PS2 Base Design - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Magical
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-12, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wahooo
Captain

PS2 Base Design

I keep getting more and more infuriated with the general base design and how they just don't seem to match the game mechanics.

This change to tech plants is silly. Can you imagine how un-fun a PS1 dropship station would be to defend if the generator were in the building the air term was in?

meh... I started typing all of the general issues I have but there is just so much that frustrates me about the bases, but more the lack of the meta-game how there is no benefit to REALLY try and save a base, and there really is no way to accomplish it, a last second gal drop to re-secure.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Beerbeer
Major

Re: PS2 Base Design

I wish they would just build all new bases then patch them in one continent at a time.

Vehicles shouldn't be able to camp critical objectives or spawn points, at all IMO.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Was about to post this:

How one could do outpost spawns as well.

Will post a further description in the morning. Sorry about the wireframe, is a bit hard to read maybe.

Beats a two exit spawnroom of 12 square meters, doesn't it? >.>

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-14 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
...Vehicles shouldn't be able to camp critical objectives or spawn points, at all IMO.
This is the big one IMHO. This and the seemingly forced fragmentation of the flow of the fight. Planetside had(has) a linear progression to it which added weight to the feeling of...well, progression.

Last edited by bpostal; 2012-12-12 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Spelling etc
Old 2012-12-12, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crator
Major General

Only issue with that Figment is it's all in one area. What's the rest of the base used for? I really don't see how they can use all areas of the bases without redesigning them by adding some underground tunnels from the spawns to the SCU and CC.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Timealude
Captain

Right now, I feel this change to the tech plant was made because of the huge amount of farming that was done this weekend at them. This imo wasnt a good change simply because now the game causes even more tank spam there there already was. In fact if you have enough tanks and a few sundys you count take a tech planet in 10 minutes easy. This is way too fast imo and at this rate I will start growing very bored simply because there are only two capture strategies now. If anything they should have made tech plants even harder to take because of how much of a bonus they give compared to the bio labs and amp stations.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Only issue with that Figment is it's all in one area. What's the rest of the base used for? I really don't see how they can use all areas of the bases without redesigning them by adding some underground tunnels from the spawns to the SCU and CC.
The rest? That's basically courtyard and outer perimeter.

Tunnels could be added too, the above is a minimal change to the current design.
Old 2012-12-12, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

^ Well, that was just one type of base, right?
Old 2012-12-12, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
^ Well, that was just one type of base, right?
Just a sample.

Layout could be different too, with spawns in the place where I put the CC now, for instance and CC in SCU area (would require different entrances).

Last edited by Figment; 2012-12-12 at 08:06 PM.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Beerbeer
Major

There's really no point in being infantry in this game, other than to shoot at vehicles as an HA because you're stuck or are a masochist and enjoy being farmed by vehicles.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Just a sample.

Layout could be different too, with spawns in the place where I put the CC now, for instance and CC in SCU area (would require different entrances).
Cool. I'm down for anything that doesn't allow vehicles spawn camping, varied locations of SCU/spawns/CC with slight advantage to defenders. I like your concept. Just they are going to have to build some dang tunnels or something for some of this. To spread out things in some places. Not everyplace has to be the same though.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

Do notice I picked this building in part due to the catwalk options on the first floor (already catwalks there in most outposts with this building, or a balcony).
Old 2012-12-12, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Beerbeer
Major

The only good thing about crappy base design and a vehicle heavy content, is that I was smart not buying infantry weapons or wasting certs in them, lol.
Old 2012-12-12, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

PS: One could consider an AA turret mid top, and some AV turrets on some corners.

(See PS1 towers)
Old 2012-12-12, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

/copypasted from official forums

UberBonisseur asks, with pics demonstrating how absurdly easy this makes things for the attacker:

@Arclegger: You added jump pads. Again. Why ? Take Allatum (Biolab) You have elevators below the pads. Why do you chose jump pads located at 200+ meters over elevators ? Are human cannonballs so much better than actually fighting for ground until you reach the facility? Do you despise ground play so much ? Do you really prefer wide arrays of no-man's land over a good fight ?

Teleporters located in satellites were bad enough. Now we have both Pad access and teleporters located there. Do you really want to turn "Defense" in "Active offense", as your only chance to win is to take back the bases around and not holding the base itself?

Arclegger's bland reply:

I appreciate your concern, but every Biolab in Amerish and Esamir had this functionality for weeks and we have just streamlined the Indar bases to have similar functionality.

Thanks.

It's official, gents. They want Zergside; they're DESIGNING Zergside. 100% offense, all the time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion