say if you pick infiltrator you can sit in all vehicles ?
Old 2012-05-27, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ImpKeeper View Post
ah thanks i guess that answered my worries XD.

just a last question so The vehicle certs work for all classes ?, given that your armor can fit in the vehicle ??

like say if you pick infiltrator you can sit in all vehicles ?
I know that the light assault can enter all vehicles, while MAXs and heavy assault cannot of course. I do not know what the limitation is on ATV and how it works with medics, cloakers and engineers, because all the footage that we have seen where the player entered vehicles is where the player is a light assault.
However, I imagine that medics, engineers and cloakers will be able to enter all vehicles as well, as I cannot come up with a reason why they shouldnt be
Old 2012-05-27, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ImpKeeper
Private

well that was not realy my question i played planetside 1 and i know how vehicle's work that you cant sit a max on a ATV or a harasser XD. and i imagen what would happen if one tryed the thing would get destroyed XD

but seriously tho

my question was. if vehicle certs is in the game. do thay spand out over all your classes then ?

So lets say i pick an infiltrator now, and i pick a medic 15minuts later ?. do i still get the same vehicle's given my armor can fit in it ?

Or how do the The vehicle certs work ?
Old 2012-05-27, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ImpKeeper View Post
well that was not realy my question i played planetside 1 and i know how vehicle's work that you cant sit a max on a ATV or a harasser XD. and i imagen what would happen if one tryed the thing would get destroyed XD

but seriously tho

my question was. if vehicle certs is in the game. do thay spand out over all your classes then ?

So lets say i pick an infiltrator now, and i pick a medic 15minuts later ?. do i still get the same vehicle's given my armor can fit in it ?

Or how do the The vehicle certs work ?
Yes, as far as we know, your certs are fixed over all classes. There will not be a custom cert composition with every class.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shogun
Contributor
General

also you don´t need to cert to get a vehicle anymore. all vehicles can be used from the start without certing! you just cert in special stuff for a vehicle like gun sidegrades, countermeasures, hood ornaments, etc.

so there is a lot more freedom when it comes to piloting any vehicle than we ever had in ps1. the basic vehicles are certfree for everybody, but they cost ressources to spawn now.

and i might be wrong, but i think i have seen total biscuit flying an aircraft as engineer, so i think it´s only max and maybe heavy assault that may be restricted as pilots/drivers

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-27 at 10:34 AM.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gogita
Master Sergeant

What are you serious? You don't need to cert for vehicles anymore? I want to read the source of that
Old 2012-05-27, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
What are you serious? You don't need to cert for vehicles anymore? I want to read the source of that
Been sort of common knowledge for a long time now. Cant recall in which all videos/interviews its been mentioned on, but it has 100% been mentioned.

But can't recall them confirming that HA wouldnt be able to enter most vehicles as driver, although Id sure hope that

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-05-27 at 10:52 AM.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Been sort of common knowledge for a long time now. Cant recall in which all videos/interviews its been mentioned on, but it has 100% been mentioned.

But can't recall them confirming that HA wouldnt be able to enter most vehicles as driver, although Id sure hope that
Dang, I missed some information then O

Anyway, the HA part was confirmed by TB I thought in his last video about maxes.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

i am not sure, but i think it was in one of the QAs. and it was mentioned again in one of the gdc interviews.

all basic weapons and vehicles will be certfree. so getting a galaxy will not be limited by the number of certed pilots anymore, but by the amount of ressources it will swallow to spawn one. so ressource-rich players can donate a gal but don´t have to pilot it as well. that´s a nice thing.

Old 2012-05-27, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post

if you listen to TB videos he talks of certs been redesigned to be more restrictive or something, so all of what we know can be thrown out the window as of now.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions