Whats the most usefull skill.... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dam It feels good to be a gangsta
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-24, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Joe-Azlin
Corporal

Whats the most usefull skill....

Whats the most usefull skill and is it worth getting the advanced form of it?
Old 2003-07-24, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Repair, I don't know about CE. If you have repair and Avdanced Regeneration, you'll last a LONG time. That's what I have. Combined with surge to get me outta trouble quickly so I can repair and heal, I always find myself running out of ammo becouse I've lasted so long and then I have to re-stock.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-24, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

Medical. It'll keep you alive for soooooo long, since one Medical Applicator clip holds the equivalent of 40 med kits. Since HP is the only thing that keeps you alive, not armor, it's very useful. As for adv. medical, it's not that great IMO. Even with the latest changes that make dead people show up on radar and adv. meds show up on their radar, people still click that respawn button as fast as they can
Old 2003-07-24, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I would vote for eng. Combined with adv regen and med paks, you can keep yourself in prime fighting condition.
Old 2003-07-24, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Jaged
I would vote for eng. Combined with adv regen and med paks, you can keep yourself in prime fighting condition.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-24, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Basic Engi and Basic Medical are like bread and butter. If you work in squads then AdvMedical owns all. Specially when you have like 6 of 'em and it's more than a zerg squad.
Old 2003-07-24, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Hacking, hands down. Its life saving to have the ability to access any terminal, friend or foe.

Old 2003-07-24, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by 1024
Hacking, hands down. Its life saving to have the ability to access any terminal, friend or foe.
Don't you mean advanced hacking?
Old 2003-07-24, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Yes. Whatever.

grammar nazi.

Old 2003-07-24, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by 1024
grammar nazi.

actually, that's not being a grammar nazi since he's not correcting you on a grammatical basis, but on a basis of the gameplay, and it's rules.

Now that was being a grammar nazi
Old 2003-07-24, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Joe-Azlin
Corporal

Originally posted by Revolver

actually, that's not being a grammar nazi since he's not correcting you on a grammatical basis, but on a basis of the gameplay, and it's rules.

Now that was being a grammar nazi
hehe
Old 2003-07-24, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
nightcr4wler
Private

Hacking by far. Think about it: You get into an enemy base, or tower, by some means that I don't know, you are hurt, bad, armor = poo, health is not so good, you hack a equip terminal, swap armor, and then go hack a med terminal. All of which can be done in 15 seconds.

Might not apply to meatbags that go all armor but it works for us agile little beasts. ;]
Old 2003-07-24, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MuadDib
Staff Sergeant

Using only the medical skll I have stayed alive for 30 minutes+ in the huge outdoor zerg fights. I have had to loot corpse because I ran out of ammo for all my weapons...

While hacking is useful inside a base, Medical is useful everywhere....If you play smart you can stay alive rediculous periods of time against crazy odds......
Old 2003-07-24, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Spider
General

Adv. Hacking definitly

My TR uses infil suit + adv. hack to get into a pounder inside spawn to then resume the freshly spawned rape!
Old 2003-07-24, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ThundaHawkPS
Private

The problem is the hacking tree is only effective if you are frequently inside towers/facilities. For overall combat effectiveness I'd take enginnering. 2-3 health packs combined with smart repair goes a long way. Toss in medical and you'll never die of attrition (though lashers will still frickin own ya).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion