Capture Point Mechanics/Function? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I swear I don't speedhack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AirFell
Private

Capture Point Mechanics/Function?

After catching up on all the E3 videos, I think I missed something.

I was under the impression that the multiple capture points in bases would have specific functions they would control, not just meaningless "gotta cap em all"

Example:

Hacking Terminal A turns off base sheilds
Hacking Terminal B turns off turrets
Hacking Terminal C won't let them spawn
Hacking Terminal D won't let them spawn aircraft
Hacking Terminal E won't let them spawn tanks
ect...

Kind of putting priority to specific pieces of a base for capturing it as a whole.

Am I wrong? It didn't look like this was how it is in the E3 gameplay.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Re: Capture Point Mechanics/Function?

Alot of the gameplay at e3 i think was just to show off the engine and give an example of the gameplay. It may still be that way they may just not have enabled it for the demo. I think i remember higby saying once those outposts outside the base would effect things sort of like what you described above. Im not positive but just throwing that out there. Im really hoping for a lot of those kinds of tactical options too, so the more they can add as far as im concerned the better. Games going to be a lot of fun even without it, but if they do add it it will be that much better.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-11, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Higby mentioned that they wanted to add additional benefits to specific capture points but did not indicate whether it was in the game.

E3 was also simplified and streamlined for a game demo, including reducing the number of capture points, removing timers, and putting temporary staging areas for each empire around the facility. Everything you saw was through the demo lens.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
maskedskull
Sergeant

Yeah, it was said numerous times that the E3 demo was pretty streamlined (which was good allowed people to try out the engine and the basic mechanics without bogging them down in things they didn't understand).

I'm fairly new to this community and there is still a lot of Planetside 2 I don't know about but I do like the ideas outlined above. Increases the tactical elements I'm interested in
Old 2012-06-11, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
megamold
Second Lieutenant

the way i understand it this will be in the game at launch ( maybe not in beta? ) since everytime i heard higby talking about it he said "will" not "might" or "maybe" or "eventually"
it just might not have been active for e3 or not very noticable.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions