PS2 FOV support? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: = Santuary
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Surprise
Private

PS2 FOV support?

what the title says, I have searched this forum and reddit and haven't found an answer. I get sick at fov's lower then 85, it doesn't help that I use 1920x1200(16:10) with more vertical space then 1920x1080(16:9)
Old 2012-06-07, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
maskedskull
Sergeant

Re: PS2 FOV support?

Honestly, if it isn't in I would be very surprised.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Not entirely sure on this - when I played a couple weeks back I don't recall seeing an option for it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-07, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Surprise
Private

Originally Posted by maskedskull View Post
Honestly, if it isn't in I would be very surprised.
I wouldn't, fov is one of those things that gets overlooked a lot. TB gave the darkness 2 tons of crap for not having an fov option(not to mention the darkness 2 was just a console port), meanwhile he overlooked the pitiful fov slider in Red orcestra 2 70-75 on a fov slider is not acceptable especially from a pc centric dev, to get a proper fov in Red Orcestra 2 you had to do an ini edit, even after the game of the year patch its 80-85, metro 2033 did the same thing but its fov was 45, no for real 45!!!! even worse is the STALKER series you have to download a 'fov changer' to get a proper fov.

Last edited by Surprise; 2012-06-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
maskedskull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I wouldn't, fov is one of those things that gets overlooked a lot. TB gave the darkness 2 tons of crap for not having an fov option(not to mention the darkness 2 was just a console port), meanwhile he overlooked the pitiful fov slider in Red orcestra 2 70-75 on a fov slider is not acceptable especially from a pc centric dev, to get a proper fov in Red Orcestra 2 you had to do an ini edit, even after the game of the year patch its 80-85, metro 2033 did the same thing but its fov was 45, no for real 45!!!! even worse is the STALKER series you have to download a 'fov changer' to get a proper fov.
Oh I know that, but considering this has been built from the ground up as a PC game the expectations for it are significantly higher.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Surprise
Private

Originally Posted by maskedskull View Post
Oh I know that, but considering this has been built from the ground up as a PC game the expectations for it are significantly higher.
Thats why I am bringing this up because this question hasn't been asked anywhere.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
elsnakeo
Private

That's a very good question. I can hardly play anything that's not around 90 or I get a little motion sick sometimes.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Higby has said in the past that it would support changable FOV. if Im not mistaken he said it would range from 70 to 90 or something along those lines. Will look and see if I can find where he mentioned it.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ght=change+fov

thats thread where it is referenced. Dont feel like digging through Higbys twitter history to see if I can find the exact tweet though.

Last edited by Ieyasu; 2012-06-07 at 10:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nasher
Sergeant

I hate small FOVs, they do it on consoles because the hardware can't handle having more on screen. Using huge weapons is also a tactic to reduce what is being rendered. Problem is developers have taken to using it on PC as well where it isn't needed

On PC it should always be between 85 and 95 or it doesn't look right.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I hate small FOVs, they do it on consoles because the hardware can't handle having more on screen. Using huge weapons is also a tactic to reduce what is being rendered. Problem is developers have taken to using it on PC as well where it isn't needed

On PC it should always be between 85 and 95 or it doesn't look right.
I think the lower fov on consoles is also done as a result of how far away people sit from the screen. With computers people are usually only a couple feet away from the screen, but with consoles people usually sit farther back so the turning seems more natural with the lower fov.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

i have brought it up a couple of times,on PS2 Twitter and Facebook,and no answer from either,my screen resolution is 5760 x 1080,so FOV is kinda important when it comes to 3 screens,the 2 side screens really stretch out,and looks horrible,you see something in your side screen that looks like its right on top of you,then when you turn and look at it on the center screen,it looks 20 feet away
Old 2012-06-07, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roidster View Post
i have brought it up a couple of times,on PS2 Twitter and Facebook,and no answer from either,my screen resolution is 5760 x 1080,so FOV is kinda important when it comes to 3 screens,the 2 side screens really stretch out,and looks horrible,you see something in your side screen that looks like its right on top of you,then when you turn and look at it on the center screen,it looks 20 feet away
Ive been waiting to hear if the game will support eyefinity or surround vision. When I heard it said that the game would support up to 90 fov I was a bit let down, but I would hope they would allow those of us who have systems that are running 3 screens to be able to use them properly. The days of viewing fov adjustment as an unfair disadvantage should be over by now. that kind of crap reminds me of the time I was called an exploiter for buying a widescreen monitor because my friends couldnt afford one at the time.

like Planetside 2 has been saying at E3 this year. Size Matters and Play your way.

I dont do twitter, but maybe you could ask Higby on his twitter feed and see if he responds instead of just askign on the PS2 one.

Last edited by Ieyasu; 2012-06-07 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
even worse is the STALKER series you have to download a 'fov changer' to get a proper fov.
hhmmm.... using FOV limitation in order to induce tunnel vision and panic... I like it, works well with a horror/survival title. (I still love stalker, first was made me nearly wet myself several times.)
Old 2012-06-08, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Nash
Private

Bumping this thread for great justice!
I REALLY hope that you''ll be able to change your fov. Doesn't have to be a ridicliously high number like 120 or so, but the low fov settings give me motion sickness and headaches in alot of games
Old 2012-06-09, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

well i hope they do it right,iRacing so far has been the only game i found that has it right,when it comes to multi monitor support

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions