GU09: Reduced Weapon Prices - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where all h4xx0rz are l33t
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

GU09: Reduced Weapon Prices

Just been looking at the depot, and thought I'd post the reduced cert costs for certain weapons. This isn't a complete list, just the ones I've noticed - and only from a VS perspective. I think the SC cost has changed as well in some cases, but I'm not certain.

Shotguns
  • Thanatos (fast reload, semi-auto): 250
  • Pandora (full-auto): 750
  • Nova (large clip, semi-auto): 750

Assault Rifles
  • Corvus (long range AR): 250

LMGs
  • Polaris (100-round clip): 250

MAX Weapons
  • Comet (first gen AV): 250
  • Cosmos (large clip AI): 250

Scout Rifles
  • Artemis (low damage, automatic): 250
  • Nyx (high damage, semi-auto): 750

Vehicle Weapons
  • Ranger (AA flak): 750
  • Walker (AA mg): 750

Carbines
  • Serpent (high-RoF, short range): 250

Pistols
  • Manticore (slower firing, more damaging Beamer variant): 250

Battle Rifles
  • Eidolon (high damage, semi-auto): 250

Rocket Launchers
  • Nemesis (AV lockon): 250
  • Hades (AA lockon): 250

Link to the reddit thread on this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...weapon_prices/

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 2013-05-23 at 10:05 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
PredatorFour
Major

Re: GU09: Reduced Weapon Prices

Nice spent 2000 certs on 2 cosmos about a week ago, now both for 500. Awesome!
Old 2013-05-22, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Nice spent 2000 certs on 2 cosmos about a week ago, now both for 500. Awesome!
That's pretty harsh, seems like they should really refund people the difference if they're going to reduce the price of things they already bought.

Old 2013-05-22, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SirChronus
Private

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
That's pretty harsh, seems like they should really refund people the difference if they're going to reduce the price of things they already bought.
There is a fairly large thread about this in the official SOE forums. It's a big balancing issue.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Assist
Contributor
Major

eh, I'm fine with it. When you purchased it you were o.k. with the price, otherwise you wouldn't have purchased it.

Possibly unrelated, but I noticed when I was on the test server yesterday that camo, decals, etc all had "750 SC or 750 SC", seemed like maybe they were going to offer another cost type to purchasing cosmetics.. Maybe it says that on live servers now, but I thought it always just had "750 SC" as the cost..
Old 2013-05-22, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

crai more

Just earn some more certs - its not a big deal.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

I wouldn't mind if they cut the prices of something I bought. Not like I gripe for certs anyhoot.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fenrys
Major

$10 for an Artemis that sucked then and still sucks, hoping that it will be fixed some day but not using it until then.

And now it's basically free.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
$10 for an Artemis that sucked then and still sucks, hoping that it will be fixed some day but not using it until then.

And now it's basically free.
It was free before....can't blame SOE because you spent cash on it to get it faster than unlocking it via certs. Do you get upset when you see a weapon on membership sale that is 50% off that you already bought for full price? Prices change. It's like saying you are upset because a game you bought day 1 release was $50-60 and is now on Steam sale for 75% off.

I've bought tons of weapons in this game and most people probably would think I spent too much. I'm not upset with changes in prices.. you see this all the time. If anything weapons should have been more accessible from the start. Players picking up the game now will likely see weapons as realistic to get which could increase the playerbase. Early adopters helped make the game profitable. Our money wasn't technically wasted.
Old 2013-05-22, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
crai more

Just earn some more certs - its not a big deal.
Meh, it doesn't bother me - I have no idea if anything I bought before is cheaper now or not - and the reduced prices seem like a great idea.

But I do have some sympathy for people who just spent a bunch of certs or SC on something just to see it's price slashed a week later.

Anyway, moving on, did anyone spot any deals I missed? And does anyone want to post the equivalent deals for TR/NC? I really just started this thread because I thought it might be helpful for people to see which things are cheaper now.

Old 2013-05-22, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shuuda
Private

What... that's alright? I've got a tonne of games which are probably cheaper now than when I bought them. I should march into GAME and ask for the difference to be refunded. Only fair, right?

I personally like the idea of lowering the cost of old weapons over time, it gives me a reason to try things I did not want to risk putting bigger certs or SC on before.
Old 2013-05-22, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vashyo
First Sergeant

This was a suprising change, and I love it

I'm actually thinking about buying more weapons now that I feel the price is right for lot of them and I think even the casual players who have poor SPM don't have a reason to complain now, you got lot of cheaper alternatives to choose from and to add some variety to the gun arsenal.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-05-22 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
camycamera
Major

THAT MEANS THAT I CAN BUY WEAPONS WITH CERTS NOW WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK! YES! YES! THANK YOU SOE! YES!

Old 2013-05-23, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Edited OP to add a few things I missed previously (because I already own them). Info taken from PS2 Daily Deals twitter feed (https://twitter.com/PS2DailyDeals), which also has SC costs for things.

Old 2013-05-23, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

What bothers me is that many of those now cheap weapons are the ones nobody uses like the Artemis and Thanatos because those are the worst options you can choose. But instead of fixing them they simply made them cheaper. Of course that rubs me the wrong way when I have spent over 1000 SC to get those weapons just to find out that there are other weapons which are outright better.

Also they changed how the Saron works and in the same move made the weapon which essential is (was) the Sarons little brother, the Halbert, more expensive. So for Vanu tanks, if you want to get the "Saron experience", you now have to buy the more expensive Halbert. Nice move!

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-05-23 at 06:18 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion