Rocket Launcher for the Engineer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the Thunderer!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-17, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Rocket Launcher for the Engineer

While I was feeding my Siberian Tiger, I though to myself, should the engineer somehow use the AV rocket launchers that the heavy assault uses? A good thing to do is to make it so that the engineer has to swap his primary weapon for a rocket launcher, there-by making him have a weakness against infantry. Would add to the fortification possibilities of the engineer. I honestly don't care whether he gets one or not, I just want to know what you think of its pros, cons, uses, and possible exploitations.
Old 2012-06-17, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Re: Rocket Launcher for the Engineer

No.

Because then Engineers would drive tanks, hop out when its near dead, fire a rocket, kill the enemy, then repair their tank.

Currently, a HA will drop out and kill the enemy..but at least he can't repair!
Old 2012-06-17, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Yeah that's a good point, but I think I like the idea of special classes being better with certain vehicles, sort of like the Light Assault being a good pilot, since you can bail with him without dying.
Old 2012-06-17, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Azren
Sergeant Major

Being able to survive your vehicle does not make you a good pilot in my opinion. Now being able to extend your vehicle's operating time does. For this I am pretty sure most pilots and drivers will be engineers.

Here is the deal with engis; if you give him silly powerups like rocket launcher, it will result in them being nerfed on other frotns. Fronts that matter for the class, like deployable effectivenes. So no, do not give them anything more than a sub mashine gun or pistol.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Virulence
Sergeant

While we're at it, why don't we advocate for players to be able to just mix and match abilities from all of the different kits with sensible limitations instead of having restrictive classes?

Huh. Shit, that's a good idea.
While the union makes us strong.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pepsi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
No.

Because then Engineers would drive tanks, hop out when its near dead, fire a rocket, kill the enemy, then repair their tank.
Oh, you mean like BF!

Yeah, I don't want that either.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Please no. I always hated situations in a certain game when I wanted to repair some stuff or put down some defense and afterwards was stuck with a RPG and a sidearm.

Keep the assault weapons to the assault classes please, and just give the support classes a decent rifle.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

I think weapons loadouts are pretty solid right now. Its good as is with Heavy Assault.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
I has a bucket
Private

When I clicked this thread I thought you were going to be talking about a deployable missile launcher or something. One of those would be pretty cool.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by I has a bucket View Post
When I clicked this thread I thought you were going to be talking about a deployable missile launcher or something. One of those would be pretty cool.
We are going to have an ACE. There's also a flak cannon for AA, and we've already seen the Mana Turret.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Toppopia
Major

I think that engineers should be the default vehicle user class, because you can repair, i hate how people in mostly BF3 view vehicles as a disposable transport, especially say transport helicopters or tanks, but then you have the cool helpful people that are your gunner and they ARE an engineer and repair for you. Those small moments of helpfulness make the community seem better than a bunch of 12 year old american noobs.

I think maybe anti-tank grenades would be a good way for all infantry to be a tiny bit useful against tanks. Wouldn't make you overpowered, would just make a tank be cautious before engaging a group of infantry.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...d.php?p=694931
Anti-tank grenade thread to see what it would be like.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Meriv
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I think that engineers should be the default vehicle user class, because you can repair, i hate how people in mostly BF3 view vehicles as a disposable transport, especially say transport helicopters or tanks, but then you have the cool helpful people that are your gunner and they ARE an engineer and repair for you. Those small moments of helpfulness make the community seem better than a bunch of 12 year old american noobs.

I think maybe anti-tank grenades would be a good way for all infantry to be a tiny bit useful against tanks. Wouldn't make you overpowered, would just make a tank be cautious before engaging a group of infantry.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...d.php?p=694931
Anti-tank grenade thread to see what it would be like.
As stated in one video they want to give all infantry the chance to do some AV damage for that reason all classes can use one of the main weapon slots for a grenade launcher.

(not going for it, i will get the extra handgrip to reduce Tr recoil/spray)

Or certificate in C4 for example
Old 2012-06-17, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, that's the Heavy Assault niche, I don't remember where the tech tree pics are, but it looks like a stock heavy assault also carries a rocket launcher that can be specced for things like area effect and tracking and upgraded into anti vehicle, anti air or anti infantry weapons. That's why they haul that giant secondary weapon on their backs.

This isn't like old planetside where you just grabbed certs for everything and the only limit is what you can carry, it looks like you need to cert out your class. In fact, if someone can find those pics, it looked like some of the tier 5 certifications take dozens of certs.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Rocket on engineer doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Meriv View Post
As stated in one video they want to give all infantry the chance to do some AV damage for that reason all classes can use one of the main weapon slots for a grenade launcher.

(not going for it, i will get the extra handgrip to reduce Tr recoil/spray)

Or certificate in C4 for example
Oh yeah, there are grenade launchers, i forgot that, i wonder if there will be AV rounds that do more vehicle damage and less infantry damage, that sounds cool. But i might use a grip instead, gotta have good accuracy with the TR weapons
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion