More Lodestar Tidbits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We like it raw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-25, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thumbs up More Lodestar Tidbits

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=663

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-25, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

only one! bummer, oh well a you can fit small tings in gals anyway, its the tanks that need flying

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-25, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

*2nd , looks nice and its probably going to be bundeled Galaxy cert , and with the hart timer reduction i see more galaxies in the future! Thank you Dev Team!

And the AMSes
Old 2003-11-25, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

There will be some good news regarding certifications tomorrow. I just love this evil game I play...
Is it just me or could this be something even bigger than the Lodestar? Oh those devs are so cruel and yet so kind.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-25, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Remember, people can go inside the vehicle that is in the Lodestar, hence, full Sunderer.

Fixing certs? Weeehooo!
Old 2003-11-25, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I'm really excited about the rearm/repair feature.

I think every continent has only 1 dropship center, therefore this will make it a bit easier on the other 2 empires who don't happen to possess that single base.
Old 2003-11-25, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

Yeah they certainly will change the battle dynamics on a lot of continents like Cyssor, Hossin, Amerish and Forseral where one side gets the dropship centre with hardly any effort, and the other side has a crippled air force due to the scant amount of air towers.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rarzo
Sergeant

I wonder if it can carry a reaver... or mosquito. I know it would be useful in some situation. I can't think of any right now. The Lodestar would be better if it could drop some sort of bomb, I think. But that would make it better than the Lib. Well that will never happen...It's fun to think about though.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

Oh it can drop bombs alright... AMS and Sunderer bombs.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Doop
Major

I just realized. What if an AMS was in a Lodestar, went over an Amp Station (not a Techplant, or it would deconstruct because of the airpads) and dropped? Spawn point right at the CC. Uh-oh spa-fucking-gettios.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Doop
Uh-oh spa-fucking-gettios.

The sheer speed that the base would be pwnzed at, even WITH full defenses and a zerg present, is almost CRIMINAL.
Old 2003-11-25, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rarzo
Sergeant

Yes, in a few days, we will be seeing Prowlers rain from the sky...
Old 2003-11-26, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jagd
Major

I don't think you deploy an AMS on top of buildings.
Old 2003-11-26, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ait'al
Contributor
General

But can you deploy the AMS cloak feild in the bay and then fly. And leave just enough room for hte cockpit to see out. Hence it only haveing thin bars around it. which means cloaker pilots. then you fly is over a small platoon of men and drop the Ams right on ther heads killing them instantly and blowing hte rest up. Precision AMS bombing

Imagine the horror as that big fat thing "uncloaks"(the AMS feild is no longer around it) and a then all they see is the growing size of the underside of an AMS thats about to land on them and explode.

Oh wait, theyd never see the ams coming!

Edit: remember they said you can hit G at any time and dump the vehicle. So you dont have to wait for it to land.

Which means it needs to be in the AMS Router cert so you can get your own drive it in the bay deploy it hit G and have the vehicle be picked up or get out get in to the lodestar and have it pick it up and off you go.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 01:40 AM.
Old 2003-11-26, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jagd
Major

Based on the fact that vehicle passengers loaded into the Galaxy can't exit their personal vehicle, fire weapons, or even see the correct view from the vehicle, I doubt you will be able to deploy an AMS or use any vehicle features while riding in the Lodestar cargo bay.

It's also something of a balance issue. Since the Lodestar alone will likely change game tactics dramatically, they'd be pushing it pretty far to allow Sunderers to fly AND shoot, let alone AMSes that can spawn troops directly onto enemy bases.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion