station cash and items in store - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma owes me a nickel, I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-04, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: station cash and items in store

You certainly have a point about asset specific camos.
However I think there are pretty important factors we should take into account : the first is the rate at wich new content will be added. Depending on how often new weapons are added players won't value them the same.
There is also bundles and discounts. If the prices are higher (say 350-500) but with discounts and bundle every week, it would be a way to get players to pay the items they really want at full price anytime. And at the same time they would be able to buy items on a whim thanks to discounts and bundles.
And then there's double (or even triple) station cash sales which lower the actual value of SC too.

If weapons are added slowly (which I hope they will for balance sake) and we get a decent discount rotation, then $4-5 could actually be a good price since once discounted they would be around your fair price.
Old 2012-11-04, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ritual
Banned

Originally Posted by derito View Post

If weapons are added slowly (which I hope they will for balance sake) and we get a decent discount rotation, then $4-5 could actually be a good price since once discounted they would be around your fair price.

They should get rid of these ridiculous sales.

Who wants to invest in the money supply of Zimbabwe? Noone.

So Station Cash is not a ripoff when Smedley decides to have a sale but a ridiculous ripoff when he doesnt? I mean I would sure feel bad for someone who bought 50$ of Station Cash last week and then find out he could of got 3X more if he only waited until today.

IS that your idea of balancing and setting cash shop prices?

We should only buy Station Cash whenever there is a 3X sale? Fricken retarded. My life does not revolve around Smedley's 3X sales. I should be able to purchase things I want when I want, for a fair price and at the same rate as everyone else.

Its no wonder Smed bucks are often used in jokes.
Old 2012-11-04, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ritual
Banned

I know why they do the sales. Because their game lineup is stagnant right now, so they started this bad habit of Station Cash sales to try and coerce money out of a dwindling playerbase. Lets face it, Everquest is not what it once was.

Now that Planetside 2 is here they should make it an official policy to never have a sale again to make it fair for their consumers.

And Everquest Next will be out in a few years? So better to start the policy now.
Old 2012-11-04, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Actually, the discounts I'm talking about are sales à la League of legends not SC discounts. These are just an amplifying factor.
We know they intend to sell item bundles so item discounts kinda make sense.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion