Shot out of cockpit? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your in good hands now
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AirFell
Private

Shot out of cockpit?

Will we be able to shoot players out of cockpits?

(sorry if there is already a thread, I did a search but nothing relevant came up)
Old 2012-06-07, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shot out of cockpit?

Originally Posted by AirFell View Post
Will we be able to shoot players out of cockpits?

(sorry if there is already a thread, I did a search but nothing relevant came up)
Not that we've seen. I say if you are skilled enough to do it, you deserve it. Would also inspire a cool cert: "Bulletproof Cockpit: Can't be shot out of your cockpit."
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-06-07, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AirFell
Private

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Not that we've seen. I say if you are skilled enough to do it, you deserve it. Would also inspire a cool cert: "Bulletproof Cockpit: Can't be shot out of your cockpit."
Nice, copy/paste into the suggestions thread!
Old 2012-06-07, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Cheetah
Private

I read in one of the recent previews from some internet zine (can't remember which one), that ejection (parachute maybe) would be an upgradable option for at least some of the air crafts... so that's a "yes". The player had already jumped out when he asked the question, and luckily landed on a slope that saved his life. That seems a little too cartoonish however, but apparently was what happened!
Old 2012-06-07, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AirFell
Private

Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I read in one of the recent previews from some internet zine (can't remember which one), that ejection (parachute maybe) would be an upgradable option for at least some of the air crafts... so that's a "yes". The player had already jumped out when he asked the question, and luckily landed on a slope that saved his life. That seems a little too cartoonish however, but apparently was what happened!
nah, was more referring to killing someone piloting being killed via gun
Old 2012-06-07, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You should be able to Rambo Knife Decapitate someone on an ATV.

Old 2012-06-11, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Soyokaze
Corporal

It doesn't come up much, but I really do want Planetside to cover all the bases BF3 does

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu
Old 2012-06-11, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MedicDude
Private

I'd rather the cockpit actually protect you, this isn't Battlefield.
It's not really sniper shots i'm worried about, but those errant .50+ cal rounds from enemy vanguards.

Add: In the original PS1 you could not, this will likely be the case in PS2. Further, it really doesn't add much to strategy or tactics. Your target as a sniper will be enemy infantry (squishies) not aircraft, working on splattering brains on the ground first, and if you ever manage to run out, let me know, I want you in my outfit.

Last edited by MedicDude; 2012-06-11 at 06:12 PM.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ductape
Private

I was thinking more about that rare occasion where you land on top of the enemy gal (like what happened in E3) and shoot the pilot from 2 feet away
Old 2012-06-12, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ratstomper
Major

You don't think they have bulletproof glass in their cockpits?
Old 2012-06-12, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I hate being shot out of the cockpits in BF3. It makes sense realistically (kind of) but I just think since this is a game not real life it works better to just allow the vehicles health and armor values to work out and not allow a vehicle headshot of sorts.
Old 2012-06-12, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I hate being shot out of the cockpits in BF3. It makes sense realistically (kind of) but I just think since this is a game not real life it works better to just allow the vehicles health and armor values to work out and not allow a vehicle headshot of sorts.
Not even realistically. Hitting glass would totally change the trajectory of a bullet, assuming the glass isn't reinforced (which is almost certainly would be) and the bullet makes it through at all.

I don't like the idea of it. It sounds too ridiculous and halo-esque for my tastes. Not what planetside is about, imo.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Da-Fort
Private

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I remember it was also in BF2. Only managed to do it once at really long distance. Sharqi, shooting from the construction area to a chopper capping TV station.

We do not know how much power are behind those bullets so it might be able to penetrate the window. It does not have to be an outright kill. If it not added, nothing lost.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions