the certcost for a shotgun is to bloody high - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Every day I be shufflin'....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-02, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sir fraggington
Private

Re: the certcost for a shotgun is to bloody high

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
(This is going to be a bit off topic. But I need to type it)

Both games have classes that each have their own play styles, but I wouldn't call TF2 a team based game. It's a deathmatch game at heart, with maybe an objective tossed in depending on either map or mode to mix up the flow.

MvM is (in my opinion) the only real team based mode TF2 has because it forces you to play as a team or get overcome by the bots. Every other mode that Iv played (it has been some time) is more or less a team deathmatch with a side objective tossed in.

Yes, yes, I know that TF2 is made out to be a team game with red v blue and the likes. But playing and working as a team just isn't needed when there's instant gibs and no respawn timer to speak of. A team of Rambos are still a bunch of Rambos that happen to like alike.

Once more I say it's like calling ARMA II being like BF3. Both FPSes with vehicles and large maps. But, one is a deathmatch (arcade might be a better word) while the other is a sim. Both apples (a FPS) but different breeds all together with each having its own taste, texture, size, firmness, and feel.

In short-
Many games can be a FPS, but not all FPSes are the same game. If it was like that then Minecraft should be brought into this debate seeing how it is an FPS as well.
i never said they were the same game, i said their where similarities between the two.

And by the way it was not me who brought up tf2, when i say "spy like playstyle" i mean someone that actually infiltrates and does covert stuff like sabotage. you can paint a picture with that, don't tell me you've never seen a James Bond film.

but we are getting of topic.

Let us continue our discussion about the dire need of cheaper shotguns.
Old 2012-11-02, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Sir fraggington View Post
i never said they were the same game, i said their where similarities between the two.

And by the way it was not me who brought up tf2, when i say "spy like playstyle" i mean someone that actually infiltrates and does covert stuff like sabotage. you can paint a picture with that, don't tell me you've never seen a James Bond film.

but we are getting of topic.

Let us continue our discussion about the dire need of cheaper shotguns.
There no need for a shotgun for an inf to be a Bond like sabotage expert. An inf is more than capable of doing that with starter gear. Iv seen it happen many times and it HURTS. Hacking a few turrets then taking them out (either by baiting a HA or using another turret) is a damned good strategy. A skilled player can ruin a bases defenses single handed with just a stock inf.

When you said ""spy" like playstyle" I would put up cash (if I had any to begin with) that you where taking about the TF2 spy because of a few things.
1- Your avatar
2- Using the term "spy" as a CQC focused troop
3- Wanting an instant kill weapon for a near invisible class
4- Thinking that a sniper is useless.

Maybe I made an ass out of myself by assuming, maybe I didn't and was right. I'll never know without reading your mind.

Either way I agree about getting back on topic.

480 certs for a weapon that you'll then need to cert into for bits and bobs is to much. 250 seems like a better number to me. Makes it easier to get but you'll still have to go without upgrades for some time in order to save up for it.

Last edited by Chewy; 2012-11-02 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2012-11-03, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sir fraggington
Private

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
480 certs for a weapon that you'll then need to cert into for bits and bobs is to much. 250 seems like a better number to me. Makes it easier to get but you'll still have to go without upgrades for some time in order to save up for it.
Yes, somewhere in between 200 and 300 would be fine, i do not really care about the upgrades, what moron would mount a scope on a shotgun anyway!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion