Choosing a faction for new player - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: against SOPA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-05-29, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Re: Choosing a faction for new player

My friend got me into Planetside, and so he sold it to me this way:

NC = Shotguns and Easymode
TR = Moar Bullets and Normalmode
VS = Lasers, flying tanks, and all the coders are VS, Coding is cool.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rare Raisin
Private

I really don't know which faction I'll side with yet. Something i'm pretty sure of, is that in the night fights seeing crazy amounts of laser beams being shot in my general direction is going to be pretty intimidating.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

As it stands right now, I'm leaning towards TR for several reasons. I've never played planetside, so I have decided to try and play them in order of least favorite -> favorite and see if my opinion changes along the way. In other words, I'll start at VS, then try out NC and then TR.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
tdopz
Private

Originally Posted by Gelmorn View Post
I could see that being a big factor, as well as what ever faction your friends are playing, but I was wondering what kind of back story, info about the gameplay and vehicles of each faction, and if images of the armor, weapons, and vehicles the factions will be given to help new players decide which one to choose. Because for a lot of people, each of those factors will greatly impact their decision for long term faction loyalty.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g.../view/features

Exactly what you are looking for are in the interviews for each faction found at that link.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
maskedskull
Sergeant

I'm still trying to decide but it will most likely be NC, however as someone who kind of wants to be a pilot the VS has the maneuverability that I would like
Old 2012-06-06, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chowley
Corporal

Unfortunately I just cannot make my mind up about what faction to go for Months later still stumped.

I cannot help comparing the factions planes in PS2 to attack helicopters in BF2, I dont know why. The NC seems to remind me functionally of the Havoc in BF2, the VS reminds me of the Cobra and the TR aircraft reminds me of the Chinese WZ-10, which is my favourite, but I am strangely put off by TR. Gah!
The aircraft will probably become my main focus in PS2 outside of groundpounding.

Im cracking up
For some reason I am drawn to NC but then looking at the streams for some reason I hated the voiceovers, cant put my finger on why. VS might just be a comfortable compromise, although I really only like the Scythe out of that faction, aesthetically anyway. Well beta (soon? got my key) may decide for me anyway hopefully.

Oh and sorry, I know all the vets on here are sick of Battlefield references, I cant help it

Last edited by Chowley; 2012-06-06 at 12:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
TeaLeaf
Corporal

I've decided to go with TR. Mostly because:

1) They look the nicest to me. NC look okay but bright blue makes them seem more like toys, and the Vanu are just... eww.

2) The TR's dark side isn't as bad as the other two factions for me. The NC leadership is corrupt and self-interested while the Vanu are religious zealots. The TR may not be perfect but they seem like they have the greatest potential to transform into a faction actually worth considering "good".

3) Their standard assault rifle has 100 rounds per clip.

4) MINIGUNS!
Old 2012-06-07, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AirFell
Private

Originally Posted by Alderego View Post
Hmm, I recall seeing a graph about speed of fire, accuracy, etc per faction on this forum yesterday or the day before.

It looked like a picture taken from a real life poster/projection. I'll see if I can't dig it up with my browsing history, though chances are one of the vets will instantly remember where it is and post it here
This?

Old 2012-06-08, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

You could just make a guy on each one and try out all the weapons/see if you find an outfit you really like.

Hey, as long as were talking about factions, how do you set your faction flag in the top right corner of your posts?
Old 2012-06-08, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
One part of the training was that you had to get out of and then deploy an AMS without getting back in. You cannot physically do this.
You used to deploy the AMS by getting out and accessing what is now the matrix panel.

Old 2012-06-08, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I sometimes wonder how it would have been if TR or NC were under pop that week.
You would be having alot more fun.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-09, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Morphic
Private

Vanu is where it's at. I started Vanu back in PS1 and never looked back to any other factions. Loved them. Very cool looking and sleek style. Love da purples!
Old 2012-06-10, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

I'm planning on VS since I figured they would be the underdogs but I'm seeing a lot of Vanu love on these forums. Almost seems like NC will be the new underdog.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions